Nope. No. No no no no no no no no NO. NO!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Nope. No. No no no no no no no no NO. NO!!!
We need tech that goes the opposite direction, allowing people to write smartphone hacks that can remotely alter someone's drink temperature. That would be interesting, and a learning experience for the More Money Than Brains Club.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
16-01-2016, 01:37 PM
(16-01-2016 07:15 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  There is never going to be a shortage of stupid products you can buy. Ever. This has always been the case. As long as some idiot will buy it, some enterprising individual will be more than happy to make a dollar off his/her dumb ass.

I give you, The Daddle:

[Image: 719QCUhx7iL._SL1355_.jpg]

BiC For Her Ink Pens: (No cocks allowed)

[Image: biccristalpensforher.jpg]

And a Yodelling pickle, because why the fuck not?

[Image: yodelingpickle.jpg]

Anyone in here ever own a DVD re-winder?

Wait. That Daddle does have struups on the sides. So there's that. Except half the fun of playing horsie with dad or mom is falling off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
17-01-2016, 02:11 PM
(16-01-2016 07:15 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  There is never going to be a shortage of stupid products you can buy. Ever. This has always been the case. As long as some idiot will buy it, some enterprising individual will be more than happy to make a dollar off his/her dumb ass.

Yes, but look at the Pet Rock craze. If you can make money off of a bunch of goofs willing to buy something silly...

[Image: 2308c8865b55274f59b5b61f5ffafd0f_zpshkybwec0.jpg]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-01-2016, 02:41 PM
(16-01-2016 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 06:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's usually not the engineer's fault; more often it's the bean counters' or marketing dweebs' doing.

The features are useful to many, but there needed to be a mode selector separate from the on/off.

Naw -- it's the engineer.....

The bean counters would want less features - to make it cheaper ---- and marketing would just decide what color it should be -- and then if it sells well, they act smug about it after the fact.....

No, it's bean counters and marketing. Marketing want more features to differentiate *our* light from every other flashlight out there. Or at least match them. Because the dream is always to *own* the flashlight market, and that means: the *best* flashlight (marketing thinks best = more features) and for the *lowest possible price*.

Bean counters *also* want to *make* the flashlight for the lowest possible price, but they want to sell it for the highest possible price.

In the middle of all this is the engineer who says "I can add X feature with an extra toggle switch" and marketing howls and says "We MUST have it, and we MUST have it yesterday, and you can't increase our selling price" and bean counters howl and say "In fact you must knock 10% off manufacturing costs. Also you no longer are eligible for coffee, that is now an 'executive exclusive' benefit. Instead we will hook you up to a wall socket and shock you if you slow down".

So the engineer can only make the fucking extra feature by repurposing the switch that's already there, 'cos he's not allowed to add another toggle, 'cos that'll cost more. Also manufacturing is moved to Mali, where child slaves can save the necessary 10% of manufacturing costs.

So in reality, the engineer should fire himself and go found a rival firm that makes better flashlights. But most of the time they don't, and they deliver *exactly* what marketing asked for, and it makes not much money, 'cos no one wants a flashlight that can also do pregnancy tests if you click the button twenty times.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Regardless -- the whole idea of a flashlight flashing, and flashing out SOS is stupid in a tactical flashlight....

If they REALLY wanted to sell a shitload of tactical high dollar flashlights - it should have the following features --

On.
Off.
Vibrate.

Self defense and self abuse all in a neat flat black anodized aluminum package....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-01-2016, 07:27 PM
(17-01-2016 02:11 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Yes, but look at the Pet Rock craze. If you can make money off of a bunch of goofs willing to buy something silly...

[Image: 2308c8865b55274f59b5b61f5ffafd0f_zpshkybwec0.jpg]

"Goofs" if far to polite a word to be appropriate. Big Grin

18-01-2016, 01:02 AM
(17-01-2016 03:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Regardless -- the whole idea of a flashlight flashing, and flashing out SOS is stupid in a tactical flashlight....

If they REALLY wanted to sell a shitload of tactical high dollar flashlights - it should have the following features --

On.
Off.
Vibrate.

Self defense and self abuse all in a neat flat black anodized aluminum package....

This is why they call Steve Jobs a marketing genius. He was all about stripping *out* useless extra features and simplifying shit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-01-2016, 01:04 AM
It has already been invented, but I am not gonna link to it. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-01-2016, 02:25 AM
(16-01-2016 02:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm using my one veto to no 'smart drink bottles'.
NO!

How much of a douche do you need to be to buy a drink bottle that can link to your smart phone so it can tell you the temperature of your drink?

NO.

If any of you have these please let me know so I can neg rep you.

I will leave you with this.
[Image: MjAxMy02MTZjN2QzM2JhNTJlY2Qw.png]

There can't be such a thing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-01-2016, 07:27 AM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus