Nolan's Interstellar

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
22-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Nolan's Interstellar
Who else is waiting for this movie? Big Grin Honestly it was love at first sight (of the trailer). I can't wait for it to come out in theaters.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Nolan's Interstellar
(22-10-2014 05:14 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Who else is waiting for this movie? Big Grin Honestly it was love at first sight (of the trailer). I can't wait for it to come out in theaters.

I'm really amped for this one... But I've hated Matthew Mcconaughey since some Hollywood assholes ruined Contact. Its probably not Mcconaugheys fault at all, but I hated how they tried to make him seem like a pretty cool guy, when the book was completely different. But that entire movie was fucked. They sent one person instead of a crew. They made it a vague farce on the religious skepticism front, while Sagan's novel was absolutely fantastic. Sagan disliked the early script, and died before the movie was completed.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
22-10-2014, 06:15 PM
I ignored it completely until erx made me watch the trailer one day. Now despite the main actor I am super pumped to watch this movie. I need to see it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2014, 01:55 AM
WeAreTheCosmos, was the movie good in the end? From what you say I gather it was not on the novel's level but was it good despite that problem? Also lucradis doesn't really like him lol Is that for the same reason?

I did not pay attention to the main actor, maybe because he's not really on my radar. Despite that, the movie seems promising, and I never disliked a Nolan movie until now.

I also have to admit that every time I watch the trailer, the first time on the theater and other times on my computer, it always moves me.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
23-10-2014, 06:26 AM
(23-10-2014 01:55 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  WeAreTheCosmos, was the movie good in the end? From what you say I gather it was not on the novel's level but was it good despite that problem? Also lucradis doesn't really like him lol Is that for the same reason?

I did not pay attention to the main actor, maybe because he's not really on my radar. Despite that, the movie seems promising, and I never disliked a Nolan movie until now.

I also have to admit that every time I watch the trailer, the first time on the theater and other times on my computer, it always moves me.

I actually enjoyed Contact a lot... And then I read the book and was like "how the hell can they even open the movie with 'for Carl', when they've basically butchered his work?" Its like cutting up an artists work and throwing it as confetti in his name... Fun? I guess. Pretty? Sure. Respectful? Hell no!
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-10-2014, 06:28 AM
I can't wait for it to come out!

The trailer seems to be exactly as I'd want and expect a movie of that theme to be like.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
23-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Hollywood finds a way to ruin everything. That being said, Interstellar had Kip Thorne advising Nolan on the science aspects... So at least we won't end up with physical impossibilities like the fusion "bomb" in The Dark Knight Rises. As soon as they revealed it, I was like "I really wish I didn't understand why that is impossible."
23-10-2014, 06:53 AM
(23-10-2014 06:36 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Hollywood finds a way to ruin everything. That being said, Interstellar had Kip Thorne advising Nolan on the science aspects... So at least we won't end up with physical impossibilities like the fusion "bomb" in The Dark Knight Rises. As soon as they revealed it, I was like "I really wish I didn't understand why that is impossible."

Well, I can never expect too much from Hollywood Tongue

But given the style of the movies of the same theme, I find very promising. Let's hope it won't be that eye-blindingly unscientific. No matter who is behind advising directors, there's no movie without even a small scientific goof in it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
23-10-2014, 07:38 AM
What I like from this movie is the non-standard take on it.

Repeatedly we see movies about "Earth disasters" with endings where we save the day, some scientist saves the day, we get saved by aliens, etc.

I think it's more realistic (in a general sense, probably not now) instead to think that when/if the Earth becomes uninhabitable or not enough to sustain life, we leave it. I don't know, I have that impression.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
23-10-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm really looking forward to this movie, sometimes my understanding of physics and space travel can get in the way of enjoying a movie, but I can suspend my objections enough to just enjoy it.

Looking at the trailer, there is simply no rationale for going to another star system, it would be far more economical to build habitats underground, in orbit, on the moon or Mars to give humanity a place to inhabit.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition