Normal stuff that is so special

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Normal stuff that is so special
(25-09-2016 08:16 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 06:25 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I absolutely loathe having to pretend every baby is the cutest one I've ever seen. Especially when they're horribly ugly. My best friend had the ugliest baby I've ever born witness to (know you're not reading, but sorry man, truth hurts), but for he and his wife, I was like, "Oh who is such a cutie? You are! You are!"

I liked your post because I suspect you were an ugly baby

Considering I'm not fond of my own appearance, I probably was.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2016, 02:43 PM
"You're so ugly, when you were born the doctor slapped your mother!"
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-09-2016, 03:05 PM
How about anal bleaching?
26-09-2016, 04:03 PM
(26-09-2016 03:05 PM)KUSA Wrote:  How about anal leeching?

fixed Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-09-2016, 04:37 PM
(24-09-2016 01:19 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  "Ethnic" food.

Food is food. It isn't special or good just because of a recipe's origin.

In Panama at one point the largest chain of Chinese restaurants had their sign saying (in Spanish of course) Panamanian food cooked in the Chinese style." Supposedlysome people had had a problem with the idea of eating food that came all the way from China!
26-09-2016, 04:45 PM
(24-09-2016 09:55 AM)Leela Wrote:  So I refer to things that should be normal but somehow nowadays are seen as something special.

For example washing your hair infrequently.
It has come to the point where people find it normal to wash their hair once or twice A DAY which is ridiculous to me because hair really doesn't need that much washing.
I wash my hair once a week, or when it does get dirty in between I wash as needed. No one would be able to tell and no one actually cares but I have just seen two video recommendations on my youtube feed about people who tell you how to wash your hair only once a week.

Owning a low amount of stuff.
There are people who honestly make videos about how they don't own a lot of stuff and how that makes them feel so much better and whatnot.
Like sure, if you grew up super materialistic and all that has ever mattered to you is owning stuff and now you scale down and see how it doesn't actually bother you, it might be special for you. But not owning a lot of stuff in generally is not special in my opinion.

Drinking water
Yes ladies and gentlemen. For some reason that is a special thing as well and needs to be mentioned by tons of vloggers and health gurus. You gotta be kidding me. So how about we just fucking drink water without making a big deal of it... Just drink it, it's fine.

Walking
Again one of those things. In this culture that becomes more and more lazy, walking seems to become very special. I walk most of my ways (unless I use the bycicle) and I feel very unspecial about it. That's just how I move from A to B. But the amount of people that have been so surprised or weirded out that I don't own a car and only use the bus when I have to... Where is society going? (pun hah)...

You got any more things that are really not special?

I am retired and no longer have much stuff. I spend a few months here and a fe months there and the move on. I am leaving the Dominican Republic in 10 more days and everything i can take with me will fit in 2 checked bags of 50 lbs each and one carry on plus one personal item. I am leaving some stuff with a friend and there is a possibility that I will be back, but very possible that not. My great aunt when I was a child had very few possessions, she stayed with our family from Thanksgiving thru the New Year every year for 8 or 10 years until she died at age 82. We drove her from Minneapolis to Warrens Wisc where we delivered her to my mother's cousin for her next part of the year.
Yes I miss not having tools, but not a lot else.
26-09-2016, 04:56 PM
(26-09-2016 04:03 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 03:05 PM)KUSA Wrote:  How about anal leeching?

fixed Big Grin

It was an old time beauty secret to make the skin whiter. Who would have thought?

http://cassandmerlune.com/blog/2011/08/o...s-for.html
26-09-2016, 11:02 PM
(26-09-2016 04:45 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I am leaving the Dominican Republic in 10 more days and everything i can take with me will fit in 2 checked bags of 50 lbs each and one carry on plus one personal item.

If you don't mind my asking, where are you headed, and why?
27-09-2016, 05:17 AM
My list of normal stuff that is so special to me.

A toothbrush - seriously what would I use if I didn't have one ?

Buttons & zippers

Someone sincerely looking you in the eye and saying "Thank you"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results