Non-Christian Interview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Non-Christian Interview
(16-12-2013 06:02 PM)Inquisitive Minds Wrote:  Taquiyah,
I think that your post about me was rather rude. Nobody said you had to debate me; it was completely voluntary, and if you think that I'm a bad debater it's probably because I have not had any practice. I'm sorry if it disgusts you, but I can't help it anymore than I can being bad at basketball until I practice. That's what I'm here for. To practice and get better. One of atheists' favorite criticisms of Christianity is that we're judgemental, but not all of us are like that. I've tried to be nothing but sincere, inquisitive, and nice, but you've met me with considerable mockery and judgement that I don't think my advances have merited. Also what would have satisfied you in our interview? As one of you pointed out, even if I could answer every question that you had about Christianity, would you have become a Christian? Would it have satisfied you if I destroyed you in the debate? What exactly should I have done to escape your scathing remarks? It may relieve you to hear that I will no longer be engaging your responses. I don't need angry heckling.
Robbypants-- yes I'm sorry. It's midterm week and it's been pretty stressful. I will get back to you as soon as I can

I'd be willing to answer questions, also.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2013, 10:06 AM
(17-12-2013 07:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  If you are interested in some slightly more civil discussion, I'll be available for the next three days to answer and questions, and I'm sure many others would be less hostile than Taq... funnily enough, he has the religious trolls matched for arrogant dickery.
I get the feeling that his black, shrivelled heart is in the right place though.

If he finds out that InquisitiveMinds is sincere in her intent to learn and discuss, he shriveled heart will grow three sizes that day.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-12-2013, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 12:44 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(16-12-2013 06:02 PM)Inquisitive Minds Wrote:  Taquiyah,
I think that your post about me was rather rude.

Actually, I think it's rather rude to come to people claiming you have been assigned to interview them and ask them questions, and then turn around and start using hard-sell apologetard tactics on them, which is precisely what you tried to pull with me.

Quote: Nobody said you had to debate me; it was completely voluntary, and if you think that I'm a bad debater it's probably because I have not had any practice.

No, YOU said you wanted to interview us. YOU sent me the PM. I didn't PM you first. And then YOU attempted to debate me with your hard-sell snake-oil pitch. You aren't even a debater. A competent debater will AVOID doing just about everything you tried to pull on me.

Quote: I'm sorry if it disgusts you, but I can't help it anymore than I can being bad at basketball until I practice.

What disgusts me is that you tried to use disingenuous semantic prestidigitation on me. And the fact that you are supposedly in a class learning to use said disingenuous tactics on people, and calling it "learning logic and reasoning". AND that you are coming here and trying to practice your chops on us, and especially on me.

Quote:That's what I'm here for. To practice and get better.

To practice and get better at snake oil salesmanship. And what you GOT is a reality check. You are "learning" how to behave as a pathological liar does. And how to bullshit people into buying into your superstitious fairy stories. The tactics you are being taught to use are clearly disingenuous and dishonest. You are being taught to be a "better" pathological liar and snake oil salesman. I cannot make this point any clearer. Deal with it.

Quote: One of atheists' favorite criticisms of Christianity is that we're judgemental, but not all of us are like that.

Irrelevant red-herring strawman much?

Quote:I've tried to be nothing but sincere,...

That is a LIE. You came in here claiming you had been assigned to INTERVIEW NON-BELIEVERS. That's all well and good, and many people here responded politely -- including me. But when you took off your sheep's clothing and started panderytizing at me, the gloves come off. You lied. You now admit that are here to practice your chops on us. Not to "interview" us.

Quote: inquisitive, and nice,

I don't consider saying you are here to interview us and turning around and panderytizing "nice". Nor are you inquisitive at all. "Inquisitive" implies that you are open to what we have to say. Arguing your trite and long-debunked sales pitches at us isn't being "inquisitive" You lied again.

Quote: but you've met me with considerable mockery and judgement that I don't think my advances have merited.

Funny that you call them "advances". You know precisely what you were trying to do. And you know that you were being dishonest and deceitful when you came in here claiming you had been "assigned" to "interview" us. You lied about your very reason for being here. That warrants my mockery and judgement.

Quote:Also what would have satisfied you in our interview?

First of all, it wasn't an interview. It was you asking loaded questions in an attempt to get an inroad to proselytizing at us.

Second, had you asked ingenuous questions and EVEN READ WHAT I WROTE, and geared any follow-up QUESTIONS (NOT the proselytizing arguments you returned), toward WHAT I ACTUALLY WROTE, THAT would have satisfied me.

