Nobel Peace Prize

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: Nobel Peace Prize
(18-02-2014 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Probably should have seen this one coming. Consider

The number of "undies in a bunch" and brown spots just increased exponentially in Warshington DC.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Other than the money that comes with it, would anyone really want to receive the same award as Obama and Arrafat? The Peace Prize anymore seems to be a "who's who" of miscreants.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
26-02-2014, 08:02 PM
I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that Obama has attained one.

My inner-mind-nose has always smelled something fishy about that.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
26-02-2014, 11:18 PM
(26-02-2014 08:02 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that Obama has attained one.

My inner-mind-nose has always smelled something fishy about that.

Ya think? He received it before he had even done anything of significance. But even worse than this, is Arrafat. Seriously? You give peace prizes to lifelong terrorists? Jezus, maybe that North Korean fuck should get one too.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 2 users Like toadaly's post
03-03-2014, 08:56 AM
The peace prize is just a ideology popularity contest.
05-03-2014, 03:58 AM
(18-02-2014 10:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I nominate Chippy.

Drinking Beverage

And that's before you know Putin is also nominated.

Putin among Nobel Peace nominees
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/0...R920140304

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
07-03-2014, 09:47 AM
(18-02-2014 11:42 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I hope they don't give a nobel prize to the usa.
It'll start a patriotic orgy.

With the way Snowden is demonized in the popular mass media? I doubt it. The only ones that seem to appreciate the guy are the smaller liberal and progressive outfits, like Majority Report and The Young Turks. I'm all for Edward Snowden or Malala Yousafzai winning this one. While my heart goes to Malala's personal struggle, my head goes to Snowden and the much farther geopolitical ramifications of his actions; plus he pissed off the US military industrial complex and not a bunch of inbred Muslim fundamentalists, and I know which of those two I am more afraid of (and this is as a US citizen).

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Quote:Ya think? He received it before he had even done anything of significance. But even worse than this, is Arrafat. Seriously? You give peace prizes to lifelong terrorists? Jezus, maybe that North Korean fuck should get one too.

Well remember that Arrafat had just signed a peace treaty (at great political cost) that at the time had high hopes of working. And that it was shot to pieces through no fault of him, but because the Israeli prime minister, Yitzhak Rabin, he signed it with (and who shared that peace prize) was assassinated by a Israeli who opposed that peace.

I fully agreed with the prize at the time, and still do.
[+] 2 users Like Lunda's post
26-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Arafat signed a peace treaty at no political cost and that he never intended to honor. His actions after he signed that document with Rabin more than speak for themselves. He was a murderer and he continued to be one almost to the day he died.

I was disgusted that he won that prize as the man never did anything peaceful in his life. And, here is a list of people who I suspect agree with me: Ilana Turgeman, Rachel Aputa, Yocheved Mazoz, Sarah Ben-Shim'on, Yona Sabag, Yafa Cohen, Shoshana Cohen, Michal Sitrok, Malka Amrosy, Aviva Saada, Yocheved Diyi, Yaakov Levi, Yaakov Kabla, Rina Cohen, Ilana Ne'eman, Sarah Madar, Tamar Dahan, Sarah Soper, Lili Morad, David Madar, Yehudit Madar.

I say "suspect agree with me" because we can't ask them. Arafat murdered them 40 years ago when they were children at Netiv Meir Elementary School. So, kind of tough to ask them, but I have a hunch they would agree with me on this.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-06-2014, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2014 03:30 AM by Lunda.)
Quote:Arafat signed a peace treaty at no political cost

It's the main reason Hamas rose to prominence at the expense of the PLO.

Quote:That he never intended to honor.

Since Netanyahu as much as admitted he stopped the Oslo accord in when he was unaware of being filmed in 2001 I take that is a statement with a grain of salt.

Quote:His actions after he signed that document with Rabin more than speak for themselves.

What actions? He had wagered all his political coin on the peace accords and when that fell through he had nothing left. Mostly he just sat there, soaking up the blame for what groups he had no influence over like Hamas did.

Quote:I say "suspect agree with me" because we can't ask them. Arafat murdered them 40 years ago when they were children at Netiv Meir Elementary School. So, kind of tough to ask them, but I have a hunch they would agree with me on this.

Israel certainly blamed Arafat for that particular deed, however DFLP The Rejectionist Front rejected the PLO 'freeze' on cross-border attacks in that period, and the Ma'alot massacre looks like it resulted in part from factional conflicts over policy between the PLO and DFLP, making it highly unlikely that Arafat had anything to do with that particular massacre. Other things, sure. He was no saint.

I would also like to mention that it has been claimed this massacre was in retaliation to a napalm bombardment Israel did which killed 300 refugees. Please understand I do not mention this to play the blame game, rather to show how bad the situation was and still is.

But for a glorious while, it looked like this shitstorm would calm down and end in peace. And that was when and why Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres recieved the peace prize (they shared that prize after all).