Noahs ark found in turkey, what is the scientific explanation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 03:57 PM by TheJackal.)
RE: Noahs ark found in turkey, what is the scientific explanation?
(13-12-2012 03:01 PM)Jonnyboy Wrote:  I read enough to understand its another creationists hoax and lie just to make people believe in their worthless god.
thanks for explaining to me, I am going to thank TheJackal because the article he sent me helped me the most

oh and sorry for any grammar problems, english isn't my native language, in fact, hebrew is. Im surrounded by jewish people hahaha

oh and TheJackal, saying im a troll? I am most certainly not a troll.

I clearly stated it's my hypothesis.. And the species of troll in which I speak of is the internet troll often found in North America, but can be found in various internet habitats around the world. Look, I even have photographic evidence:

[Image: troll.jpg]

The one above is a species that lost their ears some 105 million years ago as they adapted to mountain dwelling where echo location became acutely adapted the harmonics of their caves. And I even done some research and posted my peer review evaluation of the anatomy of this particular specimen from the swamps the Nile River.. This species is like the Parana of internet trolls as they have a specific organ for flame war generation. We call it the "Nut", or sometimes the "Nutter".. And the faster the rage pumping stations pumps, the "Nuttier" they become.. However, I don't like to see even trolls suffer or starve! So I feed them, keep them as pets, and use them as my lab specimens for further research.

[Image: trollanatomy.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheJackal's post
13-12-2012, 03:57 PM
"A team of evangelical Christian explorers claim they've found the remains of Noah's ark beneath snow and volcanic debris on Turkey's Mount Ararat."

From National Geographic news (article).

Talking about a byased methodology... hehe

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Wasnt there a movie in 70s about finding Noah's ark?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-12-2012, 05:16 PM
(13-12-2012 03:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have a YEC friend who doesn't believe this. She said, "the wood isn't old enough" according to her when things are carbon dated they're old -- Yanno like dinosaur bones, which they believed god created at the same time as everything else. She said to me, without laughing if the wood dated to 4500 years ago, roughly...it had to have been milled like days before. She said her pastor told her that it must be a hoax.

Ok for once I kinda agree i doubted then it was the ark.....

But what floored me was her reasoning for it not being it.
Hah! I love that! I'll take my blindly misinformed and never researched totally wrong idea about carbon dating to disprove scientific origin theories, but then this same blindly misinformed and never researched totally wrong idea about carbon dating also must refute proof of Noah's ark. I love it.

Tell your friend that Aseptic Skeptic gives her mad props for NOT resorting to special pleading. I mean that sincerely.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
13-12-2012, 06:06 PM
So why couldn't this be Utnapishtim's ark ?
The epic of Gilgamesh was written long before the's story of Noah.

But basically you can't find fictional story ships on the top of mountains.
It's like finding a piece of sheet metal in the dessert and claiming it's from the Death Star in Star Wars.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
13-12-2012, 06:19 PM
(13-12-2012 06:06 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So why couldn't this be Utnapishtim's ark ?
The epic of Gilgamesh was written long before the's story of Noah.

But basically you can't find fictional story ships on the top of mountains.
It's like finding a piece of sheet metal in the dessert and claiming it's from the Death Star in Star Wars.

Oh didn't North Korea find that?
13-12-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 06:49 PM by Janus.)
Wow! That Mount Ararat must have been a busy place in antiquity. Scores of separate Xtian 'expeditions', over the last one-and-a-half centuries, have found remains of an ark there. So either Noah built a whole fleet of arks that stranded there (that's plausible: how else could he have shipped pairs of ALL the species!), at 13,000 feet above sea level, OR there must have been a couple dozen saw mills up there, OR there must have been a tropical rainforest at that altitude...

(Slight problem: trees don't grow at altitudes over 7,000 feet at that latitude. Shit! Another theory out the window! Weeping ).

Sort of reminds me of the 'splinters of the Holy Cross' relics displayed and revered in hundreds of Catholic churches around the world. If they glued all those splinters together it would be more than enough to build that fleet of arks...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
13-12-2012, 06:57 PM
(13-12-2012 06:06 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  But basically you can't find fictional story ships on the top of mountains.
I wouldn't rule it out. That thing exploded. Big time. I know it was a galaxy far far away, but it was, after all, a long time ago. Who knows where all the Deathstar metal ended up? Maybe it was long enough ago for some of that metal to end up here on earth.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
13-12-2012, 08:20 PM
For a very brief moment I thought you meant Noah's ark was found in this
[Image: 225px-Male_north_american_turkey_supersaturated.jpg]

It's still nonsense either way Dodgy

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
13-12-2012, 08:21 PM
nonsense indeed, just wanted to have some more knowledge against arguments with theists.