Non famous quotes.............

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Non famous quotes.............
What are some of the best quotes from whatever source outside fame that you like. If you know the person name them if it is just general but you don't know put "Unknown" after. You can post your own quotes or those of others.

"Any culture or religion that cant or wont allow girls or women to make their own life choices deserves nothing but scorn and contempt" Me(Brian37, Brian James Rational Poet)

"Humans start the same way and end the same way and have the same ignorance between." Me (Brian37, Brian James Rational Poet)

Feel free to add yours.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
15-11-2014, 09:05 AM
RE: Non famous quotes.............
"The people who are the most interesting, are the ones who tell you nothing" -Jim Kressel

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-11-2014, 09:55 AM
You cannot believe people have freewill, god has a plan and prayers get answered. You can believe in one of these, but you can't believe in any two because they ultimately contradict one another.
WillHopp TTA

There is a vast immeasurable and impassable sea of ignorance between an uninformed opinion based solely on a wish and a prayer and an educated best-guess based on rational theories with plausible mechanisms of action informed by the evidence as presented by our current ability and technology to measure. The former is for children, the latter for adults. Chronological age notwithstanding.
GirlyMan TTA

Simply put, we don't need the super-natural to explain the natural. And conversely, the natural is not evidence for the super-natural.
EvolutionKills TTA

If we were created in God's image, why aren't we invisible?
Rijk Zandstra

I have noticed that throughout history conversions to faith are at the point of a sword and de-conversions from faith are at the point of a pen.
Full Circle Cool

No group's religious doctrine can trump personal freedom and the rule of law in a nation founded on the principle of separation of church and state.
San Francisco Chronicle

We preach peace, forgiveness, tolerance and love. We practice vengeance, persecution, hatred and domination.
(unknown)

Even though the Bible might convince someone that God would not let the human race drive itself to extinction, history clearly shows God had no problem with minor aberrations like the fall of the Roman Empire, the Black Plague, the Mongol invasions or World Wars I and II. So killing off half of the human race or five hundred years of Dark Ages are certainly up for consideration.
Darth Dog

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Emo Philips

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
15-11-2014, 11:34 AM
"Evolution is the single most important discovery in the biological sciences, and should be the most unifying idea in human history."
-Chas

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2014, 11:51 AM
"Don't be a dick."
-lot's of folks who aren't dicks.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
15-11-2014, 12:05 PM
(15-11-2014 11:51 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  "Don't be a dick."
-lot's of folks who aren't dicks.

I think that's officially a Stark quote.

edit - and rule and words to live by.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-11-2014, 12:41 PM
"My parents were going to name me 'Jew,' but they didn't think that sounded Jewish enough, so they named me 'David Silverman.'"

-David Silverman
(from the intro to his debate with Frank Turek)

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
15-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Re: RE: Non famous quotes.............
(15-11-2014 09:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  If we were created in God's image, why aren't we invisible?
Rijk Zandstra

This is brilliant.
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
15-11-2014, 02:09 PM

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
15-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I like a lot of them from Joseph Campbell.

“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.”

“Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.”

“Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning."

“All life stinks and you must embrace that with compassion.”

“How to get rid of ego as dictator and turn it into messenger and servant and scout, to be in your service, is the trick.”

“He who thinks he knows, doesn't know. He who knows that he doesn't know, knows.”

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

“God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that.”

“If you want to change the world, you have to change the metaphor.”

“God is the experience of looking at a tree and saying, 'Ah!”

“God is within you! You yourself are the creator. If you find that place within you from which you brought this thing about, you will be able to live with it and affirm it, perhaps even enjoy it, as your life.”

“All religions are true but none are literal.”

“I don't have to have faith, I have experience.”

“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.”

“The experience of eternity right here and now is the function of life. Heaven is not the place to have the experience; here is the place to have the experience.”

“When you realize that eternity is right here now, that it is within your possibility to experience the eternity of your own truth and being, then you grasp the following: That which you are was never born and will never die.”

And my personal favorite: “Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.”

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post