Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2017 02:02 PM by KUSA.)
(25-05-2017 01:21 PM)SYZ Wrote:  In Australia, it's a breach of the road traffic regulations for a driver to move more than 3m (10 ft) from any unlocked and/or running vehicle, so assuming she was still to pay for the gas it meant she'd potentially negate the theft clause in her vehicle insurance policy were she downunder—particularly if her car had been successfully stolen, and she tendered this video as evidential proof.
Y'all don't pay at the pump? I never go inside to pay for my gasoline / ethanol blend. Fortunately my tank is on the driver's side so I would have face planted that ass hat before he got in my car.

Quote:Personally, I always take the keys/remote with me even if I'm just refuelling, so I guess I'll never be in this stupid woman's position.
If I'm going to walk away from the car I do as well.

Quote:—As an aside, downunder we describe a motor vehicle as running on gas or petrol, or often both, if retrofitted. How do Americans describe this scenario?

I thought you called them a fried out combie.

Who would want to steel that piece of garbage anyway?

[Image: cb093a1b04d8cfe51e5b851e2ba5f886.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
25-05-2017, 03:51 PM
RE: Nobody likes their car stolen, but NO JUST NO..
The Land Down Under will forever be defined by that song! Laugh out load

200 years from now, Men At Work may be the Australian national anthem. Hehehe

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-05-2017, 04:19 PM
(25-05-2017 06:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 06:49 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I respect it!

I don't. That was simply fucking stupid, period. Any sane cop will tell you that and any sane doctor will tell you that.

If you are willing to get out of the way of a tornado or hurricane, or fire, then why would this be different. She's not a cop she isn't even a Hollywood stunt person.

I'd wonder what her family would have said if she had gotten killed? No she would not have deserved it, but again, even with armed robbery, trying to resist is more likely to get you injured or killed.

No object is worth my life. And again, I can speak to this because I tried to jump back in my van when it took off on me in reverse, it was stupid and I was lucky I didn't get run over.

I would have let them have it, called the police let them catch them.

Heh.

In my late teens I was helping mom unload groceries from her car, parked on a steep driveway. She didn't set the brake right, and as I took out the last bag I noticed the car start to roll back, ever so slowly. Some evil part of my brain said, 'you can stop it!', and I dropped the bag and jumped behind the car, apparently intending to catch it.

My younger brother, thinking much more clearly than I, grabbed me by the belt and hauled me back, chucked a brick under a wheel, and proceeded to excoriate me for being a dumbass. And rightly so. Blush

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
25-05-2017, 04:38 PM
You keep bricks laying around? Sounds like a trip hazard.
25-05-2017, 04:44 PM
(25-05-2017 04:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  You keep bricks laying around? Sounds like a trip hazard.

Think "ornamental flower beds, with borders". Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
26-05-2017, 03:36 AM
She actually said in an interview that she was thinking whether to go for her purse or her car. Then she remembered the price tag on her car.
http://abc6onyourside.com/news/offbeat/w...-car-theft
(i actually heard the interview where she said that but i cannot find that clip anymore)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
31-05-2017, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 08:42 AM by treefireguy.)
Some people are more prone to actions like that, confronting danger even at bodily risk, others are more prone to run away. You never really know until you are faced with it.
Over the course of my career, I worked many years as a fireman, paramedic, state policeman, wildland firefighter and Army Paratrooper. Jumping out of planes, rappelling out of helicopters, high speed pursuits, being shot at, running into burning buildings, stuff like that. So ya fighting back against a stupid punk ass that wants to steal my shit, not a problem. To each his own. You do your thing. I'll do mine. But I will not be a victim. One more thing. To say that "Life experience is not the issue but attitude is".. way off base. Training and experience is what you rely on when the shit hits the fan. When really bad things go down I want to be standing next to people that run towards the danger. Not away. I've spent my entire life around these types of people. And it isn't testosterone. It's a calm in the storm. Uncontrolled testosterone can make you do stupid shit. Training and experience trump it every time. But hey, I'm Viking.
31-05-2017, 06:37 AM
(31-05-2017 06:31 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  Some people are more prone to actions like that, confronting danger even at bodily risk, others are more prone to run away. You never really know until you are faced with it.

Very much this. One thing the can't test for in boot camp, the noobs have to find out under fire.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user