Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna
(08-07-2014 12:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 12:27 AM)Sam Wrote:  I saw one creationist vid where they implied that dinosaurs were around in the middle ages...

A facepalm just doesn't cut it...

Those bastards owe me... I spilled half a can of beer when they said that.

They do this to keep up that dinosaurs=dragons. You see sam dinosaurs are never mentioned in the bible, but dragons are. So if fictional animals are in the bible and realistic animals are not, then it will be easy to see that the bible is false. That is why behemoth turned from this:

[Image: Behemoth3.jpg]

[Image: Lev-Beh-Ziz.jpg]

To this:

[Image: Brachiosaurus_DB.jpg]

Funny seems that god could not communicate well for so many years if behemoth is supposed to be a dinosaur yet was and still is depicted as a large cow or hippo like creature.Consider

I've got a sudden urge to play Skyrim now... Big Grin

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits... - George Carlin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 12:41 PM
(08-07-2014 11:42 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 12:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  They do this to keep up that dinosaurs=dragons. You see sam dinosaurs are never mentioned in the bible, but dragons are. So if fictional animals are in the bible and realistic animals are not, then it will be easy to see that the bible is false. That is why behemoth turned from this:

[Image: Behemoth3.jpg]

[Image: Lev-Beh-Ziz.jpg]

To this:

[Image: Brachiosaurus_DB.jpg]

Funny seems that god could not communicate well for so many years if behemoth is supposed to be a dinosaur yet was and still is depicted as a large cow or hippo like creature.Consider

I've got a sudden urge to play Skyrim now... Big Grin

I already am.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
11-07-2014, 07:53 AM
I got a flood question. If they packed every inch of the boat, and the boat is made of simple wood, wouldn't it be too heavy to float? Wouldn't the mass of the boat animals and food be greater than the mass of the displaced water?
11-07-2014, 02:48 PM
On the dinosaur = dragons thing. That may be basically correct. No, I don't think man lived with dinosaurs but man did live with their bones. Both the Chinese and English have dragon myths, and both have fossilized dinosaur bones. It stands to reason the myths were a means to explain the bones.

The same could be true of the biblical behemoths. That could come from finding remains of long dead animals.

Religion was an early attempt at science; man looking for explanations to his observation of the world he lived in. We didn't understand natural phenomenon then so we came up with supernatural explanations.

Thunder and lightening were the anger of gods. Strange, giant bones were dragons.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
11-07-2014, 03:32 PM
(11-07-2014 02:48 PM)BnW Wrote:  On the dinosaur = dragons thing. That may be basically correct. No, I don't think man lived with dinosaurs but man did live with their bones. Both the Chinese and English have dragon myths, and both have fossilized dinosaur bones. It stands to reason the myths were a means to explain the bones.

The same could be true of the biblical behemoths. That could come from finding remains of long dead animals.

Religion was an early attempt at science; man looking for explanations to his observation of the world he lived in. We didn't understand natural phenomenon then so we came up with supernatural explanations.

Thunder and lightening were the anger of gods. Strange, giant bones were dragons.

That is a maybe right, however this may not be the case. First we are talking about dragons around the european and middle eastern areas. Also remember that you can look at an fictional animal and see some part of it in the creature. You can see the traits of a lizard in them.

To add no evidence shows middle eastern people found bones of dinosaurs. The first dinosaur bones found in the middle east known so far is a theropod.

I understand where you're coming from but so far no evidence points that middle eastern or europeans drew up myths from dinosaurs. It could be but I need evidence for it first.

Wait one more thing chinese dragons are a mix of creatures like snake, camel, eagle, carp, and tigers.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
11-07-2014, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 05:11 PM by BnW.)
It's not a slam dunk theory, I admit. But, I still think there is something to it. The Chinese traded with the middle eastern peoples very early on. The dragon influence could come from there.

As for what the Chinese dragons looked like, it's not like they had life like models to work with. They had some bones and they filled in blanks the best they could.

Maybe not, but I think it makes sense.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
11-07-2014, 05:05 PM
(11-07-2014 07:53 AM)natachan Wrote:  I got a flood question. If they packed every inch of the boat, and the boat is made of simple wood, wouldn't it be too heavy to float? Wouldn't the mass of the boat animals and food be greater than the mass of the displaced water?

The boat wouldn't even float in the first place, it's far past the practical limits for a wooden vessel.

That boat don't float

The tree of delusion is nourished by the vague promises and skewed perception of prayer. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
11-07-2014, 05:05 PM
(11-07-2014 04:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's not a slam dunk theory, I admit. But, I still think there is something to it. The Chinese traded with the middle eastern peoples very early on. The dragon influence could come from there.

As for what the Chinese dragons looked like, it's not like they had life like models to work with. They had some bones and they filled in blacks the best they could.

Maybe not, but I think it makes sense.

I am more on the side not, though I understand your point. If anything dragons should look more bipedal as like a tyrannosaurus rex than a human

11-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Well, if you look up dragons on Wikipedia, they give a number off possible influences and dinosaur bones is believed to be one of them. So are crocodiles and even whales. There is no one answer.

11-07-2014, 05:35 PM
(11-07-2014 05:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  Well, if you look up dragons on Wikipedia, they give a number off possible influences and dinosaur bones is believed to be one of them. So are crocodiles and even whales. There is no one answer.

I mean that could be true, but crocodiles share some similar looks with dinosaur. Though the maybe is possible, or even probable, but we are going to need some evidence first.