North Carolina, ban on gay marriage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 08:56 AM
North Carolina, ban on gay marriage.
Yesterday, May 8th, Dumbfuckastan North Carolina passed a ban on Gay marriage. It made existing civil unions invalid. I searched everywhere. I am surprised no one has posted about this yet.

"A day after North Carolina became the latest state to approve a constitutional amendment defining marriage as solely between a man and a woman, opponents of the referendum are beginning Wednesday to explore their next options.
North Carolina voted Tuesday to outlaw same-sex marriage, which was already prohibited in the state. Supporters pushed for the constitutional amendment, arguing that it is needed to ward off future legal challenges.
Voters approved the amendment by a 61%-39% margin with all counties reporting, according to unofficial returns from the State Board of Elections."

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
09-05-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: North Carolina, ban on gay marriage.
I'm actually enjoying this.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't oppose gay marriage at all.

But I am enjoying the argument this stupidity has created. Someone, who knows who it was, decided to compare this to the by gone era when the same type of people were opposing black peoples rights in the same way.

It's genius. Seriously. It's exactly the same thing, and I'm glad it's becoming the focal point of this argument. It's much more difficult to hold your head high these days as a racist then it used to be. It's important to point out the similarities between the two situations. To make people feel some shame.

They will sit there until they are blue in the face telling you how different the situations are, but they will ultimately be proven wrong. And the egg will be on their faces. Time will eventually win the fight for gay rights. It's inevitable. And hopefully by pointing out how certain Americans used to oppose black rights in the same way, some Christians might see the fate of this argument in advance, and maybe just maybe change sides to save some face.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
09-05-2012, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 09:24 AM by germanyt.)
I was just reading it on CNN. I acutally feel a heavy heart this morning.
(09-05-2012 09:21 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm actually enjoying this.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't oppose gay marriage at all.

But I am enjoying the argument this stupidity has created. Someone, who knows who it was, decided to compare this to the by gone era when the same type of people were opposing black peoples rights in the same way.

It's genius. Seriously. It's exactly the same thing, and I'm glad it's becoming the focal point of this argument. It's much more difficult to hold your head high these days as a racist then it used to be. It's important to point out the similarities between the two situations. To make people feel some shame.

They will sit there until they are blue in the face telling you how different the situations are, but they will ultimately be proven wrong. And the egg will be on their faces. Time will eventually win the fight for gay rights. It's inevitable. And hopefully by pointing out how certain Americans used to oppose black rights in the same way, some Christians might see the fate of this argument in advance, and maybe just maybe change sides to save some face.
Sorry buddy but unfortunately it's not the same thing. Black people aren't an abomination according to God.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
09-05-2012, 09:28 AM
I was listening to the Diane Rehm show on this issue on the way to work this morning. I'm disappointed, and I truly don't understand how people still think that civil marriage can't include homosexual couples.

What other reason is there really to argue against gay marriage aside from children? And even that argument is a failure. There have been plenty of cases where a child raised by a same-sex
couple turned out very well; and an extraordinary number of cases where
children raised in a traditional marriage situation turned out to be
horrible people. Personally, I don't think the sex of the parents matters at all, it's the quality of people they are that matters, plus genetics of the biological parents plays a role.

One of the guests on the Diane Rehm show points out that polls show that a majority of people feel that homosexual people should be accepted into society even more, while at the same time a majority of people still stand against same-sex marriage. Why is this? I don't get it at all. It's baffling.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
09-05-2012, 09:30 AM
OMG WHY IS THIS A FREAKIN' ISSUE???

Seriously religious people... it's a violation of civil rights... gays aren't ruining the sanctity of marriage when 60% of straight marriages end in divorce. You hypocrites are ruining the sanctity of marriage far worse than any gay person could.

Besides, marriage isn't a religious institution anymore.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
09-05-2012, 09:32 AM
(09-05-2012 09:21 AM)lucradis Wrote:  But I am enjoying the argument this stupidity has created. Someone, who knows who it was, decided to compare this to the by gone era when the same type of people were opposing black peoples rights in the same way.

This exact point came up in the discussion on the Diane Rehm show too. I linked to it in my last post for anyone interested. The defender of this amendment on the show lamented how they are apples and oranges and how it is terrible that we're heading that way. Can't wait until it's the same.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
09-05-2012, 09:57 AM
You're right GT, black people aren't an abomination of god. Only Christians hold that title.

Oh and Koala bears.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
(09-05-2012 09:57 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You're right GT, black people aren't an abomination of god. Only Christians hold that title.

Oh and Koala bears.
Funny thing too, I thought Christians believed that God created man in his image and we are all children of God. That's why they insist that homosexuality is a choice. It makes it easy for them to blame the individual under the illusion of free will.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
(09-05-2012 11:09 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 09:57 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You're right GT, black people aren't an abomination of god. Only Christians hold that title.

Oh and Koala bears.
Funny thing too, I thought Christians believed that God created man in his image and we are all children of God. That's why they insist that homosexuality is a choice. It makes it easy for them to blame the individual under the illusion of free will.
Don't even get me started on this. You know what I believe...

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I can't remember if I saw this video here, but this is a speech based on being raised by gay parents. This guy set the bar high for the any retort.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Laughtable North Korean Drones The Germans are coming 22 455 04-04-2014 01:51 PM
Last Post: War Horse
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 502 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage? veitstoss 152 3,528 13-01-2014 07:26 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Gay marriage argument over xmas. Am I mad? PatThePoltergeist 24 738 01-01-2014 11:45 PM
Last Post: PatThePoltergeist
  STOP Government Marriage!!! T.H. 60 1,672 17-07-2013 11:29 AM
Last Post: Koolay
  The Secular Case Against Gay Marriage: Is there one? TwoCultSurvivor 49 2,097 02-07-2013 03:20 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  how to change 37 states to accept same sex marriage Bows and Arrows 11 559 27-06-2013 05:56 PM
Last Post: BryanS