Nooo, not Louie!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Nooo, not Louie!!!
(11-11-2017 03:04 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  There is a seriously double-standard at work here. From what I'm given to understand, men (in general) got no issue with watching a woman masturbate. But yeah, if I catch hubby in the act I definitely back slowly out of the room, hoping he didn't see me. Him catching me? He'd offer to help. Or at least gladly watch.

There is definitely a difference between how men and women perceive sexual things.

That is part of the issue in the first place.

Speaking just for me, if a guy asks if he can masturbate in front of me and we are not a couple (for lack of a better word), I would be taken aback and wondering about him, but not scared or freaked out.

If he just whipped it out, that would be a whole other bag of worms. If he did that and started closing in on me, a visceral fear would emerge and everything after that would be pure horror.

Visceral. Not offended, not sexual, not rational, purely visceral and instinctual. Where your heart misses beats and the hair in the back of your neck stands up. Horror.

That said, I am anything but prude and have enjoyed all kinds of versions of sex. If I were to go to trial because someone raped me, my past sexual conduct would make me "fair game" for rape.

It's a huge problem, and a large part of the male population either cannot understand it or finds it easier to dehumanize instead.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
11-11-2017, 04:28 PM
"If he just whipped it out, that would be a whole other bag of worms."

Now where DID I put that thread about things being taken out of context....?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
11-11-2017, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 04:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-11-2017 03:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Speaking just for me, if a guy asks if he can masturbate in front of me and we are not a couple (for lack of a better word), I would be taken aback and wondering about him, but not scared or freaked out.

Speaking just for me, I would be fucking scared and freaked out.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-11-2017, 04:43 PM
(11-11-2017 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 03:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Speaking just for me, if a guy asks if he can masturbate in front of me and we are not a couple (for lack of a better word), I would be taken aback and wondering about him, but not scared or freaked out.

Speaking just for me, I would be fucking scared and freaked out.

Well, try to avoid having a sex change. I have seen 3 whipper outers who never asked. And those were the lesser incidents.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-11-2017, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 05:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-11-2017 04:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Speaking just for me, I would be fucking scared and freaked out.

Well, try to avoid having a sex change. I have seen 3 whipper outers who never asked. And those were the lesser incidents.

Good God! ... Admittedly, I've lived a far more sheltered life than you.

I know what the problem is but what to do about it is not clear. There was a point in time of our evolution where testosterone was naturally selected as one of two predominant sex hormones to ensure our survival as a species. The first and only commandment of testosterone is "Thou shalt inseminate as many as possible." The Prime Directive. That time is past and now it threatens to destroy us. Not as a species, but as a civilization.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-11-2017, 04:56 PM
(11-11-2017 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 04:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, try to avoid having a sex change. I have seen 3 whipper outers who never asked. And those were the lesser incidents.

Good God! ... Admittedly, I've lived a far more sheltered life than you.

I know what the problem is but what to do about it is not clear. There was a point in time of our evolution where testosterone was naturally selected as one of two predominant sex hormones to ensure our survival as a species. That time is past and now it threatens to destroy us. Not as a species, but as a civilization.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
11-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Call me a backwoods Aussie hick, but until this little drama blew up, I'd never even heard of Louis CK (Székely) either as a standup comic, writer, or an actor. Then again, downunder our media often don't take much notice of minor American celebrities (except the Kardashians for some bizarre reason LOL).

And the question as to why these women may not have simply walked away, refused to watch, or apparently even let it happen...

Many people have heard of the fight or flight response as the typical responses to danger, but it is actually fight, flight, or freeze. The freeze response is a documented neurobiological condition also referred to as tonic immobility. Tonic immobility is an autonomic mammalian response that happens in extremely fearful situations; it is uncontrollable and not something a person decides to do. Research shows that around 50% of survivors experience tonic immobility during an assault.

Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness, University of Michigan.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
11-11-2017, 05:05 PM
(11-11-2017 05:00 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Call me a backwoods Aussie hick, but until this little drama blew up, I'd never even heard of Louis CK (Székely) either as a standup comic, writer, or an actor. Then again, downunder our media often don't take much notice of minor American celebrities (except the Kardashians for some bizarre reason LOL).

And the question as to why these women may not have simply walked away, refused to watch, or apparently even let it happen...

Many people have heard of the fight or flight response as the typical responses to danger, but it is actually fight, flight, or freeze. The freeze response is a documented neurobiological condition also referred to as tonic immobility. Tonic immobility is an autonomic mammalian response that happens in extremely fearful situations; it is uncontrollable and not something a person decides to do. Research shows that around 50% of survivors experience tonic immobility during an assault.

Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness, University of Michigan.

Alright, that's my last shitty joke for the day.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
11-11-2017, 05:07 PM
(11-11-2017 05:05 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Alright, that's my last shitty joke for the day.

No, don't stop. It's fucking funny.

#sigh
11-11-2017, 05:13 PM
(11-11-2017 05:00 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Many people have heard of the fight or flight response as the typical responses to danger, but it is actually fight, flight, or freeze. The freeze response is a documented neurobiological condition also referred to as tonic immobility. Tonic immobility is an autonomic mammalian response that happens in extremely fearful situations; it is uncontrollable and not something a person decides to do. Research shows that around 50% of survivors experience tonic immobility during an assault.

Or as I like to call it, going full armadillo. Smile

#sigh