• 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: Non Biological Conciousness
My favorite AI is EDI from the Mass Effect series. Tongue

[Image: 20120312_174217113.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 11:49 PM by Adenosis.)
(10-02-2013 02:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  Well, except for trainable paramecia, psi experiences, NDE's and the nonlocality of quantum mechanics, aside from all that irrefutable evidence for non-neurologic consciousness, yeah--then there's no evidence.

Oh, and the complete lunacy that neurons could allow the mind to function as it does--aside from that, there's no evidence.
You mean things we know to be pseudo nonsense? sure. Also NDE's are explainable without the use of souls or after life. If this was the transition from this life to an after life, you would expect everyone that died and was brought back to have had one, this doesn't appear to be the case.

How cute, trying to use science to support your completely unscientific claim.

On topic. Could we create a mechanical brain, have robots with consciousness? I am optomistic when it comes to technological advances. I do not see any reason to believe this is not possible, granted it would be extremely advanced and if possible, won't show up for quite some time. I imagine everyone having robot companions that have a quantum computer for a brain, much like in iRobot. When is the plausible? My guess is around three hundred years from now, I think even that is quite modest

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
11-02-2013, 11:46 PM
(11-02-2013 11:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My favorite AI is EDI from the Mass Effect series. Tongue

Admit it, you just like the body.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
12-02-2013, 12:05 AM
(11-02-2013 11:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 11:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My favorite AI is EDI from the Mass Effect series. Tongue

Admit it, you just like the body.

Nope, that body is just interesting window dressing. The reason I love EDI is her personality and dialogue. Across the series she goes from over glorified military computer to a person, with feelings, desires, and emotions. Watching her transformation in ME3, once she acquired her body and attempted self modification of her AI functions, was my favorite NPC character arc in the whole series. I was happy to see Ashley, Kaiden, and Liara finally come back in addition to series mainstays like Tali and Garrus; but EDI was the one true standout for me in ME3.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
12-02-2013, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 12:13 AM by Free Thought.)
(12-02-2013 12:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 11:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Admit it, you just like the body.

Nope, that body is just interesting window dressing. The reason I love EDI is her personality and dialogue. Across the series she goes from over glorified military computer to a person, with feelings, desires, and emotions. Watching her transformation in ME3, once she acquired her body and attempted self modification of her AI functions, was my favorite NPC character arc in the whole series. I was happy to see Ashley, Kaiden, and Liara finally come back in addition to series mainstays like Tali and Garrus; but EDI was the one true standout for me in ME3.

Well, we have reached an impasse. I was never all that partial to EDI myself. Felt bland to me pretty much all the way though... and those questions in 3.. *sigh*

And all that body fanboyism... yeuch.

*But lets' not get too far off topic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.