Noah's Ark & Other Things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Noah's Ark & Other Things
(31-03-2016 01:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  [...] So it just perplexes me why people like the original poster automatically accuse Christians for not seeing the problems with Noah's Ark when Jews wrote it.

Verbatim from the Christian Forum with 268,000 members...

"If the Bible says something happened, well you better believe it happened, if God tells you to do something, you better do something, if God tells you not to do something, don't do it. Never question His authority, and never question His Word. It isn't that the Bible says there was a huge flood with an ark, it's that God says that there was. Again, never question God, if you question Him, then where do you stop doubting things? And yes, according to scientific models it is possible, and even the Ark itself is proof that it existed. It's dimensions were far ahead of it's time. Only in the 20th century we learned of it's perfection".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2016, 01:48 PM
(31-03-2016 01:43 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 01:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  [...] So it just perplexes me why people like the original poster automatically accuse Christians for not seeing the problems with Noah's Ark when Jews wrote it.

"If the Bible says something happened, well you better believe it happened, if God tells you to do something, you better do something, if God tells you not to do something, don't do it. Never question His authority, and never question His Word. It isn't that the Bible says there was a huge flood with an ark, it's that God says that there was. Again, never question God, if you question Him, then where do you stop doubting things? And yes, according to scientific models it is possible, and even the Ark itself is proof that it existed. It's dimensions were far ahead of it's time. Only in the 20th century we learned of it's perfection".

Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
31-03-2016, 01:54 PM
(30-03-2016 01:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Believe it or not, but they have *theories* that land bridges existed from the asian continent to indonesia, New Guinea to Australia. Something according to plate tectonics v2.0 god style. I have even seen claims that a land bridge existed between South America and Africa to explain similarities too. WeepingFacepalm

I don’t know if you are being facetious or not but...

[Image: 8004334_f520.jpg]

[Image: gondwanland.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-03-2016, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2016 02:03 PM by SitaSky.)

So really what they are saying is: Believe what it says in the Bible because the men who wrote the Bible were inspired by God's word and if God's word says a great flood happened, it happened! Because the men who say they know what God says wrote down that he said that it happened...even though there is no proof...and even the largest wooden boat ever made sunk because big wooden boats are not sea-worthy ..but that's ok because God says so. Facepalm

We should be glad God never said to go around enslaving people or Christians would be thinking that's ok...oh wait...well we should should be glad it doesn't say women are below men...yeah...ok it does say those things. Wow it's amazing how much the world sucked back when most Christians did take the Bible literally. If only we could hear what God has to say about kangaroos and how they got to Austrailia but if he didn't' think it was important enough to put in the Bible it's nothing to worry about.Dodgy

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
31-03-2016, 01:54 PM

This, again, skirts the issue I'm introducing. I'm all for pointing out Christians are bat-shit crazy sheeple, but they didn't write the OT. Do Jews believe the Ark story? If so, why not give them shit? Why is it that so many non-religious people focus on Christians when discussing all of the horrible shit Yahweh did, when the Jews created this monster and wrote all about him?

Again, I'm antitheist, so I think they are all irrational followers who can't possibly square their religious circle, but it just perplexes me why Jews get a lot of free passes on this topic.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
31-03-2016, 01:58 PM
(31-03-2016 01:54 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 01:43 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Verbatim from the Christian Forum with 268,000 members...

This, again, skirts the issue I'm introducing. I'm all for pointing out Christians are bat-shit crazy sheeple, but they didn't write the OT. Do Jews believe the Ark story? If so, why not give them shit? Why is it that so many non-religious people focus on Christians when discussing all of the horrible shit Yahweh did, when the Jews created this monster and wrote all about him?

Again, I'm antitheist, so I think they are all irrational followers who can't possibly square their religious circle, but it just perplexes me why Jews get a lot of free passes on this topic.

I would say it's probably because Jews don't care if anyone believes in their religion, plus they are much more willing to accept scientific answers for the gaps in their holy books. I've honestly never met a Jewish person who cared if I worshiped their God and they never treated me badly or like I was an immoral heathen. Even our forum member Aliza is Jewish and she's cool so for me that's why we may focus more on Christians. Also growing up Catholic I know way more about their Bible than I do about The Torah even if most of it very similar.

[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
31-03-2016, 02:02 PM
I used to hear this cd of kids songs playing all the time at wal-mart and it was there the noah's ark childrens song diddie I would hear and it amazes me how it cheers up the story.

It is literally saying praise and give god your glory for not murdering EVERYONE, but keeping alive those 10ish? people so you can be their descendants. It ignores the whole part of the flood actually coming from god, not that it was just a natural occurrence god was saving man from.

You know, instead you could just be beings created in a new world where god actually did start over with perfection instead of just continuing to have people punished by "eve" and "cain's" actions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-03-2016, 02:21 PM
(31-03-2016 01:58 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 01:54 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  This, again, skirts the issue I'm introducing. I'm all for pointing out Christians are bat-shit crazy sheeple, but they didn't write the OT. Do Jews believe the Ark story? If so, why not give them shit? Why is it that so many non-religious people focus on Christians when discussing all of the horrible shit Yahweh did, when the Jews created this monster and wrote all about him?