Look at my responses in this thread to your PMs. You CAN'T claim that you responded to what I actually said. Quit pretending like you are all innocent and I am being this angry meanie who went off on you for no reason. I am calling you out FOR CAUSE. If you can't muster enough intellectual honesty to figure that out, then you belong right where you are, in an xtard school apologetics class, learning how to lie to sell your snake-oil bullshit. Because you won't amount to anything better in life than the bullshit artist they are teaching you to be.

Quote: As one of you pointed out, even if I could answer every question that you had about Christianity, would you have become a Christian?

The only question I have about xtianity is WHERE IS YOUR CONVINCING EVIDENCE THAT YOUR DEITY EXISTS. Answer that one and I am open to it. But the one who is being intellectually dishonest here is YOU. Would you give up your beliefs in superstitious fairytales if you were shown the absurdity of your reliance on a phalanx of fallacies?

Quote: Would it have satisfied you if I destroyed you in the debate?

Oh, look -- now the truth comes out and you finally admit outright that your intent was to debate all along.

You can't "destroy" me in a theological debate. And yes, you TRIED to debate me, and you got your head handed to you, just like any other apologetics-mongering snake-oil salesman. And how funny that you cry about it.

Why don't you just address the objections I raised to your advances at me. Instead of making a big show of what a meanie you think I am for destroying your assertions when you tried to turn your "interview" into a debate and a snake-oil sales pitch.

Quote: What exactly should I have done to escape your scathing remarks?

Grow some intellectual honesty. You didn't even read what I wrote. Your follow-up "questions" made that quite clear. And now you are bleating in the forum about what a black heart I have for calling you on your disingenuous tactics. Did they teach you to do THAT in your apologetics class, too? Look up "RED HERRING" and "AD HOMINEM FALLACY".

Quote:It may relieve you to hear that I will no longer be engaging your responses.

We call people like you a "shit-and-run pigeon". See if you can figure out why.

Quote:I don't need angry heckling.

What you need is a reality check. And that's precisely what you got.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
17-12-2013, 12:41 PM
(17-12-2013 10:06 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 07:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  If you are interested in some slightly more civil discussion, I'll be available for the next three days to answer and questions, and I'm sure many others would be less hostile than Taq... funnily enough, he has the religious trolls matched for arrogant dickery.
I get the feeling that his black, shrivelled heart is in the right place though.

If he finds out that InquisitiveMinds is sincere in her intent to learn and discuss, he shriveled heart will grow three sizes that day.

[Image: grinch1.jpeg]

[Image: Heart_Growing_4762.png]

[Image: grinch1.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
17-12-2013, 12:50 PM
(16-12-2013 06:02 PM)Inquisitive Minds Wrote:  One of atheists' favorite criticisms of Christianity is that we're judgemental, but not all of us are like that.

And just what do you call this:

Quote: Going back to who defines morals, if not God: what if the Golden rule apart from God was, " Kill anyone who gets in your way, Steal, and destroy others' happiness to pursue your own gains." What if that was what society defined as "moral". Would you follow it? Would you approve of someone trying to kill your mother and steal her money because it was morally right?

Do you really think that atheists are incapable of having morals, as your "teachers" claim? Not only are you passing judgment on us, you are lying to yourself.

Now how about you quit whining and throwing out red herrings and address my criticisms of your arguments. You just might learn something. And something FAR more valuable than you are learning in your snake-oil-salesman class.

17-12-2013, 01:55 PM
(17-12-2013 12:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 10:06 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If he finds out that InquisitiveMinds is sincere in her intent to learn and discuss, he shriveled heart will grow three sizes that day.

[Image: grinch1.jpeg]

[Image: Heart_Growing_4762.png]

[Image: grinch1.jpg]

Yeah, also, getting the strength of ten grinches plus two would be pretty fuckin rad. Lets hope she's sincere.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-12-2013, 02:39 AM
If he got that strong, would he save christmas, or go on a rampage..? Consider
18-12-2013, 03:39 AM
(18-12-2013 02:39 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  If he got that strong, would he save christmas, or go on a rampage..? Consider

Taq save Christmas ? Laughat

He'd have Santa for breakfast!

... and then a little lighthearted pillaging in the afternoon...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
18-12-2013, 08:41 PM
(18-12-2013 03:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 02:39 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  If he got that strong, would he save christmas, or go on a rampage..? Consider

Taq save Christmas ? Laughat

He'd have Santa for breakfast!

... and then a little lighthearted pillaging in the afternoon...

SAVE XMAS FROM THE XTIANS! TAKE IT BACK FOR THE PAGANS!!!

LOOSE THE MOCKINGBIRDS!!!!!

Tongue