Noisy Neighbours and soundproofing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: Noisy Neighbours and soundproofing
(27-03-2014 09:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You know you've been spending too much time in the Sexy Banter thread when you think that the title of this thread was referring to an entirely different kind of noise. Shy

No, that's just a sign of an already dirty mind. Hanging out in the SBT is just a symptom of it. Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
27-03-2014, 09:14 AM
(27-03-2014 08:52 AM)Eva Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 08:46 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I don't know zip about sound proofing. But I wish you luck. Luck, ear plugs and sleeping pills............yeah that's it. Those things I wish for you.

HeartThumbsupHeart

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I already sleep with headphones and a white noise app, as does my daughter, but I often hear their TV over mine. If it's not that then it's their bloody kid screaming like a banshee because he's not getting his way and he know he does when he screams...so...he screams a lot. It sets my nerves on edge because even when it goes quiet I'm just waiting for the next batch of noise. AngryAngry

I'm grateful we're a bit remote here in the Poconos. Cause our poor neighbors might knock on OUR door with a huge WTF! On a scale of 1-10 my husband blares the TV at a 12.......
*sigh*. I have one ear that doesn't work (parts removed) and one that's fine. When he watches TV I put one little ear plug into the ear that works. Don't want to lose what bit of hearing I actually DO have.

neighbors? Holy crap when it turns summer here and people return to their summer cabins and the windows are all open.........
jesus...... I can't bear to think how that's gonna go down.

Hobo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
27-03-2014, 09:49 AM
(27-03-2014 08:52 AM)Eva Wrote:  If it's not that then it's their bloody kid screaming like a banshee because he's not getting his way and he know he does when he screams...so...he screams a lot. It sets my nerves on edge because even when it goes quiet I'm just waiting for the next batch of noise. AngryAngry

think of it as your daily reminder to use birth control. Wink

age 3 is the WORST. I bet the Mom is wishing she could escape to your house, LOL.

noisy neighbors suck, I hope you can get something figured out. But I would go to the owner of that property because the building was changed, and that change brought about these problems.....there has to be some recourse there....I don't know what. It just doesn't seem right that they can change the building and make your living condition worse and you have no say in it. Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
27-03-2014, 12:55 PM
(27-03-2014 09:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You know you've been spending too much time in the Sexy Banter thread when you think that the title of this thread was referring to an entirely different kind of noise. Shy

Oh we've heard their squeaky bed antics but they are thankfully quite dull sounding and only last a few minutes.

They've been warned by the authorities noise department and have lowered their noise somewhat. But we fell out over this when I tried to talk to then about it and the hubby shouted in my face that "this is how it is now so I better get f**king use to it". So I can't imagine them spending any money to change anything.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
25-10-2016, 08:56 PM
There is one affordable option I can suggest. The main advantage of these acoustic blankets is that you can quickly assemble as well as disassemble the whole thing at any time. They're of industrial grade quality, and are usually used around construction sites, so they should block or at least muffle pretty much any sound. Except for gunshots and explosions.