Noah's Ark & Other Things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: Noah's Ark & Other Things
(31-03-2016 01:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 01:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Believe it or not, but they have *theories* that land bridges existed from the asian continent to indonesia, New Guinea to Australia. Something according to plate tectonics v2.0 god style. I have even seen claims that a land bridge existed between South America and Africa to explain similarities too. WeepingFacepalm

I don’t know if you are being facetious or not but...

[Image: 8004334_f520.jpg]

[Image: gondwanland.jpg]

You didnt get my point Smile
They were talking about land bridges, not about plate tectonics. According to those theories, land briges existed between the continents where they are now, since the continents never moved. How could they, in 6000y. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2016, 03:16 PM
It's like I'm talking to a wall. I don't care how much Christians piss any of you off, they piss me off, too. I completely agree about how annoying and self-righteous they can be. I'm fully aware of the history of Christianity, how it rose to prominence, what Christians think of the bible and their complete ignorance. I was a Catholic, I know the drill.

Just because Jews and their religion don't bother you, or anyone on here apparently, doesn't mean you shouldn't have some disdain for their religion and take them to task equally for the Yahweh monster or the atrocities their book has inflicted on science and the human race.

When someone calls out "Christian theists" for not being able to square the Ark circle, I feel it's a joke, that those accusations or curiosities should be aimed at Judaism first, for writing the drivel in the first place. Yet, the spotlight inexplicably shines on the Christians for the Jews' horrible book.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2016, 03:32 PM
(31-03-2016 03:16 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's like I'm talking to a wall. I don't care how much Christians piss any of you off, they piss me off, too. I completely agree about how annoying and self-righteous they can be. I'm fully aware of the history of Christianity, how it rose to prominence, what Christians think of the bible and their complete ignorance. I was a Catholic, I know the drill.

Just because Jews and their religion don't bother you, or anyone on here apparently, doesn't mean you shouldn't have some disdain for their religion and take them to task equally for the Yahweh monster or the atrocities their book has inflicted on science and the human race.

When someone calls out "Christian theists" for not being able to square the Ark circle, I feel it's a joke, that those accusations or curiosities should be aimed at Judaism first, for writing the drivel in the first place. Yet, the spotlight inexplicably shines on the Christians for the Jews' horrible book.

I feel like I'm talking to a wall also.

christards have taken over the whole kit and caboodle. They don't say - the Jews wrote the babble. They claim they did it. Not enough christards know that they didn't. Not enough non-christards know either nor they give a crap and so the christards get the shit - not the Jews. It's that bleedin' simple.

It's a lack of knowledge. Its that simple.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
31-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Why don't we find the same fossils in different strata?

Why do we have chalk cliffs?

Why is the planet not sterile?

How did they care for animals that even in modern captivity struggle to/won't survive?

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
31-03-2016, 03:45 PM
How did giant pandas find bamboo shoots on their journey to SE Asia? Easy, god sorted all their problems with a top hat and a magic wand.
He's good like that.
31-03-2016, 03:56 PM
(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  How can the Christian theists explain the fact that after the great flood subsided, the kangaroo and the koala found their way to only one isolated, distant island on the planet? Why are there none to be found in any other country? I'll accept that the platypus—being aquatic—could've lasted long enough in a mild saline environment in order to swim to Australia (instead of, say, Madagascar which is closer), but neither the kangaroo or the koala is capable of swimming, and there was no connecting land mass for them to traverse.

And with regards to birds, how is it that crows (genus Corvus) are found in every country on the planet, whilst the cassowary (genus Casuarius) is only found in Australia? This just doesn't make any sense from a logical perspective.

There's a lot more questions surrounding the myth of Noah's ark and the flood, but these are a couple of the simpler ones for the theists to address.

(And yes, I know there's a few other Noah threads here, but I was interested from an Aussie perspective considering the number of unique animals we have here.)
My brother was offering me a book that he said even had the name of the Angel that was assigned by God to lead all the marsupials to Australia. I wasn't interested.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
31-03-2016, 04:00 PM
(31-03-2016 03:32 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 03:16 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's like I'm talking to a wall. I don't care how much Christians piss any of you off, they piss me off, too. I completely agree about how annoying and self-righteous they can be. I'm fully aware of the history of Christianity, how it rose to prominence, what Christians think of the bible and their complete ignorance. I was a Catholic, I know the drill.

christards have taken over the whole kit and caboodle. They don't say - the Jews wrote the babble. They claim they did it. Not enough christards know that they didn't. Not enough non-christards know either nor they give a crap and so the christards get the shit - not the Jews. It's that bleedin' simple.

