Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna
"Micro-evolution is the process that is responsible for the many variations of some species of living things, such as dogs and finches. Macro-evolution is the mythical process by which one kind of creature, such as a reptile, turns into another kind, such as a bird."

Let us look at definitions of these and see what they really mean

Microevolution:a change in gene frequency within a population. Evolution at this scale can be observed over short periods of time — for example, between one generation and the next, the frequency of a gene for pesticide resistance in a population of crop pests increases

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary...oscales_02

Macroevolution:evolution above the species level.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/ev...tion.shtml

So macroevolution would be seen happening when ever you see a new species appear. In fact if you argue as a christian creationist and you follow ken ham's kind chart about a bunch of families would have to evolve in proboscidea because they are called the same kind. Proboscidea has 10 families. For 10 families to appear from the single proboscidean kind after the flood would be macro evolution on a grand scale.

"It is argued by evolutionists that given enough time, the small changes caused by micro-evolution can add up to big enough changes to create entirely new species. Although this argument may seem reasonable on the surface, closer examination shows that it must be false."

The argument is in fact true if you look at the definition. If you look at something like ring species, you will see a population eventually leading into a new species from micro evolution to macro evolution.

"When Darwin was on the Galapagos Islands, he correctly observed that some finches, which had been separated from other finches of the same species, had acquired distinctive characteristics (unusual beaks or feathers). He correctly concluded that these birds had evolved, in a particular sense of the word. They truly had undergone micro-evolution."

Well not really. As before macro evolution is above the species level and micro is in populations. Because each finch is a different species, they have different populations. So micro was observed yes, but macro was also observed seeing as they are different finch species with different populations.

"Most creationists agree that micro-evolution does occur. In fact, Biblical creationists insist that it does. Micro-evolution is their explanation for how all the human races came from Noah's family. They say the races of men are the result of micro-evolution. Let's see how micro-evolution works."

I thought it was used to explain certain things, though micro-evolution is thrown out the window when it is not needed.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I got a rather unpleasant surprise last night.

I went to band practice at a building called the Victoria Center in my home town. It hosts lots of different stuff, including a studio, day-care, youth club etc...

Waiting for the band to arrive I noticed on the walls of the day-care room, none other than a large children's painting of Noah's Ark... Looking round I saw other Old Testament stories, including Adam and Eve.

They can't seriously be teaching this shit to kids at day-care... Can they?

The center is funded by the Welsh government, with tax payer's money... And they teach this shit?

This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree; but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom... - The Ghost of Christmas Present.
03-07-2014, 12:15 PM
(03-07-2014 12:01 PM)Sam Wrote:  I got a rather unpleasant surprise last night.

I went to band practice at a building called the Victoria Center in my home town. It hosts lots of different stuff, including a studio, day-care, youth club etc...

Waiting for the band to arrive I noticed on the walls of the day-care room, none other than a large children's painting of Noah's Ark... Looking round I saw other Old Testament stories, including Adam and Eve.

The center is funded by the Welsh government, with tax payer's money... And they teach this shit?

They will pander that shit anywhere they think they can get away with it. Facepalm

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-07-2014, 03:22 AM

Hi Sam,

I think they can, but hear me out I will look in to it, but I think. As long as its not in a context of Science they can!
We, have just changed the rules regarding teaching intelligent designe and creationism in Science classes but it does not stop them teaching it in any RE!
So as long as its just a story and not given as fact it going to get in to the class.

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
05-07-2014, 06:30 PM
(04-07-2014 03:22 AM)JONES Wrote:  

Hi Sam,

I think they can, but hear me out I will look in to it, but I think. As long as its not in a context of Science they can!
We, have just changed the rules regarding teaching intelligent designe and creationism in Science classes but it does not stop them teaching it in any RE!
So as long as its just a story and not given as fact it going to get in to the class.

I don't know... I remember in my primary school education being taught the Adam and Eve story in a history class! Even then, as a full believer I thought that was weird.

This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree; but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom... - The Ghost of Christmas Present.
05-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Noah and his damn ark have so many absurd holes throughout the story that I wonder just how stupid a person has to be to buy into any of it. The animals are ridiculous, there is no proof left behind, there are multiple places in the world known to have rained for well over 200 days straight, and that's all without mention of the other claims about Noah as a man.

