Poll: Do you think that Nordic gods are cooler?
Sure, they are kick-ass!
Nope, I'm stick with my mono-God
I own a hammer...
All gods suck
[Show Results]

Norse mythology is much cooler

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2011, 09:23 AM
RE: Norse mythology is much cooler
(10-06-2011 03:02 PM)Ghost Wrote:  The Norse Gods kick the shit out of your feeble Greek Gods!

HOLY WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come at me bro!
[Image: tumblr_kzkdtuRKUv1qz5pzpo1_r1_400.jpg]
I'm with the Greek. (They have better cuisine)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Haha! Gerard Butler is from Scotland and Scots bred extensively with Vikings meaning that your Greek hero is actually a Viking spy! Pwn! A sturdy mutton chop defeats your tzatziki-drenched spanikopita any day of the week! Your feeble Zeus is no match for the God of Thunder!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
11-06-2011, 11:03 AM
(11-06-2011 06:21 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Exactly. Do Greek Gods have Viking death metal bands? I think not. And if they did, what would lame ass Athenian death metal be about? Smart people, taking ten years to defeat one measly city and wrestling naked? L4M3!

Matt

There are tons:
http://www.metal-archives.com/search?sea...and_themes

Yet, nothing as popular as Amon Amarth and the Roman's of Ex Dio:

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2011, 11:48 AM
(11-06-2011 10:06 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Haha! Gerard Butler is from Scotland and Scots bred extensively with Vikings meaning that your Greek hero is actually a Viking spy! Pwn! A sturdy mutton chop defeats your tzatziki-drenched spanikopita any day of the week! Your feeble Zeus is no match for the God of Thunder!
Maybe you're right. Reindeer steak, beer, salmon and potatoes are better anyway. I'm capitulating!
Come at me bro!
[Image: viking_446.jpg]
Let's pillage abbey "ter duinen" like 1800 years ago.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
11-06-2011, 05:05 PM
HA! Paltry Roman Gods. Pale copies of the true Greek Gods. Join the Viking hoards, my recently converted Greek brother! Together we shall smite Jupiter and all of his bastard children! Let us wash over the land and purify it of the unclean Romans!

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
(11-06-2011 05:05 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Let us wash over the land and purify it of the unclean Romans!
Wait.. you mean, no more orgies?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
11-06-2011, 08:53 PM
This is the best thread ever.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2011, 11:14 PM

I remember that I was obsessed with Norse mythology in the 7th grade, especially Ragnarok. Good times, good times.

ODIN, the one true God.
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2011, 07:37 AM
(11-06-2011 05:22 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(11-06-2011 05:05 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Let us wash over the land and purify it of the unclean Romans!
Wait.. you mean, no more orgies?

ONLy orgies. That what's waiting in Valhalla. Battle, then drink, then meet pretty girls (ORGY!), then the cycle starts again. If you were killed, you would be revived. This as a practice for the ultimate battle that will come as the end of the world.

Problem is that you can only go to Valhalla if you were killed in a battle. You don't really get such opportunities nowadays in Europe. Confused

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine