Noahs ark found in turkey, what is the scientific explanation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 10:32 AM
RE: Noahs ark found in turkey, what is the scientific explanation?
(14-12-2012 06:20 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  My point was that finding something and then attributing it to a fictional story is the same as attributing to any other fictional story with the same background.

If I found a crystal in the forest and then claimed it was the same crystal described in ______ fill in a story name, then
I can also easily say it was the same crystal found in another story.

Finding a an old plank of wood in the mountains where people can travel to is simply an old plank of wood.
I'm sure at some point in the last 10,000 years someone traveled up there with some crates on a donkeys back exploring the mountain.
You're right -- I didn't quite address your point. I saw the phrase "epic of Gilgamesh", threw my arms in the air, and said to myself, "again???". But I get what you're saying. Nobody's out there searching for the mythical ark from this epic, and even if a boat was discovered, one legendary story is as good as another for the sake of attribution.

After all, the only reason anyone ever "discovers" Noah's ark is because they expect to find it. It's not as if anyone ever stumbles upon Unicorn lairs, and that's because no one is looking for them. Right? Right???

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 05:33 PM
(14-12-2012 10:32 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 06:20 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  My point was that finding something and then attributing it to a fictional story is the same as attributing to any other fictional story with the same background.

If I found a crystal in the forest and then claimed it was the same crystal described in ______ fill in a story name, then

Finding a an old plank of wood in the mountains where people can travel to is simply an old plank of wood.
I'm sure at some point in the last 10,000 years someone traveled up there with some crates on a donkeys back exploring the mountain.
You're right -- I didn't quite address your point. I saw the phrase "epic of Gilgamesh", threw my arms in the air, and said to myself, "again???". But I get what you're saying. Nobody's out there searching for the mythical ark from this epic, and even if a boat was discovered, one legendary story is as good as another for the sake of attribution.

After all, the only reason anyone ever "discovers" Noah's ark is because they expect to find it. It's not as if anyone ever stumbles upon Unicorn lairs, and that's because no one is looking for them. Right? Right???

Hehe, now I'm picturing a clandestine unicorn organization in a secret underground facility (aka "Lair") planning the subjugation of humanity. Eye patches, arm bands ... the works. Thanks for that.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 06:17 PM
(14-12-2012 10:32 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  

What they found was Tina's arc. She was instructed by the god to round up the microscopic creatures. You see Noah was 600 years old and had Presbyopia, (and there were no Jewish eye doctors in his neighborhood), and he forgotten about the "bugs". Tina, however was a Hebrew Microbiologist, and she said, "what, you think my bugs are evil ? Fuck you Noah, I'm going to save my bugs. What you think for I should have no job after the flood, you dumb ass. You think I am a stupid Shiksa ?" This was the origin of Tina's arc. (This tradition was from the "Shiksa" tradition, which passed down in the "gossip scroll", which normally was only read in the downstairs bathroom of synagogues, while the old guys were upstairs reading and chanting). You may have never read about Tina, but she was as important as any "patriarch". (Tina will soon have a reality TV show on Bravo, and you can meet her descendants).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-12-2012, 07:26 PM
If they found Noah's Ark inside of a turkey, it would be no more crazy than a man living inside of a whale... Er... I mean big fish. Who are we to say Noah's Ark isn't inside of a turkey? Maybe that's why we can't find it.

Justin
[+] 2 users Like Kinger's post
15-12-2012, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2012 08:55 AM by Janus.)
(14-12-2012 07:26 PM)Kinger Wrote:  If they found Noah's Ark inside of a turkey, it would be no more crazy than a man living inside of a whale... Er... I mean big fish. Who are we to say Noah's Ark isn't inside of a turkey? Maybe that's why we can't find it.

Or maybe we can't find it because it's in a parallel universe! But that begs the question: if God created the universe, then who created the parallel universe(s)? And how many of those – parallel universes and gods – are there anyway?

And how many of me...? And of Kate Upton and Katy Perry?

[Image: Katy-Perry-Pictures.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post