I would say it's probably because Jews don't care if anyone believes in their religion, plus they are much more willing to accept scientific answers for the gaps in their holy books. I've honestly never met a Jewish person who cared if I worshiped their God and they never treated me badly or like I was an immoral heathen. Even our forum member Aliza is Jewish and she's cool so for me that's why we may focus more on Christians. Also growing up Catholic I know way more about their Bible than I do about The Torah even if most of it very similar.

But you see the inherent problem here, right? "Hey, Jews, you don't knock on my door and bother me so even though you created this monster and this horrible opus, we won't give you shit."

A mad scientist creates a disease in the lab, gives it to anyone who would accept it, they spread the disease throughout humanity and we give the scientist the pass? No thanks. The Jewish people are just as culpable in this bullshit we face every day.p and should be accused of being moronic when it comes to the ark, etc., even if they don't believe it.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2016, 02:31 PM
(31-03-2016 02:21 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 01:58 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I would say it's probably because Jews don't care if anyone believes in their religion, plus they are much more willing to accept scientific answers for the gaps in their holy books. I've honestly never met a Jewish person who cared if I worshiped their God and they never treated me badly or like I was an immoral heathen. Even our forum member Aliza is Jewish and she's cool so for me that's why we may focus more on Christians. Also growing up Catholic I know way more about their Bible than I do about The Torah even if most of it very similar.

But you see the inherent problem here, right? "Hey, Jews, you don't knock on my door and bother me so even though you created this monster and this horrible opus, we won't give you shit."

A mad scientist creates a disease in the lab, gives it to anyone who would accept it, they spread the disease throughout humanity and we give the scientist the pass? No thanks. The Jewish people are just as culpable in this bullshit we face every day.p and should be accused of being moronic when it comes to the ark, etc., even if they don't believe it.

I get where you're coming from but I've never met a Jew who was proud of Christianity or felt they had "created" it. I'm not going to blame jews for the dumb Christians who knock on my door any more than I would blame a parent who ends up having a kid whose a drug addict and get's arrested all the time. Maybe their rules and stories had something to do with the terrible actions of their child but I wouldn't thrown them in prison if their kid breaks the law.

[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
31-03-2016, 02:38 PM
(31-03-2016 01:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 03:10 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I can live with that too.

I can honestly say that I have never seen a Jew stand on a street corner/in a town center/come to my home/put leaflets through my door in an attempt to convert me to their faith. Jews stay out of my life. They cause me no offense whatsoever. I have no problems with them.

christards, on the other hand, extol the so-called virtues of christardology on street corners and in town centres. They leaflet my house. They knock on my door. All of this in order to convert me to their religtardology and, when I won't, they threaten me by telling me that I am going to hell and will burn there for eternity. Anyone who threatens me with burning in hell for eternity tends to generate a certain amount of vitriol and disdain.

Not only that, christards affect the laws of the UK since cofe bishops have 26 seats in the House of Lords. I am not a christard. Why should they be able to affect life in the UK, especially as they are non-elected?

Also, christards go on to Atheist forums and disrupt proceedings, even though they are rarely banned. Offhand, I can't actually remember someone who professed to be of the Jewish persuasion doing this. It's just not their style.

Also, why Jews and not, for example, Hindus? Just interested is all.

I agree with your standpoint, of course. But the arrogance and annoyance of Christianity still doesn't answer my question. The Jews wrote most of the book over which many people take Christians to task, namely the problems with the OT. So it just perplexes me why people like the original poster automatically accuse Christians for not seeing the problems with Noah's Ark when Jews wrote it.

christards hijack and then claim it as theirs eg. December 25th and the laws we live by. It's christards that bang the ot/nt drum - not the Jews. It's christards that claim the flood and Noah and the Exodus etc. - not the Jews. Yes, the Jews wrote it but many christards don't know that. In fact, the christards that I've spoken to appear to know bugger all about the babble. They just claim to or think they do - until challenged. Then, their ignorance becomes obvious. Most of the christards that I've spoken to are unaware that the existence of jebus is in a lot of doubt. In their minds, jebus existed and there are no question about it. Even a vicar that looks after 5 churches in the area where I live was unaware of Dr Richard Carrier and of how flimsy the proof for jebus really is. It isn't the Jews that try and pour their religion down our throats and then threaten us with eternal damnation when we reject their machinations. It is what christards do and that is precisely why christards attract the caustic comments and ill feeling that they do.

As for their arrogance, well, 72% of the population of Europe that profess to be religtards are christardologists. That gives them a certain kudos. After all, how can that number of people all be wrong?

Also, in the dismal past, christardology was established using murder, pillage, rape, torture, slavery and pillage. If anyone opposed them, they were severely dealt with. Laws were enacted to support christards and their christardology. In fact, I have seen a website claim that christards murdered between 100 - 200 million people in their rampage through history. The christard arrogance came from all of their assumed power. katlickers are one of the worst of the christard sects. Their priests were not to be questioned for they were infallible. It's how they hid their paedophillic behaviour for so long.

I hope that this is a little clearer. If not, just post again and I'll respond.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post