Noah

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 01:19 AM
RE: Noah
I love Russel Crowe. He wouldn't play in anything not credible!

That said, The Noah myth is a great story, looking forward to seeing it.

And, if I were a Christian, I'd cite it as proof just because, Russell Crowe wouldn't play in anything not credible.

My favorite part of the Noah story: when Noah's son, Ham, sees his drunken father's nakedness ( I really think Ham had sex with his father) and god curses him and all his future generations to slavery. Think of it, Russell Crowe naked. This part of the story is where too many people get the idea that Ham is black.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 01:27 AM
I went to the link.

Saw this also.

Damn, they must have had good sunblock in those days, but at least Jesus doesn't have blue eyes this time.

I chortled at the closing words: "I am coming soon".

Methunked... as opposed to coming back soon Laughat

Jesus dies

29-01-2014, 02:37 PM
(28-01-2014 08:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just came from watching the Jack Ryan movie, pretty good stuff.

But during the previews I spilled popcorn all over myself because one of the trailers is for the upcoming movie Noah starring Russel Crowe,! There he is building the ark, bringing animals in two by two and fighting off the rest of the human population that want in on the deal so they don't drown. FFS, really? You just know that they'll be citing this movie as proof that this all happened...facepalm. Weeping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ

Yep.. Will NOT go and see it. It will no doubt cause physical illness symptoms. I just hope that there is some 'accuracy' in it (forgive an old, ex-Christian pedant) - where Noah DOESN'T take the animals in 2 x 2. God tells him to take a pair of every animal on board in Gen: 6, but then ups the ante in Gen 7 by telling him to take seven pairs of clean animals and one pair of unclean animals. If I was Noah, and had just finished the ark, gathered the animals, I'd be seriously pissed at this late change. With Russell Crowe in the movie, the full range of Australian marsupials and monotremes will no doubt be seen on the ramp as well (are they clean or unclean?).
29-01-2014, 03:03 PM
(29-01-2014 01:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I went to the link.

Saw this also.

Damn, they must have had good sunblock in those days, but at least Jesus doesn't have blue eyes this time.

I chortled at the closing words: "I am coming soon".

Methunked... as opposed to coming back soon Laughat

Jesus dies

He could have just said "I'll be back!", worked for Arnold.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-01-2014, 04:00 PM
An odd thought here which probably has occurred to many of you before. If the great flood was to remove evil from the earth why did it not work.

The biblical scholars here can correct me but seems to me several times in the OT god sought to rid the world of evil but always failed. Is satan that powerful.

I know, nothing to do with a movie I will not bother to see.
29-01-2014, 04:24 PM
(29-01-2014 04:00 PM)JAH Wrote:  An odd thought here which probably has occurred to many of you before. If the great flood was to remove evil from the earth why did it not work.

The biblical scholars here can correct me but seems to me several times in the OT god sought to rid the world of evil but always failed. Is satan that powerful.

I know, nothing to do with a movie I will not bother to see.

Could say the same thing about Jesus. There's no evidence that the world is any less sinful or evil than it was before he came along. Christianity just gave people another reason to torture and kill each other.
29-01-2014, 05:53 PM
If I recall, Jesus is more of a "get out of jail free" card, rather then ridding the world of all evil.
Like, do whatever you want and as long as you believe in Jesus he'll forgive you and you'll still go to heaven.

It's a cop out so religious nut jobs don't have to abide by their own stupid rules.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-01-2014, 07:13 PM
(29-01-2014 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If I recall, Jesus is more of a "get out of jail free" card, rather then ridding the world of all evil.
Like, do whatever you want and as long as you believe in Jesus he'll forgive you and you'll still go to heaven.

It's a cop out so religious nut jobs don't have to abide by their own stupid rules.

Kinda. I think that and the Jews just kinda kept getting shit on. The jesus story "fulfilled prophecy" and suddenly made it a blessing to be persecuted, so they could have their cake and eat it too.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-01-2014, 07:16 PM
I think there's a whole slew of christ-y type movies coming out. Think Hobbitgirl mentioned it somewhere?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-01-2014, 07:27 PM
(29-01-2014 07:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think there's a whole slew of christ-y type movies coming out. Think Hobbitgirl mentioned it somewhere?

Yup. Although one was just another cheesedick fuck-around from Ken Hamm, so we can expect it to do nothing except for the southern fundies.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco