Nobody Can Get Into Heaven (if it were real)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2014, 04:37 AM
Video Nobody Can Get Into Heaven (if it were real)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXymvseE8I

When you combine the concept of sin through thought, word, and deed, with the need of a blank sin slate to get into heaven, the result is that practically nobody would be able to get in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: Nobody Can Get Into Heaven (if it were real)
Yeah, this mindset was common in the church I grew up in. I figured a quick "Jesus please forgive my sins" prayed silently after each perceived infraction would keep me in the clear.

That's not the whole problem though, the doctrine of salvation is not a clear one at all, there are many conflicting interpretations of how one can obtain salvation: Conflicting beliefs about salvation

So the Christian world view is immediately beset by their own internal conflicts, since Christians can't agree on how to be saved, they can't instruct anyone on it.

Suck it Pascal!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
22-10-2014, 10:31 AM
This is proof that everyone goes to hell.

Truth seeker.
22-10-2014, 10:35 AM
*wiggles fingers*
Graaaaaaaaace

To the most deserving, of course.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
22-10-2014, 11:20 AM
(22-10-2014 07:33 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yeah, this mindset was common in the church I grew up in. I figured a quick "Jesus please forgive my sins" prayed silently after each perceived infraction would keep me in the clear.

That's not the whole problem though, the doctrine of salvation is not a clear one at all, there are many conflicting interpretations of how one can obtain salvation: Conflicting beliefs about salvation

So the Christian world view is immediately beset by their own internal conflicts, since Christians can't agree on how to be saved, they can't instruct anyone on it.

Suck it Pascal!

Good link!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.