Normal stuff that is so special

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Normal stuff that is so special
(24-09-2016 06:25 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 11:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Kids...

They aren't all special snowflakes. They simply aren't.

I absolutely loathe having to pretend every baby is the cutest one I've ever seen. Especially when they're horribly ugly. My best friend had the ugliest baby I've ever born witness to (know you're not reading, but sorry man, truth hurts), but for he and his wife, I was like, "Oh who is such a cutie? You are! You are!"

[tangent]

That reminds me of that time when a Chinese man sued his wife, because she had massive cosmetic surgery before they met and never told him, and he only found out three children later when they were all less than stellar looking.

Cosmetic surgery can fix your face, but not your genes.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: wife-again.jpg?quality=85&strip=...;amp;w=770]

[/tangent]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2016, 10:03 PM

I absolutely loathe having to pretend every baby is the cutest one I've ever seen. Especially when they're horribly ugly. My best friend had the ugliest baby I've ever born witness to (know you're not reading, but sorry man, truth hurts), but for he and his wife, I was like, "Oh who is such a cutie? You are! You are!"

A coworker and I were discussing this a few years ago and how we try to come up with something to say other than to lie and say the kid is cute. Things like "Wow, look at all that hair!', "What a cute outfit.", or something along those lines. Our boss at the time had just had a grandchild who inherited the worst facial features of both parents. We were often accosted with photos of the child and we had a little competition to see who could come up with the best comment that wasn't a lie.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-09-2016, 03:11 AM

"Darling, I love you very, very much, You've just had a lizard."
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
25-09-2016, 04:41 AM
(24-09-2016 09:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 06:25 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I absolutely loathe having to pretend every baby is the cutest one I've ever seen. Especially when they're horribly ugly. My best friend had the ugliest baby I've ever born witness to (know you're not reading, but sorry man, truth hurts), but for he and his wife, I was like, "Oh who is such a cutie? You are! You are!"

[tangent]

That reminds me of that time when a Chinese man sued his wife, because she had massive cosmetic surgery before they met and never told him, and he only found out three children later when they were all less than stellar looking.

Cosmetic surgery can fix your face, but not your genes.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: wife-again.jpg?quality=85&strip=...;amp;w=770]

[/tangent]

Hasn't been confirmed though. Most likely a hoax.
http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/uglybaby.asp
First the story was there and years later someone put a picture on top of the story.

Anjele Wrote:Kids...

So true. This new idea that every child is oh so special... so fucking annoying. I could ramble about this for days...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
25-09-2016, 07:43 AM
There are some kids I like off the bat, and some I can't stand to be around.

I have always thought that fashion was stupid. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes. Some of the stuff people wear - I wonder how they even move at all!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-09-2016, 11:38 AM
(24-09-2016 10:58 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 10:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bathing.

Yeah, so much overrated!

Good rubbing down with a bit of 40 grit abrasive paper once a year is enough for anyone.

A friend, similar age to me, complains about the aged look of his skin compared to mine. The difference? He showers twice a day I soak then shower once a week.

... and I thought I was the only one! I shower (and shave) once or twice a week, and no more, although I will have a quick sponge bath if I start to get stinky between showers. And it also depends on what I'm doing. If I go for a 75-mile bicycle ride on a hot humid day (and I sometimes do this), well, I'm definitely going to need a shower afterward, even if I just took one that morning. But I know people who refuse to go to bed without taking a shower first, even if they've done nothing all day but sit around in an air-conditioned hotel. I think they're daft.
25-09-2016, 11:42 AM
(25-09-2016 07:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  There are some kids I like off the bat, and some I can't stand to be around.

I have always thought that fashion was stupid. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes. Some of the stuff people wear - I wonder how they even move at all!

Just like us big people, kids is kids - great and grotty.

That ugly one might just have a sense of humour that meshes perfectly with yours and be willing to listen to your wisdom (and we all want that!). The little beauty may be an opinionated pain in the ass who thinks every adult is demented.

Just like people.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
25-09-2016, 12:09 PM
(25-09-2016 11:42 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(25-09-2016 07:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  There are some kids I like off the bat, and some I can't stand to be around.

Just like us big people, kids is kids - great and grotty.

That ugly one might just have a sense of humour that meshes perfectly with yours and be willing to listen to your wisdom (and we all want that!). The little beauty may be an opinionated pain in the ass who thinks every adult is demented.

Just like people.

To be clear...I was really not thinking about appearance when I posted. It's the kids whose parents think they are the most brilliant, gifted, talented, caring, all around great kid when in fact the kid is simply an jerk...unlikable and often a brat. Those parents think the whole world should also think that their child is the greatest addition to the planet when they actually have zero personality or are as dim as a box of hair.

Some kids were born to wear a headset and ask if you want fries with that; others are going to eradicate diseases, solve world problems, or simply make the world a better place.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Indoor plumbing. Hot and cold clean running water. Illumination that doesn't put off smoke or drip oil. Streets free of horse crap. Puppies,

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
25-09-2016, 08:16 PM

I liked your post because I suspect you were an ugly baby