Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 06:20 AM
Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
I am sorry lady but this was fucking stupid.

Even without a carjacker if your vehicle takes off on you DONT try to jump back in. I had my van last year take off on me in reverse I tried to grab the steering wheel to pull myself back in, NOPE it drug me. Fortunately all I got was scrapes, but this was even more stupid. Objects can be replaced, your life cant be replaced.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2017, 06:23 AM
RE: Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
Mercedes drivers are like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
25-05-2017, 06:49 AM
I respect it!
Find all posts by this user
25-05-2017, 06:57 AM
(25-05-2017 06:49 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I respect it!

I don't. That was simply fucking stupid, period. Any sane cop will tell you that and any sane doctor will tell you that.

If you are willing to get out of the way of a tornado or hurricane, or fire, then why would this be different. She's not a cop she isn't even a Hollywood stunt person.

I'd wonder what her family would have said if she had gotten killed? No she would not have deserved it, but again, even with armed robbery, trying to resist is more likely to get you injured or killed.

No object is worth my life. And again, I can speak to this because I tried to jump back in my van when it took off on me in reverse, it was stupid and I was lucky I didn't get run over.

I would have let them have it, called the police let them catch them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-05-2017, 08:25 AM
(25-05-2017 06:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

I don't. That was simply fucking stupid, period. Any sane cop will tell you that and any sane doctor will tell you that.

If you are willing to get out of the way of a tornado or hurricane, or fire, then why would this be different. She's not a cop she isn't even a Hollywood stunt person.

I'd wonder what her family would have said if she had gotten killed? No she would not have deserved it, but again, even with armed robbery, trying to resist is more likely to get you injured or killed.

No object is worth my life. And again, I can speak to this because I tried to jump back in my van when it took off on me in reverse, it was stupid and I was lucky I didn't get run over.

One thing I've noticed about people who drive cars like Mercedes, they let their possessions define them in many cases. So, in essence, the 'jacker was stealing a piece of her. Sad that this kind of thought exists.
25-05-2017, 09:02 AM
People do stupid shit all the time in situation of stress. I think you are seeing a bit to far into it. It certainly was stupid, dangerous and useless, but I seriously doubt that this women doesn't agree with that statement.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
25-05-2017, 09:14 AM
(25-05-2017 06:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

Now, this is one of those things where I don't know what I would do. It's not like when you are going to fill up your tank you expect to be car-jacked. It's just not one of those things you think about. Even after the guy jumps in the car, there is still a part of her that thinks he is just mistaken. I can see how her actions can actually be explained.

Of course, with the benefit of hindsight, what she did seems crazy.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
25-05-2017, 09:20 AM
(25-05-2017 09:02 AM)epronovost Wrote:  People do stupid shit all the time in situation of stress. I think you are seeing a bit to far into it. It certainly was stupid, dangerous and useless, but I seriously doubt that this women doesn't agree with that statement.

Were you addressing me?
25-05-2017, 09:22 AM
(25-05-2017 08:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 06:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I don't. That was simply fucking stupid, period. Any sane cop will tell you that and any sane doctor will tell you that.

One thing I've noticed about people who drive cars like Mercedes, they let their possessions define them in many cases. So, in essence, the 'jacker was stealing a piece of her. Sad that this kind of thought exists.

Her car is a Subaru

More generally, I respect her bravery. She's no coward, but that was a pretty stupid move. Just let them take the fucking car (assuming she didn't have any kids in the car or anything) and call the police. Not worth losing your life over a fucking car because of some asshole

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
25-05-2017, 09:46 AM
I don't quite get what's going on. Why is she driving the black car and then jumps into the white car? Is she trying to steal the white car? Um, she already has a car. Is she trying to get away from the police and going from one car to another? I take it that the white car belongs to the lady that hops onto the hood. What kind of craziness is this?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.