Noah's Ark - The REAL Story

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
29-04-2010, 12:18 PM

RE: Noah's Ark - The REAL Story
I am not really making the connection...care to elaborate?
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2010, 12:33 PM

(29-04-2010 12:18 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  I am not really making the connection...care to elaborate?

Maybe I'm the one confused. I didn't watch the video from the first post and was thinking that the gist was that the Noah's Ark story is myth. Then it was mentioned that who doesn't know that, and I was just pointing out that just yesterday some ding dongs say they found the ark. However it seems I may have missed the main theme of this thread.
29-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Oh, no I entirely understand what you are talking about now. It's just the link you supplied carried me to an article covering an oil spill. ^_^
So I'm sitting here thinking: ...wait...what does an oil rig sinking and spilling its contents have to do with myths and their origins? Are you extrapolating that this might one day become a myth?
29-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Now that's strange. It took me to the right video. Although I did notice the oil spill one down on the page Undecided

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2010, 12:48 PM

Phew at least I'm not crazy LOL
29-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Oh well, at least we all know what we are talking about now, so no harm done.

But, yes, you do make a good point Dregs.
29-04-2010, 01:11 PM

Let me quickly clarify the reason for this thread...

In the Loopholes thread, discussion had come up regarding biblical stories and their truth (!), the main one discussed being Noah's Ark.

The recent news item had come up, and I had posted a link to Pharyngula where PZ Meyers dismantled the story, along with his links to other articles doing the same.

I thought that, since I had recently found the BBC documentary I posted above, we could have a separate thread to discuss the Noah's Ark story (its origins, parallels...in essence, debunk the Old Testament story that all 3 religions believe in).

Hope that clarifies that.
29-04-2010, 01:13 PM

In regards to the flood myth, I have one thing to say:

Inbreeding. Lots and lots of inbreeding.
29-04-2010, 01:26 PM

(29-04-2010 01:11 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  Let me quickly clarify the reason for this thread...

In the Loopholes thread, discussion had come up regarding biblical stories and their truth (!), the main one discussed being Noah's Ark.

The recent news item had come up, and I had posted a link to Pharyngula where PZ Meyers dismantled the story, along with his links to other articles doing the same.

I thought that, since I had recently found the BBC documentary I posted above, we could have a separate thread to discuss the Noah's Ark story (its origins, parallels...in essence, debunk the Old Testament story that all 3 religions believe in).

GotchaWink new here, but I'm catching up.Smile
29-04-2010, 02:02 PM

(29-04-2010 01:11 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  Let me quickly clarify the reason for this thread...

How would, as you put it "in essence, debunk the Old Testament story that all 3 religions believe in"? Let's say the flood happened and there were three groups of people scattered over the earth, would you not expect them to have a flood story also, after all they got flooded too?
(29-04-2010 11:29 AM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  The series definitely lends credence to the fact that NO evidence (as expected by Christian) will be found to suggest the biblical version is true.

What would interest me is if evidence of the REAL Sumerian king of the story is possibly based on is found that it would put all these Christian ramblings to silence, once and for all. Well, we'd hope anyway... Wink

What evidence would like to see to prove the Biblical perspective that the flood occurred? You said there was NO evidence to suggest the Biblical version is true.