Along the same lines I knew a preacher who always said thee and thou as well as ye etc... Because if that was good enuff for Jesus it is good enuff for him. Of course he used that type of language not knowing singular from plural, just as the Book of Mormon does, but that is immaterial.
31-03-2016, 04:15 PM
(31-03-2016 01:54 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 01:43 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Verbatim from the Christian Forum with 268,000 members...

"If the Bible says something happened, well you better believe it happened, if God tells you to do something, you better do something, if God tells you not to do something, don't do it. Never question His authority, and never question His Word. It isn't that the Bible says there was a huge flood with an ark, it's that God says that there was. Again, never question God, if you question Him, then where do you stop doubting things? And yes, according to scientific models it is possible, and even the Ark itself is proof that it existed. It's dimensions were far ahead of it's time. Only in the 20th century we learned of it's perfection".

So really what they are saying is: Believe what it says in the Bible because the men who wrote the Bible were inspired by God's word and if God's word says a great flood happened, it happened! Because the men who say they know what God says wrote down that he said that it happened...even though there is no proof...and even the largest wooden boat ever made sunk because big wooden boats are not sea-worthy ..but that's ok because God says so. Facepalm

We should be glad God never said to go around enslaving people or Christians would be thinking that's ok...oh wait...well we should should be glad it doesn't say women are below men...yeah...ok it does say those things. Wow it's amazing how much the world sucked back when most Christians did take the Bible literally. If only we could hear what God has to say about kangaroos and how they got to Austrailia but if he didn't' think it was important enough to put in the Bible it's nothing to worry about.Dodgy

Exactly. Only problem with their perspective is the bible is riddled with inconsistencies, inaccuracies, historically disproven lies, fiction, fantasy and forgery...odd for a universe creating super genie to not be able to ensure the written word was factual.

I love the ten commandments....

[Image: 20iuhkh.jpg]

hmmmm I always found it amusing how the alleged Xtian god, who is omniscient (knows everything), did not think to put thou shalt not enslave another human being....or perhaps thou shalt not rape another person....no no, but thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass made the list. Looking over this list...and the things it is so concerned about....one would think it was the creation of men who live in a patriarchal society, not a universe creating super being Consider Perhaps because it was.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
31-03-2016, 04:50 PM
(31-03-2016 03:32 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

But that isn't the point. When I ask why we, the educated atheists who KNOW the Jews wrote the OT, aren't taking them to task and accusing them of the bullshit most here aim at Christians, THAT is the point I have introduced. I don't need a lesson on how ridiculous the Christian theists are or how their ignorance leads them to believe they wrote the bible and need to defend the ark story.

Let's hold accountable those responsible for this preposterous story, not just the ones who THINK they wrote it and explain it away.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2016, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2016 08:36 PM by god has no twitter account.)
(31-03-2016 04:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 03:32 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I feel like I'm talking to a wall also.

But that isn't the point. When I ask why we, the educated atheists who KNOW the Jews wrote the OT, aren't taking them to task and accusing them of the bullshit most here aim at Christians, THAT is the point I have introduced. I don't need a lesson on how ridiculous the Christian theists are or how their ignorance leads them to believe they wrote the bible and need to defend the ark story.

Let's hold accountable those responsible for this preposterous story, not just the ones who THINK they wrote it and explain it away.

In 2012, on average, 92 people per day were killed in the US in auto accidents. Do you blame Chrysler or Ford or Toyota? No.

If someone turned Harry Potter into a murderous religious cult, would you blame J K Rowling? No.

And, for similar reasoning, people don't blame the Jews for pushing Noah's flood and the Exodus etc. They're not the ones pushing the shit down all of our throats by standing on street corners and in town centres and leafleting our homes and knocking on our doors telling us that unless we give our lives to jebus, we are all gonna fry in hell for eternity. That would be the christards - the ones we aim our shit at.

I have now gone full circle.

Yes, the Jews wrote the OT but they are not the ones pushing it out there.

Ask yourself this: If I started pushing the Phlogiston theory, who would you blame - Becher or me?

What of call of the wild and every other troll that this place has had. Have they been Jews? No, they have been christards.

And that's why christards get the shit - because they are the ones spreading it, not the Jews.

Has this made it clearer?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored