[Image: atheist_a_acrylic_award-rf7e4741db2e14c1...f4cc94.jpg]

Cake and an award.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-11-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Normal thead, oh good.
(27-11-2013 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: atheist_a_acrylic_award-rf7e4741db2e14c1...f4cc94.jpg]

Cake and an award.

Way cool, finally someone who appreciates me. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Cool Atheist lifer hereWink
Do I get some sort of award? Thumbsup .....haha

*Edit, darn my post seemed alot more humorous before I saw that Anjele already offered an award to Dom* Weeping

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
27-11-2013, 06:12 PM
[Image: 6254f87798384cbbaa47d7e90e9dae16_zps4a70fba7.jpg]

Here ya go.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
27-11-2013, 06:13 PM
(27-11-2013 05:38 PM)iDoubter Wrote:  I have questions. Why did it take Seth so long to figure out that the Jesus stuff was bullshit? Why did I figure out that the religion thing was bullshit at 15 and he didn't? And I have other questions: why does he get to change sides and continue his gig in a non-Jesus freak market as if nothing happened? After contributing to spreading so much nonsense and superstition? Maybe the honorable thing after being the Tokyo Rose of Christian fundamentalism would be to shut up and fade away in shame?

Your resentment does not endear you to us. Are you just here to complain?

And, Ferdinand? Piss off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Oooo oooo is there an award for being a ballsy little shit and telling my middle school classmates that there is no god? Laughat
27-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Question for iDoubter...do you think that Seth used to be a televangelist or a radio evangelist or something?

27-11-2013, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 06:48 PM by Free Thought.)
(27-11-2013 05:38 PM)iDoubter Wrote:  I have questions. Why did it take Seth so long to figure out that the Jesus stuff was bullshit? Why did I figure out that the religion thing was bullshit at 15 and he didn't? And I have other questions: why does he get to change sides and continue his gig in a non-Jesus freak market as if nothing happened? After contributing to spreading so much nonsense and superstition? Maybe the honorable thing after being the Tokyo Rose of Christian fundamentalism would be to shut up and fade away in shame?

I suggest you read Seth's book: Deconverted: A Journey from Religion to Reason. Within he details the long process of his deconversion from his initial entrenching into the religion through heavy indoctrination to his various Christian Schools and jobs around the Oklahoma radio circuit and his eventual break from the faith after a long period of dissatisfaction with it.

He also details that he did not get to simply "change sides and continue his gig", he still works at the video production company he worked at prior but has on several occasions detailed frustrations with having to serve church clientele, as it is his job to do so; from what I heard, he was lucky that in Oklahoma when he properly came out that he wasn't fired, fortunately his bosses are apparently good people. The change was not quick, simple and clean, in any respect, professional, casual or family.

In addition to this, Seth continues his work under the TTA 'mask' as a speaker and video producer promoting free thoughts and reason as his 'penance' as Matt Dillahunty once described his own position; they both are working to reverse the damage they did.

Well, now that I have gone over this post with a fair degree of thoroughness, I dare say that nobody needs to reply to this thread again.

*Proviso: I say the above as I feel that collectively, this troll has been dealt with at the time of this post and prior and there is no point continuing on.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-11-2013, 06:32 PM
(27-11-2013 06:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  And, Ferdinand? Piss off.

Hug
27-11-2013, 06:33 PM
(27-11-2013 06:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I dare say that nobody needs to reply to this thread again.
I suddenly feel very oppressed... Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post