Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2017 11:10 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
Did you forget to whom you are speaking? Laugh out load

Edit: No, you know what, I'm going to address it more directly.

1) You don't know a fucking thing about the degree of skill I have or the casual way I'm accustomed to risking my life, at least according to the measure of the average, terrified person out there. I formerly raced motorcycles, flew stunt planes, rock climbed sans harness/ropes, and did a number of other activities that others thought were pointless and insane. (That's not even counting the daily life of facing down "dangerous criminals" in the prison system for nearly a decade.) I don't care, because I decide the value of my own life, and the danger of the activities in which I choose to engage, based on my own assessment of the value of doing that thing versus the degree of danger involved, not you, and not anyone else.

2) In many cases, the automobile is all that person has, and the assessment they may make at the time is that they consider the slim chance that the carjackers may be armed murderers to be less important than the damage that will be done to life/career/wellbeing if they permit the person to just drive away with the vehicle upon which they depend for their entire livelihood and future. In the bright light of hindsight, it may be that she was rash in her judgment and decision to act, but with only a split second to make that risk assessment, it makes you a douchebag to go back and Monday Morning Quarterback it-- even more so because you insulted both her intelligence and my own for deciding to risk it in that situation.

3) Fuck you, you arrogant prick, for assuming that all actions should be taken with the idea that any type of criminal is going to be the most dangerous type of human being imaginable, for thinking that you have a right to determine who is and is not "stupid" for assessing their degree of risk aversion to be somewhere above "total pussy", and for thinking that you get to talk to anyone with a different opinion from you like they're a mentally disabled child in need of your wisdom.

Now piss off.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-05-2017, 11:03 AM
(25-05-2017 10:57 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Did you forget to whom you are speaking? Laugh out load

Don't distract him, Dr. Rocket, he might fall off his high horse and break something.

Which is exactly why I'm not going to bother with mentioning the fight or flight response and what it does to our ability to think logically ("By its very nature, the fight or flight system bypasses our rational mind—where our more well thought out beliefs exist—and moves us into "attack" mode.")

Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
25-05-2017, 11:14 AM
(25-05-2017 10:57 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Did you forget to whom you are speaking? Laugh out load

1) You don't know a fuck about the degree of skill I have or the casual way I'm accustomed to risking my life, at least according to the measure of the average, terrified person out there. I formerly raced motorcycles, flew stunt planes, rock climbed sans harness/ropes, and did a number of other activities that others thought were pointless and insane. (That's not even counting the daily life of facing down "dangerous criminals" in the prison system for nearly a decade.) I don't care, because I decide the value of my own life, and the danger of the activities in which I choose to engage, based on my own assessment of the value of doing that thing versus the degree of danger involved, not you, and not anyone else.

2) In many cases, the automobile is all that person has, and the assessment they may make at the time is that they consider the slim chance that the carjackers may be armed murderers to be less important than the damage that will be done to life/career/wellbeing if they permit the person to just drive away with the vehicle upon which they depend for their entire livelihood and future. In the bright light of hindsight, it may be that she was rash in her judgment and decision to act, but with only a split second to make that risk assessment, it makes you a douchebag to go back and Monday Morning Quarterback it-- even more so because you insulted both her intelligence and my own for deciding to risk it in that situation.

3) Fuck you, you arrogant prick, for assuming that all actions should be taken with the idea that any type of criminal is going to be the most dangerous type of human being imaginable, for thinking that you have a right to determine who is and is not "stupid" for assessing their degree of risk aversion to be somewhere above "total pussy", and for thinking that you get to talk to anyone with a different opinion from you like they're a mentally disabled child in need of your wisdom.

Now piss off.

Your life experiences are NOT the issue, your attitude is. You do know even people WHO have JOBS and are trained, such as firemen and cops and military get injured too.

The bullshit delusion "The good guy always wins" is just that. If you go into a conflict assuming that is when you are more likely to get yourself hurt.

I am 50 years old buddy, seen enough talk from people who talk good talk. Talk isn't reality. You have it in your brain that all conflicts will result in a win and that is not reality.

You want to play Dirty Harry in your brain you can, but in the real word it still remains when you confront someone the risk of injury and or death goes up.

