Non insulting ways of messing with theists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Non insulting ways of messing with theists?
Have you ever wanted to just mess with theists for some reason? Have you? You know, like in a non insulting way?

I want to go to this evangelical book store ( and tape this lol ) And ask if they have books from Carl Sagan, Hitchens, Dawkins or Sam Harris lol. Or, what a friend suggested: Ask if they carry the twilight books Laughat

Just to see what kind of reaction I can get from that. Like, do you have the God delusion or god is not great? They even have that Gods Not dead poster for that crappy movie on their front check out station and all sorts of other jesus stuffs around. Not to mention I want to be wearing that shirt that has jesus on a cross on it that says "he is not coming back, get over it" on it. I saw it in the amazing atheist and the cult of dusty webstores and I want it bad lol.

Anyway, any of you guys want to or have messed with a Theist in any non directly insulting ways? What was the outcome and was it worth it?

Psalm 14:1 - There is NO God!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Non insulting ways of messing with theists?
(10-07-2014 10:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Anyway, any of you guys want to or have messed with a Theist in any non directly insulting ways? What was the outcome and was it worth it?

Yes

Every time I reply to KC.

No outcome.

Worth it insofar as it amuses me so to do

Big Grin

10-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I once went into a Catholic Book Store and asked if they had any book written by Jesus or books that are only on his teachings.

They seemed pretty confused. So I asked for a book on his teachings on Pantheism and Reincarnation. Again a funny look and I was told there were no such teachings. So I smiled and said I was referring to the teachings the Christian Church edited out.

I was politely asked to leave.

Another time I had a Jehovah witness come to my door and he proceeded to debate me for almost an hour. He couldn't seem to make a good argument so he asked me if I minded if he came back with some friends. I said sure bring them on.

When they came back we got into a heated debate. I asked what happened when I died and made clear that I knew that my body would rot in the ground. Surprisingly they admitted that I would in fact die but that God would raise everybody up later.

So I pointed out that after a hundred years there wouldn't even be bones left. And even if there were there wouldn't be anything left of me. And again he admitted that was true but pointed out that God would remember who I was and would re create me for the next life. And I pointed out that if God created a human being and gave him my memories that would be great for that new human but it wouldn't help me in the least.

Obviously our debate was going nowhere so finally I got frustrated and said look God is love so it doesn't matter what I believe because love is all that matters. At that he got very angry and shouted love isn't all that matters and they all got back in their car and pealed out of the driveway. What makes this story interesting was no one standing there talking to me showed the slightest sign of anger or really raised their voice until I said all that mattered was love.

Finally I got tired of the Christian tactic of gaining up on me by showing that chances were that anyone standing around us probably agreed with them. So one time when I met a Christian on a bus and he asked me if I minded continuing the discussion. Knowing that my room mates and everyone that stopped by were essentially Atheist.

I invited him to stop by. So back at the apartment he started in on me and looked for my room mates for support. He didn't get it. But funnier yet a lot of people stopped in while we were talking and pretty soon this Christian was in a room full of Atheist. I have never had that experience before and apparently neither had he. I thought it was pretty funny.

Anyway instead of getting in debates with people on the street I usually just let them know that I don't have any fear of Hell. Once they sense that I am not someone that gave up Christianity out of a fear of Hell they usually back off right away.

The last one asked me but "don't you want eternal life? I told him if he would answer my next question truthfully yes or no and let me respond with out preaching to me that he could say anything he wanted after that and we could continue the discussion.

I simply asked him back do I have a soul ? yes or no? He said yes.

So I told him that it was my reasoning that although it has not been proven that there is a such thing as a soul I was willing to accept that I did in fact have a soul. But I explained if there is a soul it must be immortal by nature. Just as all circles are round all souls must be immortal by nature. So offering me eternal life for accepting his religion as true was a scam.

He asked me if I was afraid of Hell and I told him no. I asked him if he knew what immortal meant. And he said that it meant that you will exist forever. So I asked him if forever had a beginning since we both agreed that it had no end. Did God have a beginning or has he existed forever? His answer God has no beginning or end.

So I pointed out that if my soul is immortal by nature and immortal means existing forever then my soul not only has no end to it's existence but can not have a beginning to it's existence either.

