NonReligious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2010, 07:39 AM
RE: NonReligious
You just now realized that he's doing this? Hm. Haven't read many martinb59 threads have you?

O_o

"But are not the dreams of poets and the tales of travelers notoriously false?"
- H. P. Lovecraft, "The Street"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Lol I haven't read too many of them. I am sure he will keep doing it though.
13-04-2010, 09:07 AM
(13-04-2010 07:30 AM)omega21 Wrote:  Thanks, I guess I am going to have to give Martinb a negative on his reputation for a personal attack. I hate to do that, but people nead to realize they cannot call people names.

Martin can be quite frustrating sometimes, but I always try to remind myself that he is in a very different position here than me. That makes me a little more forgiving, since I would feel on the defensive, and likely let the occasional out of line comment slip if I were in his position. I remind myself that I am part of the vast majority when posting here, while Martin is a VERY vast minority. I may not agree with most of what he says, and yes, I too get annoyed sometimes, but lets show that we are as forgiving and kind (or perhaps even more so) than those who have a god to dictate their morals, by cutting Martin at least a little slack.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
13-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. I will give him some lienancy and reply with facts and educated arguments.
13-04-2010, 09:29 AM

(13-04-2010 09:07 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(13-04-2010 07:30 AM)omega21 Wrote:  Thanks, I guess I am going to have to give Martinb a negative on his reputation for a personal attack. I hate to do that, but people nead to realize they cannot call people names.

Martin can be quite frustrating sometimes, but I always try to remind myself that he is in a very different position here than me. That makes me a little more forgiving, since I would feel on the defensive, and likely let the occasional out of line comment slip if I were in his position. I remind myself that I am part of the vast majority when posting here, while Martin is a VERY vast minority. I may not agree with most of what he says, and yes, I too get annoyed sometimes, but lets show that we are as forgiving and kind (or perhaps even more so) than those who have a god to dictate their morals, by cutting Martin at least a little slack.

Nicely put
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2010, 06:25 PM

I'm not even sure if that really qualifies as a personal attack. I believe he was saying that atheists are "suckers", not just me but all. Not sure if that makes it much better.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-04-2010, 11:32 PM

So sensitive! Have you seen the names people have called me? I believe Asshat was the last one.
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry to take this so lightly, but I can't help laughing every time the word "asshat" is brought up. Thats my new pet name for my wife! (Just kidding. Shes got a good sense of humor, but she also has a blackbelt, and I ain't no dummy! LMAO)

Martin, I think you may have missed post #14. Omega was a big enough person to take a little critisism, and give his/her position a little more thought. May have been too late to take back a negative rating (do we really put that much stock in those?), but I think credit should be given for what Omega said in that post.

Just sayin'.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
16-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Haha, asshat.

[Image: tinfoil.png]

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!