Testosterone does not impress me one fucking bit. Thinking your way out of a situation with the least resistance takes calm and brains and training, those who do that are far more likely to escape injury.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2017, 11:19 AM
(25-05-2017 11:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  

Don't distract him, Dr. Rocket, he might fall off his high horse and break something.

Which is exactly why I'm not going to bother with mentioning the fight or flight response and what it does to our ability to think logically ("By its very nature, the fight or flight system bypasses our rational mind—where our more well thought out beliefs exist—and moves us into "attack" mode.")

Facepalm

Did ANYONE click on the NEWS LINK, even SHE said what she did was dangerous and said she probably should not have done it. She got lucky.

Here it is again.

http://kxan.com/2017/05/25/watch-woman-j..._KXAN_News

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-05-2017, 11:25 AM
(25-05-2017 11:14 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Your life experiences are NOT the issue, your attitude is.

He says a few days after getting back from being temp banned for acting like a stun cunt. Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
25-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Are you fucking STUPID on top of everything else! The fight and flight response takes place at the FUCKING MOMENT OF THE ACCIDENT, not afterwards, when the danger has gone.

For fuck's sake!

[Image: funny-pictures-man-falling-off-horse-animated-gif.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
25-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..

1) You don't know a fucking thing about the degree of skill I have or the casual way I'm accustomed to risking my life, at least according to the measure of the average, terrified person out there. I formerly raced motorcycles, flew stunt planes, rock climbed sans harness/ropes, and did a number of other activities that others thought were pointless and insane. (That's not even counting the daily life of facing down "dangerous criminals" in the prison system for nearly a decade.) I don't care, because I decide the value of my own life, and the danger of the activities in which I choose to engage, based on my own assessment of the value of doing that thing versus the degree of danger involved, not you, and not anyone else.

Now piss off.

Kudos brother! I like you more everyday.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
25-05-2017, 11:40 AM
(25-05-2017 11:25 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 11:14 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Your life experiences are NOT the issue, your attitude is.

He says a few days after getting back from being temp banned for acting like a stun cunt. Drinking Beverage

Not agreeing with what she did does not make me evil.

Now, it isn't just one person but seeing time after time news story after news story and even in my own personal life, hearing people talk about what they would do in any given situation and have it end up completely opposite of what they expected.

Now again, even she ADMITTED it wasn't the wisest thing to do.

I do think far too much of American society has been sold quick satisfaction marketing and utopia hero worship. Reality is that humans are fragile, not just tough, but fragile as well, and we far too often forget that.

There certainly IS a time and place to risk your life but not in this situation. Objects can be replaced, your life cannot be replaced. If you are willing to get out of the way of a tornado, or hurricane, and let your house get destroyed, then I don't see how safety by backing off in this situation hurts you.

I would seriously suggest you look at your loved ones your own family and ask yourself how they would feel if you ended up in the hospital or dead. There is no shame in giving up an object, even if it is taken from you through no fault of your own.

Fight vs flight is part of evolution yes, but it isn't fight only. Conflict most of the time leads to higher risk of injury.

25-05-2017, 12:19 PM
(25-05-2017 06:20 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am sorry lady but this was fucking stupid.

Even without a carjacker if your vehicle takes off on you DONT try to jump back in. I had my van last year take off on me in reverse I tried to grab the steering wheel to pull myself back in, NOPE it drug me. Fortunately all I got was scrapes, but this was even more stupid. Objects can be replaced, your life cant be replaced.

I mean.... I MIGHT try to break the window drag their ass out of the car and beat them to death for trying that stunt, life or death isn't that important as long as you're not just throwing it away over some stupid stunt. Then again I'm not stupid enough to leave my car unlocked like that. But jumping on the hood of a car? That's just stupid. She's real lucky he didn't just take off flying and let her fall off somewhere along the way. She would likely have ended up dead.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
25-05-2017, 01:21 PM
In Australia, it's a breach of the road traffic regulations for a driver to move more than 3m (10 ft) from any unlocked and/or running vehicle, so assuming she was still to pay for the gas it meant she'd potentially negate the theft clause in her vehicle insurance policy were she downunder—particularly if her car had been successfully stolen, and she tendered this video as evidential proof.

Personally, I always take the keys/remote with me even if I'm just refuelling, so I guess I'll never be in this stupid woman's position.

—As an aside, downunder we describe a motor vehicle as running on gas or petrol, or often both, if retrofitted. How do Americans describe this scenario?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.