Noahs Ark vs Japan?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Noahs Ark vs Japan?
Creationist claim that Noah's Ark is true because almost every country has a flood myth. However there are many things wrong with this claim starting with

Each Flood myth is different. Now Every Flood myth has a different story. For example, the Great Flood of china is actually a parable of history.1 So how does a flood story not related to the actual Noah's flood, seeing as how it is nothing more then a parable. Also some flood myths actually have other gods and even goddesses that cleaned up a flood.

Also the fact that the flood myth specific to Noah in the abrahamic faiths is actually a copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh2

There is also the fact that each flood myth happened at different times. Each country has a flood myth that takes place in a different time and place, some global and some local.3

Last comes back to the title. JAPAN HAS NO FLOOD MYTH!! That is right, Japan has no flood. So what? Is japan immune to global floods? It seems to me that the japan is stronger then the god of the bible. Well lesson learned, the Japanese are gods. That and their gods must be real. Or.... The story is nothing but a myth itself. If it is true, we now know that the Japanese are stronger then God.

Now what would a creationist say to the Japanese not having a story? That they were lazy to write it down. But the Japanese do write down important history, and a global flood is well, important.

Also Chas I know it is fake, I am trying to show why it is fake.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_(China)

2. http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/meso.../tab11.htm

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-03-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: Noahs Ark vs Japan?
I doubth that there is a single enthropologist out there who ever listed all the "flood myths" in the world.

What about Brazilian natives? Sahara Beduin Tribes? Extinct civilisations like Carthage? Sub Sahara African Nomads? Inuit nomads? Nepalese mountain villages? Sybirian nomadic people? Mongolian sheppard tribes?

This argument has soooo many fucking holes you could drive an entire panzer army through it!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
28-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Quote:is actually a copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh

Which in itself was derived from the earlier myths of Ziusudra

Quote:The tale of Ziusudra is known from a single fragmentary tablet written in Sumerian, datable by its script to the 17th century BC (Old Babylonian Empire), and published in 1914 by Arno Poebel.[11] The first part deals with the creation of man and the animals and the founding of the first cities Eridu, Bad-tibira, Larsa, Sippar, and Shuruppak. After a missing section in the tablet, we learn that the gods have decided to send a flood to destroy mankind.

And

Atrahasis

Quote:Atra-Hasis ("exceedingly wise") is the protagonist of an 18th century BC Akkadian epic recorded in various versions on clay tablets. The Atra-Hasis tablets include both a creation myth and a flood account, which is one of three surviving Babylonian deluge stories. The name "Atra-Hasis" also appears on one of the Sumerian king lists as king of Shuruppak in the times before a flood.

Sadly, this jewish shit is a fourth hand re-hash of the same old shit which had been commonplace in the ANE for thousands of years before there were any "jews."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
28-03-2014, 08:58 PM
(28-03-2014 07:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Is japan immune to global floods? It seems to me that the japan is stronger then the god of the bible.

They have shiny rare metal robotic chariots.
Japanese: Iron defeats god. rare metals and robots are stronger than iron. Japan wins.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
28-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Myths are similar wherever you go... Stories about kings, gods, visions, noble quests and natural disasters have certain similarities wherever you go.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Japan has tsunamis.
Would they count as large flooding events?
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
29-03-2014, 12:48 AM
(29-03-2014 12:00 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Japan has tsunamis.

Nope,not global.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-03-2014, 12:48 AM
(29-03-2014 12:00 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Japan has tsunamis.

Derp.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2014, 07:50 AM
I wonder if Japan's resilience to the flood myth comes down to experience. It's hard to mythologise what you know so well.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
29-03-2014, 08:36 AM
(29-03-2014 07:50 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I wonder if Japan's resilience to the flood myth comes down to experience. It's hard to mythologise what you know so well.

Actually they say they don't have one because the Japanese gods a real and that they are superior to every body elses.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post