Some of these folk actually believe Jesus lived with dinosaurs. Just how stupid are the die hard crazies? Should they be locked up?

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
05-07-2014, 06:54 PM
(20-02-2014 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 10:12 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  If Earth were flooded to the top of Everest, the depth of water would be over 29000 feet. Since every 33 feet of water adds 1 unit of atmospheric pressure (14 psi/1 bar), pressure at the CURRENT sea level would be about 880 atmospheres. Ouch!! Squashed Nemo.

The other problem is light. If you've ever snorkelled or dived, you'll know that light disappears pretty quickly as you go deeper. Even by 30 feet, reds and yellows are gone and everything is blue with a touch of green. A couple of hundred feet down, everything is black (so I'm told - no personal experience). So even the flora wouldn't survive.

Note: If the sea rose to cover Mt. Everest, the air pressure at that sea level would be about the same as that at the current sea level.

yeah they dont think about barometric pressure issues much when they posit a great world wide never happened flood...

The conventional flood story states that the flood waters came from rain that lasted 40 days and 40 night right? Rain appears when the atmosphere can no longer support water in the vapor phase and it becomes saturated. So normally, the atmosphere is on the brink of saturation, and the variations in temperature and pressure caused by weather fronts are capable of altering the threshold at which precipitation will form quite easily. What about the amount of water vapor suspended in air needed for the 4.5 billion cubic kilometers of water needed for the global flood? The water vapor currently in the air is only around 2-3% on average, with a maximum of 4% limited by temperature and pressure.

The change in atmospheric conditions required to support enough vapor for 112 million cubic kilometers of rain per day - about 120,000 times more than the current daily rainfall worldwide - would have rendered the air unbreathable. You do see the problem right?

Indeed, the atmosphere really couldn't sustain that much water even under the most extreme temperature and pressure conditions the planet can produce. If the conditions were right for that much water to be in the atmosphere, humans and virtually every other animal would have drowned through the simple act of breathing, as well as turning the earth into the equivalent of a pressure cooker with atmospheric pressure at nearly a thousand psi instead of the standard 14.7 or so that we have today.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Yabut, the water wasn't in the atmosphere -- it came through holes in the firmament. Don't you guys read the Bible?

Tongue
08-07-2014, 12:27 AM
(05-07-2014 06:45 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  Noah and his damn ark have so many absurd holes throughout the story that I wonder just how stupid a person has to be to buy into any of it. The animals are ridiculous, there is no proof left behind, there are multiple places in the world known to have rained for well over 200 days straight, and that's all without mention of the other claims about Noah as a man.

Some of these folk actually believe Jesus lived with dinosaurs. Just how stupid are the die hard crazies? Should they be locked up?

I saw one creationist vid where they implied that dinosaurs were around in the middle ages...

A facepalm just doesn't cut it...

Those bastards owe me... I spilled half a can of beer when they said that.

08-07-2014, 12:34 AM
(08-07-2014 12:27 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 06:45 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  Noah and his damn ark have so many absurd holes throughout the story that I wonder just how stupid a person has to be to buy into any of it. The animals are ridiculous, there is no proof left behind, there are multiple places in the world known to have rained for well over 200 days straight, and that's all without mention of the other claims about Noah as a man.

I saw one creationist vid where they implied that dinosaurs were around in the middle ages...

A facepalm just doesn't cut it...

Those bastards owe me... I spilled half a can of beer when they said that.

They do this to keep up that dinosaurs=dragons. You see sam dinosaurs are never mentioned in the bible, but dragons are. So if fictional animals are in the bible and realistic animals are not, then it will be easy to see that the bible is false. That is why behemoth turned from this:

[Image: Behemoth3.jpg]

[Image: Lev-Beh-Ziz.jpg]

To this:

[Image: Brachiosaurus_DB.jpg]

Funny seems that god could not communicate well for so many years if behemoth is supposed to be a dinosaur yet was and still is depicted as a large cow or hippo like creature.Consider

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post