None of the above

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: None of the above
(26-01-2016 11:52 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Not many have the nerve to do it. Too many worry that their side would do that and the other side would win.

These are the reforms I would like to see:

Every eligible adult citizen can/must vote as their civic duty. Decliners must get special permission under certain circumstances just like jury duty.

I don't think it would give a good results. Don't know situation in USA but in Poland fact that only small percentage of voters participate in elections is thought as something that prevents extremists parties from rulling. Looking on population and it's reactions to doings of current and already extreme gov I can only agree. I preffer not to think what could happen if all these authoritarian, anti-semitic and simply stupid people were forced forced to vote.

In short if everyone were to be forced results of the elections could be even worse.

(26-01-2016 11:52 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Every media (tv, paper, online news and radio) has to give equal time to all candidates for free as their civic contribution. Fund raising would be for travel amenities only and have a cap.

In theory it may be good, but what if some candidates happen to be fascist clown or other kind of idiot? Media civic contribution will be then used against very idea of democracy. Also if it will be combined with proposal above it could have unpleasant results.

(26-01-2016 11:52 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Everyone across the nation gets to vote on the same candidates, a national number of signatures to be considered a candidate, not state by state. (I really hate not being able to vote for someone because I live in a stupid state.)

It seems good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2016, 02:00 AM
It wouldn't matter. Corporations would pay off the EC or other ruling bodies to fill the slots with yes-men.

Stocks would go up 3.3%.
27-01-2016, 06:39 AM
(26-01-2016 10:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You underestimate how much people are dedicated to their selected party and would vote for it no matter who that party put up for as their presidential candidate (yes I'm obviously talking about Trump).

This is like religion to people. The only reason why half the people vote is because they know exactly 1/10th of what is going on. They don't see the other 9/10th's to get pissed off and care/want to do something about your fucked up system.

Most Americans still think you're the greatest country in the world, which obviously can't be true when you don't have basic welfare systems to take care of your most vulnerable citizens and your education and healthcare isn't even in the top 10. How do you expect people to vote for "none of the above" when they're under the illusion that all is right and US politicians are working hard for the every day American?

The only hope you have is that Sanders beats Hillary and that he becomes President. Than you have some tiny hope of getting some tiny good reform started/going in your country. At least until the republicans win the following election and undo all of his hard work in the first week because 'Murica!!'.

Sanders in an entrenched politician who was long ago bought and paid for by special interests.

This applies to every single one in office - both ( R ) and ( D ).

You can't expect anything to change, when you continue to vote for the lizards...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-01-2016, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2016 06:58 AM by ClydeLee.)
(27-01-2016 06:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 10:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You underestimate how much people are dedicated to their selected party and would vote for it no matter who that party put up for as their presidential candidate (yes I'm obviously talking about Trump).

This is like religion to people. The only reason why half the people vote is because they know exactly 1/10th of what is going on. They don't see the other 9/10th's to get pissed off and care/want to do something about your fucked up system.

Most Americans still think you're the greatest country in the world, which obviously can't be true when you don't have basic welfare systems to take care of your most vulnerable citizens and your education and healthcare isn't even in the top 10. How do you expect people to vote for "none of the above" when they're under the illusion that all is right and US politicians are working hard for the every day American?

The only hope you have is that Sanders beats Hillary and that he becomes President. Than you have some tiny hope of getting some tiny good reform started/going in your country. At least until the republicans win the following election and undo all of his hard work in the first week because 'Murica!!'.

Sanders in an entrenched politician who was long ago bought and paid for by special interests.

You can't expect anything to change, when you continue to vote for the lizards...............

Yes but by different people than what 90% of who the politicians are bought by.

I recall reading that Russia has had a "None" option in elections. I am not aware of what that results in.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-01-2016, 06:59 AM
(27-01-2016 06:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Evidence? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2016, 07:03 AM
(27-01-2016 06:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 06:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sanders in an entrenched politician who was long ago bought and paid for by special interests.

Evidence? Consider

He's a politician in office.

He didn't get there by magic.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-01-2016, 07:03 AM
(27-01-2016 06:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 06:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sanders in an entrenched politician who was long ago bought and paid for by special interests.

Evidence? Consider

Major unions. He's had the endorsement and connection to those industries for years. It's a different peg though than the wallstreet, drug corp, & businessmen industry boughtoffs that most people are actually opposed to and bothered by via their political influence.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-01-2016, 07:06 AM
(27-01-2016 06:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

I recall reading that Russia has had a "None" option in elections. I am not aware of what that results in.

Yeah -- the old Soviet (not Russian) model was you had ONE candidate - and you voted "Yes" or "No".....

"No" came with a visit from the KGB and a vacation in Siberia.....

Needless to say, Soviet party leaders won elections in landslides..................

27-01-2016, 07:53 AM
(27-01-2016 07:03 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 06:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Evidence? Consider

Major unions. He's had the endorsement and connection to those industries for years. It's a different peg though than the wallstreet, drug corp, & businessmen industry boughtoffs that most people are actually opposed to and bothered by via their political influence.

Evidence? Support can be honest and not tainted by payoffs.

So provide evidence instead of libel. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-01-2016, 07:53 AM
(27-01-2016 06:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Russia had such option in 1991 elections leading to break-up of Soviet Union. According to Boris Yeltsin it helped to convince people that they had real power.

Then it was introduced or rather re-introduced in 2001 and then scrapped in 2006 allegedly for financial reasons. In 2014 there were proposals for introducing it yet again.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.