So that means if I have a soul which he admitted that I did ...then that would mean I have been here before. I can never really die because I was never really born or I have been born but obviously over and over.

Because if by it's nature the soul is immortal and therefore has always existed and the only being that never had to be born is God ...then unless I am God not only do I have to be born but I have had to be born over and over. Needless to say he was stumped.

That's all I got.

(10-07-2014 10:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Have you ever wanted to just mess with theists for some reason? Have you? You know, like in a non insulting way?

I want to go to this evangelical book store ( and tape this lol ) And ask if they have books from Carl Sagan, Hitchens, Dawkins or Sam Harris lol. Or, what a friend suggested: Ask if they carry the twilight books Laughat

Just to see what kind of reaction I can get from that. Like, do you have the God delusion or god is not great? They even have that Gods Not dead poster for that crappy movie on their front check out station and all sorts of other jesus stuffs around. Not to mention I want to be wearing that shirt that has jesus on a cross on it that says "he is not coming back, get over it" on it. I saw it in the amazing atheist and the cult of dusty webstores and I want it bad lol.

Anyway, any of you guys want to or have messed with a Theist in any non directly insulting ways? What was the outcome and was it worth it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like thespiritualanarchist's post
11-07-2014, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 04:52 AM by BillHicksWorshipper.)
Quote: I want to go to this evangelical book store ( and tape this lol ) And ask if they have books from Carl Sagan, Hitchens, Dawkins or Sam Harris lol. Or, what a friend suggested: Ask if they carry the twilight books
"Hi, do you have a copy of The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey? " Tongue
[+] 2 users Like BillHicksWorshipper's post
11-07-2014, 05:09 AM
(10-07-2014 10:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I want to go to this evangelical book store ( and tape this lol ) And ask if they have books from Carl Sagan, Hitchens, Dawkins or Sam Harris lol. Or, what a friend suggested: Ask if they carry the twilight books Laughat

(10-07-2014 10:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Not to mention I want to be wearing that shirt that has jesus on a cross on it that says "he is not coming back, get over it" on it.

They'll twig you as someone out to cause mischief. Much better to pretend to be a genuine Christian who is looking for the above books and maybe is somewhat ignorant about their content, possibly because the books were recommended to you. That would get them far more worried and will make them want to engage with you before you try buying them from another shop. They'll try to talk you out of reading those books and then you can pretend to be really naive while at the same time still asking some really difficult questions.

For example:

"I can't believe that Richard Dawkins is an atheist. He's a respected Biologist! Think about it, if God created us then surely someone like Richard Dawkins must be really knowledgeable about this subject if he spends so much time studying His creation? It should be self evident that we have been created and that therefore God exists."
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
11-07-2014, 08:36 AM
There have been a lot of times I've wanted to casually tell a family member "Hey, the Bible says no shrimp!" or "No makeup; Bible says so!" or some other stupid little rule midway through them breaking said stupid rule.

Never have, though.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
11-07-2014, 09:51 AM
I don't know, all seems a bit cruel to me. Kind of like messing with little kids. The reaction is the same. At first they are surprised and hurt. Then they get angry. Then they throw a temper-tantrum. I just can't bring myself to do it unless they asked for it first.
11-07-2014, 09:57 AM
I like to fuck with the people coming to my door or calling me on the phone. It doesn't matter what they're trying to sell me be it a new phone or a religion.
I generally don't bother going out of my way to fuck with people.
11-07-2014, 11:39 AM
(10-07-2014 10:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Have you ever wanted to just mess with theists for some reason? Have you? You know, like in a non insulting way?

Well, the way I figure it, I can mess with theists just by living a good, upstanding, compassionate, prosperous life, openly without God or any of their other trappings, and just draw a clear line about how far they're allowed to inject religion into my life (no theocracy, door-to-door fine unless I put up a no-proselytizing sign, etc). This messes with them plenty, and there's no way that any reasonable person can be insulted by this.

... wait.... there's something that's wrong about that. Consider

(11-07-2014 11:39 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  reasonable

Facepalm

Screw it, you're gonna insult a bunch of them no matter what.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post