Noah's Ark & Other Things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Noah's Ark & Other Things
(01-04-2016 09:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 09:32 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Touche, DLJ!

You see... that's why I like you so much. You're just so damn smart. Smile

Yeah, thanks DLJ, I just didn't have the energy to say it, and much more. I'll just let this go for now.

Will you?

Thank fuck for Spotlight, then.

Drinking Beverage

Just teasing. I know what you meant. Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-04-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: Noah's Ark & Other Things
(01-04-2016 07:46 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yes, we do have authority to interpret our document.

but...

Quote:There’s a Jewish parable about these Rabbis arguing over the interpretation of some Jewish law at some large assembly. The first Rabbi thought it was to be understood one way, and the second Rabbi thought it was a different way. Most of the scholars agreed with the second Rabbi, and the majority won out. The first Rabbi called up to G-d and asked, “Lord, can you explain how we were supposed to interpret this law? This other guy is getting it all wrong.” G-d replied, “You have it right, everyone else is wrong.” And everyone in the room hollered up at G-d saying, “No! You gave us the Torah, and you told us to interpret it the way we wanted! You don’t get to come back and tell us that we’re interpreting it wrong!” And G-d cried with joy because his children finally *got it*. The second Rabbi’s ruling was upheld even though it was wrong.

completely undermines any claim to Jews having any better or more authoritative interpretation than the Christians.

It also undermines any claim to there being a point to the document other than possibly it being deliberately created to be so obviously bad that people would have to sit down and think about what would be good.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post