Noah's Ark, again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2013, 06:59 AM
RE: Noah's Ark, again
You all have good points, but let us get back to aquatic creatures. Is there any verse in the Bible that says anything about the aquatics?

And what do the fundies say about that?

Big Grin

P.S.

Reltzik, you don't understand God. He "told" all those wasps that they will reproduce differently while they are on the boat. He did it with all the animals, that is why they did not eat each other.

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 08:08 AM
(07-09-2013 06:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  Reltzik, you don't understand God. He "told" all those wasps that they will reproduce differently while they are on the boat. He did it with all the animals, that is why they did not eat each other.

Tongue

.... so, wait, why not just "tell" all those animals they could swim and live in the incomprehensibly deep waters, so Noah didn't have to take anything along at all?
07-09-2013, 09:48 AM
(06-09-2013 02:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a miracle! The only possible explanation.

Or, it's a pile of bullshit... an explanation for which there is evidence in support.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2013, 12:53 PM
(07-09-2013 09:48 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 02:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a miracle! The only possible explanation.

Or, it's a pile of bullshit... an explanation for which there is evidence in support.

Piles of bullshit can be miraculous! It was declared so after the Second Defenestration of Prague!

.... oh, wait, no, that was horseshit. Nevermind.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
07-09-2013, 09:01 PM
(06-09-2013 02:30 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 02:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Evidence, or are you just pulling stuff out of your ass?

He's pulling stuff out of his arse...

That was my hunch too, mon ami. I've seen it before.

In fact, its all any of them ever do.
07-09-2013, 10:47 PM
(06-09-2013 01:23 PM)Filox Wrote:  OK, I know we had tons of shit about the absurdity of Noah's Ark, but, wait, there is more!

One question just came to me while I was watching how Richard Dawkins destroyed the idea of NA and I don't think I ever heard it before, or any kind of explanation for it.

What about all the fish, lizards, dolphins and all other aquatic creatures?

Let me specify... All the rivers and seas were mixed together and there was a great storm, a lot of rain... This would all change the properties of the aquatic environment that a certain species depended upon, so a lot of those species would be dead. Gone. In a giant genocide, along with all the other land creatures.

Did Noah had a bunch of gold-fish tanks that he just forgot to mention, or did nobody care about what happens to stupid fish (whales and dolphins as well)?

Big Grin

Chew on it, motherfuckers.

There's also the ridiculous Kinds argument.

Creationists say that Noah only took representatives of each FAMILY, not every species, Ex. two animals for Felidae, two animals for Crocodylidae, etc.

Of course, there's no evidence that 'Kinds' is anything other than the equivalent to the modern word species, but y'know, whatever.

Part of their argument is that "it only took two dogs to give rise to all the dog species we have today", the fact that they think the different breeds of dogs are all different species shows the level of their ignorance regarding biology AND history.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
08-09-2013, 02:27 AM
(07-09-2013 10:47 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  There's also the ridiculous Kinds argument.

Creationists say that Noah only took representatives of each FAMILY, not every species, Ex. two animals for Felidae, two animals for Crocodylidae, etc.

Of course, there's no evidence that 'Kinds' is anything other than the equivalent to the modern word species, but y'know, whatever.

Part of their argument is that "it only took two dogs to give rise to all the dog species we have today", the fact that they think the different breeds of dogs are all different species shows the level of their ignorance regarding biology AND history.

Also, if this were true, then it would require a type of 'hyper evolution' to account for all of the biodiversity from such a limited pool of species. If you must take two of each kind of bear, you don't break evolution, but the logistics become impossible. If however you want to believe that Noah only took two 'bears' and those two are responsible for Black Bears, Brown Bears, Polar Bears, Grizzly Bears, Pandas, etc. Well then, now the logistics might work, but now you have to endorse un-scientifically verifiable 'hyper evolution', essentially macro-evolution (speciation) on an incredibly short time scale. Laughat

They can't have their cake and eat it too. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
08-09-2013, 12:28 PM
(06-09-2013 02:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  1) The topography in the pre-Noahic world was arguably far less striated. When water covered the tops of the mountains it wasn't that great a depth of water. 2) There was tremendous loss of life on land and sea alike--we see many species disappear in the Flood and immediate post-Flood world. There are great extinctions in the record, say scholars, just as they've certified explosions of new life in relatively shorter periods of time.

PS. You wrote there is tons of stuff about the absurdity of the ark, is there a thread somewhere here about the positives in the biblical ark record? The stability of the craft with those dimensions, etc? You know--a balanced view even if you find more details are con than pro.

In Greenland scientists extracted ice cores from 20 different locations in vast ice sheets going almost two miles down into the ice. There are 12,000 annual layers of ice going back to 120,000 years in each core sample. It records many of the well known events that have befallen the Earth. In the year 79 CE (Common Era) Mt. Vesuvius in Italy blew it's top and volcanic ash encircled the earth. They can find this in the ice cores extracted from the ice and the ice dates corresponds precisely with the date of the Vesuvius explosion which was recorded by writers in 79 CE.

The almost two mile deep ice extractions show annual warming and cooling of the weather. Storms, dry spells etc. There was no recent flood 6000 years ago. In going back further through the ice layers to 120,000 years ago, no evidence of a great flood has been seen and that's because..... IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Scientists do the same thing with layers of rock going back millions of years. There was no flood because........ IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

It's a common myth. American Indians have similar stories in their myths as do other cultures.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-09-2013, 03:25 PM
(07-09-2013 10:47 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 01:23 PM)Filox Wrote:  OK, I know we had tons of shit about the absurdity of Noah's Ark, but, wait, there is more!

One question just came to me while I was watching how Richard Dawkins destroyed the idea of NA and I don't think I ever heard it before, or any kind of explanation for it.

What about all the fish, lizards, dolphins and all other aquatic creatures?

Let me specify... All the rivers and seas were mixed together and there was a great storm, a lot of rain... This would all change the properties of the aquatic environment that a certain species depended upon, so a lot of those species would be dead. Gone. In a giant genocide, along with all the other land creatures.

Did Noah had a bunch of gold-fish tanks that he just forgot to mention, or did nobody care about what happens to stupid fish (whales and dolphins as well)?

Big Grin

Chew on it, motherfuckers.

There's also the ridiculous Kinds argument.

Ah, yes, it all makes perfect sense now. Thank you.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
08-09-2013, 04:23 PM
(08-09-2013 03:25 PM)Filox Wrote:  Ah, yes, it all makes perfect sense now. Thank you.

Big Grin

If the human brain is essentially a computer, all the Creationists (Deluvians?) have to do is keep digging themselves deeper into the nonsense hole until they hit the negative integer overflow and achieve perfect sense.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail