None of the above

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 11:13 AM
None of the above
Facing what they're going to give us to vote for ---

What would happen, if a majority (or more likely a plurality) of the voters who showed up (in the USA) for voting - wrote in "None of the above"?

How would the Electoral College react??

What about Senate/House candidate races???

I'm thinking it's a idea whose time has come...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: None of the above
Not many have the nerve to do it. Too many worry that their side would do that and the other side would win.

These are the reforms I would like to see:

Get rid of the electoral college.
Every eligible adult citizen can/must vote as their civic duty. Decliners must get special permission under certain circumstances just like jury duty.
Every media (tv, paper, online news and radio) has to give equal time to all candidates for free as their civic contribution. Fund raising would be for travel amenities only and have a cap.
Everyone across the nation gets to vote on the same candidates, a national number of signatures to be considered a candidate, not state by state. (I really hate not being able to vote for someone because I live in a stupid state.)

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
26-01-2016, 12:05 PM
I'd like to see party term limits Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-01-2016, 12:09 PM
In the unlikely event that majority of the vote were to go to either none of the above or to a 3rd party or independent, the biggest change would be in how future campaigns are marketed. Even if it didn't change the outcome of that particular election, it would serve as concrete evidence that it's okay to not vote for the ruling party.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-01-2016, 09:32 PM
What we need is someone who has to blow $30,000,000 in 30 days to make this a reality.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-01-2016, 10:15 PM
(26-01-2016 09:32 PM)BnW Wrote:  What we need is someone who has to blow $30,000,000 in 30 days to make this a reality.

Kinda like Brewster's Millions?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Kinda.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-01-2016, 10:56 PM
You underestimate how much people are dedicated to their selected party and would vote for it no matter who that party put up for as their presidential candidate (yes I'm obviously talking about Trump).

This is like religion to people. The only reason why half the people vote is because they know exactly 1/10th of what is going on. They don't see the other 9/10th's to get pissed off and care/want to do something about your fucked up system.

Most Americans still think you're the greatest country in the world, which obviously can't be true when you don't have basic welfare systems to take care of your most vulnerable citizens and your education and healthcare isn't even in the top 10. How do you expect people to vote for "none of the above" when they're under the illusion that all is right and US politicians are working hard for the every day American?

The only hope you have is that Sanders beats Hillary and that he becomes President. Than you have some tiny hope of getting some tiny good reform started/going in your country. At least until the republicans win the following election and undo all of his hard work in the first week because 'Murica!!'.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
26-01-2016, 11:03 PM
I'll tell ya what we need. We need

That's the ticket. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-01-2016, 12:42 AM
(26-01-2016 10:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  you don't have basic welfare systems to take care of your most vulnerable citizens and your education and healthcare isn't even in the top 10.

That may be the best, and most concise, description of what is wrong with this country that I've ever heard.