Non-Existence Of God Is Pretentious?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: Non-Existence Of God Is Pretentious?
(09-12-2013 07:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 07:04 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Thats nice for a sci-fi novel but right now were just gonna wait until if/when there is evidence for it.Drinking Beverage
sure.
But it is reasonable to believe biblical Prophets and other God's Prophets that intelligent Being God used this Earth to make it a place that is good enough for living of intelligent beings.
I believe Prophets of God that it is true.
Yeah.. as I said it's better to wait until if/when there is evidence for it. Your talking about prophets who were born thousands of years ago and had no idea how the world worked or even their brains. They even believed that the heart was where thought came from. How could they determine a message from god from an auditory/visual hallucination? They just can't, they'd even take hallucinogens and ascribe them to messages of gods. The Oracle of Delphi, even inhaled ethylene to make her predictions and they were interpreted as messages of gods. Hallucinations are even naturally occurring without any outside source. No, it isn't reasonable to believe in prophets. There are so many factors involved that you must take what they say with a grain of salt.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
09-12-2013, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 08:04 PM by Free Thought.)
(09-12-2013 07:04 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Thats nice for a sci-fi novel but right now were just gonna wait until if/when there is evidence for it.Drinking Beverage
sure.
But it is reasonable to believe biblical Prophets and other God's Prophets that intelligent Being God used this Earth to make it a place that is good enough for living of intelligent beings.

Yes, a planet which is suitable for humans, that is what Earth is.

Let's forget that a good chunk of the plant will pretty much burn you to death, another will do the opposite of turning you into a big popsicle and the vast majority is covered in undrinkable water and is virtually uninhabitable by humans, not to mention the mass of creatures which, if given the opportunity will gleefully rend you limb from limb, and in some cases could quite possibly use those rended off limbs to beat you to death. And that is just the apes. Not to mention all the viruses and bacteria and fungi that make their existence off making human lives as miserable as possible.

If your god made Earth for humans to live, he did a piss-poor job of it; only reason we still exist is because we were lucky enough to avoid the fates of every other form of Homo species and start actually doing shit for ourselves.

It might be the case that a deity made Earth for intelligent life, but it certainly isn't humans.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-12-2013, 08:01 PM
(09-12-2013 07:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What, did you think that I was lying?
I thought that you were mistaken

(09-12-2013 07:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why don't you just ask everyone here if what I say is true.
why don't I ask you? May I?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
09-12-2013, 08:05 PM
(09-12-2013 07:59 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Yeah.. as I said it's better to wait until if/when there is evidence for it.
sure, if this is what you choose.
(09-12-2013 07:59 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Your talking about prophets who were born thousands of years ago and had no idea how the world worked or even their brains.
not only about them. I am also talking about modern Prophets of God.

(09-12-2013 07:59 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  They even believed that the heart was where thought came from.
really> why do you say this?

(09-12-2013 07:59 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  No, it isn't reasonable to believe in prophets. There are so many factors involved that you must take what they say with a grain of salt.
any examples?

09-12-2013, 08:05 PM
sure.
But it is reasonable to believe

No it's not. It's made-up fairytale bullshit.

Quote: ...biblical Prophets and other God's Prophets that intelligent Being God used this Earth to make it a place that is good enough for living of intelligent beings.

Precisely what flavour of fairy-tale bullshit do you actually subscribe to? Some sort of I-Slam, would be my guess?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-12-2013, 08:10 PM
(09-12-2013 08:01 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yes, a planet which is suitable for humans, that is what Earth is.
Let's forget that a good chunk of the plant will pretty much burn you to death, another will do the opposite of turning you into a big popsicle and the vast majority is covered in undrinkable water and is virtually uninhabitable by humans, not to mention the mass of creatures which, if given the opportunity will gleefully rend you limb from limb, and in some cases could quite possibly use those rended off limbs to beat you to death. And that is just the apes. Not to mention all the viruses and bacteria and fungi that make their existence off making human lives as miserable as possible.
you are still alive.Smile
And now it is your job to do all you can to make it(living) on Earth even better. You are god and you can fight bacteria.

