Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
No, a dude jumps out of the black car and tries to steal her (white) car. She jumps on the hood of her car to stop him.

I can see her trying to save the Subaru... you don't know her other circumstances. Maybe losing that car means losing her job, and thus her house, support of her kids, etc., while she waits for the insurance company to replace it or to offer her half its value to replace a good car with a used, unreliable one. Maybe risking her life to preserve the thing she needs in order to maintain her current life was worth it to her.

Maybe she had been previously robbed, and it was worth potentially losing her life to stand up and say "never again!"

I don't consider her stupid at all unless there was nothing at stake.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2017, 10:15 AM
(25-05-2017 09:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 08:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  One thing I've noticed about people who drive cars like Mercedes, they let their possessions define them in many cases. So, in essence, the 'jacker was stealing a piece of her. Sad that this kind of thought exists.

Her car is a Subaru

More generally, I respect her bravery. She's no coward, but that was a pretty stupid move. Just let them take the fucking car (assuming she didn't have any kids in the car or anything) and call the police. Not worth losing your life over a fucking car because of some asshole

I didn't even think of that! What if there were kids in the car? That would be terrifying!
25-05-2017, 10:19 AM
(25-05-2017 10:15 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 09:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Her car is a Subaru

More generally, I respect her bravery. She's no coward, but that was a pretty stupid move. Just let them take the fucking car (assuming she didn't have any kids in the car or anything) and call the police. Not worth losing your life over a fucking car because of some asshole

I didn't even think of that! What if there were kids in the car? That would be terrifying!

That was one of my first thoughts. Don't get between a parent and their child.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
25-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
I would have been all over that car getting it back.
25-05-2017, 10:24 AM
(25-05-2017 10:11 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  No, a dude jumps out of the black car and tries to steal her (white) car. She jumps on the hood of her car to stop him.

I can see her trying to save the Subaru... you don't know her other circumstances. Maybe losing that car means losing her job, and thus her house, support of her kids, etc., while she waits for the insurance company to replace it or to offer her half its value to replace a good car with a used, unreliable one. Maybe risking her life to preserve the thing she needs in order to maintain her current life was worth it to her.

Maybe she had been previously robbed, and it was worth potentially losing her life to stand up and say "never again!"

I don't consider her stupid at all unless there was nothing at stake.

You lose your life you cant get another job. You lose your life you cant see your kids again.

Now, the only valid argument would be if there had been a kid in the car. But if there was not, then no, there would be no good reason to protect AN OBJECT!

If you are so stupid you like playing hero I feel sorry for you, people like you would needlessly get yourself killed. If you like risking your life become a cop or firefighter or join the military.

A CAR IS AN OBJECT, NOT A LIVING THING. Objects can be replaced. That lady got lucky, but that doesn't make what she did wise.

I certainly hope you never get confronted like that, I could see you getting yourself killed. Her outcome was sheer luck, other people who confront criminals like that are not so lucky.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Jesus Christ, can you *be* any fuller of yourself, your opinion about a situation you know *squat* about and your judgements of others Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
25-05-2017, 10:32 AM
(25-05-2017 09:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 08:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  One thing I've noticed about people who drive cars like Mercedes, they let their possessions define them in many cases. So, in essence, the 'jacker was stealing a piece of her. Sad that this kind of thought exists.

Her car is a Subaru

It is possible to let your adrenaline get to you in the moment. That is not bravery. Thinking in a stressful situation counts just as much. I swear America has too much of a diet of super hero worship.

Reality is far more mundane and lucky outcomes like this are not the norm. It still remains when someone wants something of yours and they want it, not you, and any cop will tell you not to resist and give them what they want. That is the better odds. Confrontation is far more likely to get you injured or killed.

She got lucky, nothing more.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Thread Moved

Stupid individuals doing stupid stuff is hardly world news -- Only when governments do it. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-05-2017, 10:42 AM
(25-05-2017 10:24 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I certainly hope you never get confronted like that

You... you're kidding, right?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-05-2017, 10:54 AM
(25-05-2017 10:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 10:24 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I certainly hope you never get confronted like that

You... you're kidding, right?

No I am not kidding. I think humans get stupid and react without thinking and base it stupidly on their good intent, and reality really doesn't give one shit about your good intent.

Now here is a NEWS LINK and even SHE ADMITS what she did was DANGEROUS and she probably shouldn't have done it. And also, no mention of any child in the car so even more reason that it was STUPID.

http://kxan.com/2017/05/25/watch-woman-j..._KXAN_News