NonReligious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
NonReligious
People that are non-religious are at 1.1 billion, and the number three ranked belief group. Look at this source.Source

It makes me feel good that more and more people around the world are becoming more secular.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2010, 09:04 PM
RE: NonReligious
Are deists counted as non-religious? Anyway, I do like the change.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah deists are included according to this source.
11-04-2010, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2010 06:35 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
Interesting. It says half of the non-religious are deists.

So just over 500 million atheists/agnostics world-wide, which would give the rank number 5 to just atheists alone. Impressive.

EDIT: Just realized I had way too many zeros.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
11-04-2010, 10:49 PM

It's all ridiculous, because clearly pastafarianism is superior to all!

rAmen
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2010, 10:25 PM

(11-04-2010 09:29 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Interesting. It says half of the non-religious are deists.

So just over 500,000 million atheists/agnostics world-wide, which would give the rank number 5 to just atheists alone. Impressive.

I guess P.T Barnum was right!
13-04-2010, 05:29 AM

(12-04-2010 10:25 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(11-04-2010 09:29 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Interesting. It says half of the non-religious are deists.

So just over 500,000 million atheists/agnostics world-wide, which would give the rank number 5 to just atheists alone. Impressive.

I guess P.T Barnum was right!

Nice. Instead of something creative or contributory, you insult us. Shows your true character, martin.
13-04-2010, 07:09 AM
First of all, who is P.T Barnum? Second of all, Martinb you should check out my, "Something to say" forum. There are plenty of good facts there. My religion professors here would love to educate you on why the bible is not true. It's all explained in the thread.
13-04-2010, 07:23 AM
P. T. Barnum founded the Barnum and Bailey Circus, but martinb59 was speaking of a quote which is (erroneously) attributed to him: "There's a sucker born every minute". It actually wasn't Barnum that said it, though, which I find rather ironic in this context.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks, I guess I am going to have to give Martinb a negative on his reputation for a personal attack. I hate to do that, but people nead to realize they cannot call people names.