(09-12-2013 07:59 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  If your god made Earth for humans to live, he did a piss-poor job of it; only reason we still exist is because we were lucky enough to avoid the fates of every other form of Homo species and start actually doing shit for ourselves.
It is perfect for you to have an opportunity to make this Earth better and act like god.

(09-12-2013 07:59 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  It might be the case that a deity made Earth for intelligent life, but it certainly isn't humans.
you are still alive. Humans are still here.Smile

09-12-2013, 08:13 PM
(09-12-2013 08:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 07:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What, did you think that I was lying?
I thought that you were mistaken

Because Self-Delusion/Willful Ignorance/Cognitive Dissonance.

Quote:
(09-12-2013 07:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why don't you just ask everyone here if what I say is true.
why don't I ask you? May I?

I've already seen several people on the forum say precisely that.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-12-2013, 08:15 PM
(09-12-2013 08:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 08:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  I thought that you were mistaken

Because Self-Delusion/Willful Ignorance/Cognitive Dissonance.

Quote:why don't I ask you? May I?

I've already seen several people on the forum say precisely that.

Seconded Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
09-12-2013, 08:15 PM
(09-12-2013 02:20 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 01:02 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  This is one of the most common accusations that I hear from religious people: "Do you really think that you're so big that nothing bigger than you exists? That's pretty pretentious to think you're so significant!"

So I always respond: "Actually, I feel that I'm quite small in the scheme of the universe. Do you realize that if you were to gather every grain of sand on Earth that our planet would not even represent a single grain of sand in the universe?" That is how UN-important we are. Do you really think that an almighty creator made this entire universe and that our planet is incredibly special in the scheme of the universe? If that is how you feel, then I'd say that YOU are the one that is being pretentious. Like it or not, the universe goes on with or without us. Our existence changes nothing."

It's not a matter of pretentiousness IMO. It's a matter of there is no other item for which non-existence is claimed that has thousands and thousands of web pages and forum postings. If god doesn't exist, spend less time attempting to prove He doesn't.

By spending so much time and effort trying to refute the other 95% of the planet, you are fitting the Bible description to a T of people against God who gnash their teeth and rage at the Heavenly beings.

You really feel no compunction or guilt? You are really certain there is no god? Go live your life off the forum. Don't bother taking the stand that you are here to "share the fellowship of those persecuted by deists." If you're so sure there's no god, shut up about the "dead" issue and live your life.

I for my part will continue to proselytize and to share and learn. That's my prerogative.
Shit, you must be a real big wig in VileBill God's wacky world of whimsy! If you can attract dim-witted victims even better than the Ol' Jewophile himself, his masochistic, suicidal son, and Casper their friendly Holy Ghost, that is!

Oh that's right, they don't speak to mankind anymore after exhausting themselves proselytizing to neophyte Kikes for a thousand years or so and consequently need catechistic henchmen, such as your rent-a-mind goose-stepping self, to lure the mug punters into their humongous, mother of all Jonestown Massacres at the end of time.

When I worked at the abattoirs there was a "Judas Goat" the sheep used to follow down the race to their subsequent slaughter. Naturally the JG was let through unharmed so he could lead thousands more stupid sheep to their deaths. Is that the same kind of deal you have with humanity's celestial slaughtermen?
[+] 1 user Likes The Misanthrope's post
09-12-2013, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 08:31 PM by WitchSabrina.)
(09-12-2013 07:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  But it is reasonable to believe biblical Prophets and other God's Prophets that intelligent Being God used this Earth to make it a place that is good enough for living of intelligent beings.

Why is it reasonable? Or do you mean *reasonable* to you alone? Because that's not reasonable to me. If you WANT it to be reasonable to ME you're going to have to do better than this word salad you're tossing.

Word. Salad.
Salad of words strung together but meaning - not much atall.Shocking

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post