Non-believers, their children and church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Non-believers, their children and church
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/raising-...04032.html

I don't get it. Are you telling me children need a sense of community after going to school for seven hours a day, five days a week, plus afterschool activities such as sports, art camp, dancing, karate, swimming lessons, etc.?

And if you know god is hokum, why would you want to expose your kids to something you don't believe in? When he says the children should have a place where they can contemplate, all I could think of was, "They do idiot, it's called school and home."

Who cares if they hear about religion from their friends?. When they come home and ask you, take care of it. Answer them truthfully, give them respect. All we ever do on this forum is talk about how indoctrination is so difficult to break because kids are exposed to it at such a young impressionable age. And that any reference to say "hell" is child abuse.

I understand that UU is as relaxed a religion as possible and is one reasonable thought away from a secular picnic, but I still disagree with this. Am I alone?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
17-01-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Non-believers, their children and church
UU is a nice alternative for some people, but it's not for everyone. I find it a bit too churchy for my liking. And yeah, there are plenty of other ways to be part of a community, like joining a volunteer group, for example. That's a great way for a family to spend time together, and it teaches kids about the importance of getting involved in their communities and doing their part to improve the world. Heart

^Pretty obvious that I grew up in the 90s, eh?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Dahlia's post
17-01-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Non-believers, their children and church
raising kids without god but not without religion?

What a load of fucking ambiguity! The two are the same fucking thing and trying to seperate the two is just snake oil salesmanship from some pastor or priest trying to get more children into their church and convert people of other faiths and non faiths so they can have more money.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post