Poll: Do you think that Nordic gods are cooler?
Sure, they are kick-ass!
Nope, I'm stick with my mono-God
I own a hammer...
All gods suck
[Show Results]

Norse mythology is much cooler

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Norse mythology is much cooler
Recently I've discovered that Norse mythology is much cooler that any monotheistic mythology.
There are several gods, all of which are much more badass than Yahweh. Titans, elves, dwarves, dark elves, the whole thing is like an ancient Lord of the rings (not to mention that the phrase "Middle-earth" was stolen from Norse legends.)

The gods are not so much concerned with humans, they have their own issues, and battles. Unlike the anti-social and ever jealous monotheistic god. You can more respect a god who defeats titans than a one that needs 3 commandments just to satisfy his jealousy.

Also, in times of danger, who would you pray to? A normal guy who preached for 32 years and was pitifully nailed to a cross, or to a 3 meters tall ripped warrior with a freakin' hammer??

SO what so you think? are we converting, or what?Big Grin

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
RE: Norse mythology is much cooler
They recently released a very good documentary on the subject. It was really good but I didn't understand why Nathalie Portman was in it.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/norsereligion.html

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
10-06-2011, 12:58 PM
(10-06-2011 12:05 PM)Ghost Wrote:  They recently released a very good documentary on the subject. It was really good but I didn't understand why Nathalie Portman was in it.

Matt

[Image: Natalie-Portman-natalie-portman-9771209-300-400.jpg]

Question welcome to answered.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah, Norse Mythology is cool, and I'm not talking about Marvel Comics version of Thor Tongue, but still I prefer Greek Mythology over Norse Mythology hehe.

Peace

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
The Norse Gods kick the shit out of your feeble Greek Gods!

HOLY WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
10-06-2011, 04:56 PM
If it's got Natalie Portman in it I gotta watch..
10-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Ultimate badasses:

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
11-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Norse mythology has great metal bands, unlike any other Big Grin

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
11-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Exactly. Do Greek Gods have Viking death metal bands? I think not. And if they did, what would lame ass Athenian death metal be about? Smart people, taking ten years to defeat one measly city and wrestling naked? L4M3!

Matt