Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna
(11-07-2014 05:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 05:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  Well, if you look up dragons on Wikipedia, they give a number off possible influences and dinosaur bones is believed to be one of them. So are crocodiles and even whales. There is no one answer.

I mean that could be true, but crocodiles share some similar looks with dinosaur. Though the maybe is possible, or even probable, but we are going to need some evidence first.

That's why it is not possible to nail down exactly what was the original inspiration. It could be any or all of them or none. Unless we manage to perfect time travel and go back to find out we will never know with 100% certainty. That is why anthropological history is not an exact science.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2014, 06:13 PM
(11-07-2014 06:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 05:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I mean that could be true, but crocodiles share some similar looks with dinosaur. Though the maybe is possible, or even probable, but we are going to need some evidence first.

That's why it is not possible to nail down exactly what was the original inspiration. It could be any or all of them or none. Unless we manage to perfect time travel and go back to find out we will never know with 100% certainty. That is why anthropological history is not an exact science.

That is true. Even then, creationist claim that dragons are dinosaurs, that dinosaurs themselves breathed fire(but that is not all of them though). However we are saying that dragons may have drawn insperation from them.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
11-07-2014, 06:32 PM
(11-07-2014 06:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 06:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That's why it is not possible to nail down exactly what was the original inspiration. It could be any or all of them or none. Unless we manage to perfect time travel and go back to find out we will never know with 100% certainty. That is why anthropological history is not an exact science.

That is true. Even then, creationist claim that dragons are dinosaurs, that dinosaurs themselves breathed fire(but that is not all of them though). However we are saying that dragons may have drawn insperation from them.

We can prove that at no time did Humans and Dinosaurs interact (not counting the birds that descended from dinosaurs). That is in the fossil record and has tons of empirical evidence. Whether Dinosaurs were the original inspiration for dragons is debatable, I think they may well have had some part in it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

11-07-2014, 06:34 PM
(11-07-2014 06:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 06:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is true. Even then, creationist claim that dragons are dinosaurs, that dinosaurs themselves breathed fire(but that is not all of them though). However we are saying that dragons may have drawn insperation from them.

We can prove that at no time did Humans and Dinosaurs interact (not counting the birds that descended from dinosaurs). That is in the fossil record and has tons of empirical evidence. Whether Dinosaurs were the original inspiration for dragons is debatable, I think they may well have had some part in it.

If so what source says dinosaurs may have played in the inspiration of dragons?

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
11-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Again, if you look up dragons on Wikipedia they provide some theories, that include dinosaur bones, and include citations.

I never really researched this. I just know that places where dinosaur fossils have been found also have dragon mythology. Seemed a reasonable assumption that the fossils influenced the forming of the meme. I'm not sure I'm right but I suspect if I really researched it there is evidence to support the idea. I'd be genuinely surprised if there was not.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
11-07-2014, 06:47 PM
(11-07-2014 06:34 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 06:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We can prove that at no time did Humans and Dinosaurs interact (not counting the birds that descended from dinosaurs). That is in the fossil record and has tons of empirical evidence. Whether Dinosaurs were the original inspiration for dragons is debatable, I think they may well have had some part in it.

If so what source says dinosaurs may have played in the inspiration of dragons?

Here is where you have to speculate (and make sure you admit when you are) but many old tomes make mention of Dragon Bones being found or displayed. Now it was a credulous age however and they may have just been fakes and forgeries, but it does logically follow that if one were to find huge bones someone from that time would think Dragon or Giant or some other monster.

11-07-2014, 06:51 PM
(11-07-2014 06:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 06:34 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If so what source says dinosaurs may have played in the inspiration of dragons?

Here is where you have to speculate (and make sure you admit when you are) but many old tomes make mention of Dragon Bones being found or displayed. Now it was a credulous age however and they may have just been fakes and forgeries, but it does logically follow that if one were to find huge bones someone from that time would think Dragon or Giant or some other monster.

There are all kinds of mythical creatures for which there are no models. Dragons aren't special. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2014, 06:53 PM
(11-07-2014 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 06:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Here is where you have to speculate (and make sure you admit when you are) but many old tomes make mention of Dragon Bones being found or displayed. Now it was a credulous age however and they may have just been fakes and forgeries, but it does logically follow that if one were to find huge bones someone from that time would think Dragon or Giant or some other monster.

There are all kinds of mythical creatures for which there are no models. Dragons aren't special. Drinking Beverage

That is also true.

11-07-2014, 07:17 PM
(11-07-2014 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Dragons aren't special. Drinking Beverage

Are too.

So there.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost