Noah's flood confirmed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2014, 05:28 AM
Noah's flood confirmed
Quote:A reservoir of water three times the volume of all the oceans has been discovered deep beneath the Earth's surface. The finding could help explain where Earth's seas came from.

The water is hidden inside a blue rock called ringwoodite that lies 700 kilometres underground in the mantle, the layer of hot rock between Earth's surface and its core.

The huge size of the reservoir throws new light on the origin of Earth's water. Some geologists think water arrived in comets as they struck the planet, but the new discovery supports an alternative idea that the oceans gradually oozed out of the interior of the early Earth.
"We should be grateful for this deep reservoir," says Jacobsen. "If it wasn't there, it would be on the surface of the Earth, and mountain tops would be the only land poking out."
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25...52CKh9ti1I

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2014, 05:34 AM
RE: Noah's flood confirmed
(15-06-2014 05:28 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
Quote:A reservoir of water three times the volume of all the oceans has been discovered deep beneath the Earth's surface. The finding could help explain where Earth's seas came from.

The water is hidden inside a blue rock called ringwoodite that lies 700 kilometres underground in the mantle, the layer of hot rock between Earth's surface and its core.

The huge size of the reservoir throws new light on the origin of Earth's water. Some geologists think water arrived in comets as they struck the planet, but the new discovery supports an alternative idea that the oceans gradually oozed out of the interior of the early Earth.
"We should be grateful for this deep reservoir," says Jacobsen. "If it wasn't there, it would be on the surface of the Earth, and mountain tops would be the only land poking out."
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25...52CKh9ti1I

The title the story was given is deceptive. The "water" is actually hydroxide ions (OH-). There isn't water in the mantle. There's the potential for water; nothing more. You can search on Wikipedia regarding the stone that supposedly contains water.
Regardless, even with three times as much water as we have nowadays, it wouldn't flood mount Everest, like the Bible says it did. In addition, every theistic religion that I know of has a flood myth. Why is this only "evidence" (it's not, but let's say it is) for Noah's flood?

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 3 users Like One Above All's post
15-06-2014, 06:02 AM
(15-06-2014 05:34 AM)One Above All Wrote:  In addition, every theistic religion that I know of has a flood myth. Why is this only "evidence" (it's not, but let's say it is) for Noah's flood?

This was Shlomo's flood, not Noah's. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-06-2014, 08:24 AM
It's an interesting finding. If the "oozing" hypothesis comes to displace cometary collision it would rewrite an nice little chunk of the formation of our modern hydrosphere.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
15-06-2014, 09:21 AM
So they are using this to try to give credit to one of the most absurd stories in the bible? Yeah..... sure. ..

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
15-06-2014, 09:44 AM
(15-06-2014 05:34 AM)One Above All Wrote:  Regardless, even with three times as much water as we have nowadays, it wouldn't flood mount Everest, like the Bible says it did.

The earth was flatter back then. Facepalm

Quote:Scripture indicates that God formed the ocean basins, raising the land out of the water, so that the floodwaters returned to a safe place. (Some theologians believe Psalm (104) may refer to this event.) Some creation scientists believe this breakup of the continent was part of the mechanism that ultimately caused the Flood

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/g...ark-flood/

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
15-06-2014, 10:19 AM
(15-06-2014 09:44 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  The earth was flatter back then. Facepalm

Quote:Scripture indicates that God formed the ocean basins, raising the land out of the water, so that the floodwaters returned to a safe place. (Some theologians believe Psalm (104) may refer to this event.) Some creation scientists believe this breakup of the continent was part of the mechanism that ultimately caused the Flood

I sincerely hope you're joking.
The Bible also implies that the Earth is no more than 10,000 years old. How much smaller do you think Mount Everest was 10,000 years ago? The answer is: not enough to make a difference. Not to mention the fact that no civilization on Earth realized that they were dead. The biosphere was not irrevocably damaged - fish didn't die (salt water is not the same as fresh water, and a big enough difference will kill any and all fish) - trees didn't stop producing oxygen (ever heard of a tree surviving underwater for 150 days after not having any sunlight for 40 additional days? Me neither), the millions upon millions of species somehow all fit inside a boat that, by its description and the laws of physics, couldn't even float.
Need I go on?

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
15-06-2014, 10:42 AM
(15-06-2014 10:19 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 09:44 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  The earth was flatter back then. Facepalm

Yes, I'm joking.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
15-06-2014, 10:51 AM
(15-06-2014 10:19 AM)One Above All Wrote:  

The Bible also implies that the Earth is no more than 10,000 years old. How much smaller do you think Mount Everest was 10,000 years ago? The answer is: not enough to make a difference. Not to mention the fact that no civilization on Earth realized that they were dead. The biosphere was not irrevocably damaged - fish didn't die (salt water is not the same as fresh water, and a big enough difference will kill any and all fish) - trees didn't stop producing oxygen (ever heard of a tree surviving underwater for 150 days after not having any sunlight for 40 additional days? Me neither), the millions upon millions of species somehow all fit inside a boat that, by its description and the laws of physics, couldn't even float.
Need I go on?

To be fair the bible never gives an age of the earth, in fact the whole young earth thing is relatively new to Christianity.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-06-2014, 10:54 AM
(15-06-2014 09:44 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 05:34 AM)One Above All Wrote:  Regardless, even with three times as much water as we have nowadays, it wouldn't flood mount Everest, like the Bible says it did.

The earth was flatter back then. Facepalm

Yeah but what scientific paper says the earth was flater 6,000 years ago?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube