North Carolina, ban on gay marriage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 11:36 AM by kim.)
RE: North Carolina, ban on gay marriage.
(09-05-2012 09:57 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You're right GT, black people aren't an abomination of god. Only Christians hold that title.

Oh and Koala bears.
You take that back. Sad

Koala bears are not abominations.... they have cute little bottoms. "abominations / little bottoms"; I'm pretty sure you just incorrectly overheard someones' conversation.
Then again... misunderstanding shit is what bible thumpers and this banning shit have in common.

Why can't people just be happy to be alive, happy that other people are alive, and shut the fuck up? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 11:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Two steps forward, one step back.

I know it's no comfort to those involved with this, but remember .. "forest for the trees". It really makes no difference what the idiots in this state do, or how the Katholic Kourt, (SCOTUS), decides the Prop 8 case. The cat is out of the bag. There is NO WAY human attitudes will ever return to what they were in the "good ole days". As the old farts die off, and younger people take over, this will resolve, positively. The world is laughing at the US. Science, (both Bioliogy and Sociology), have PROVEN that sexual orientation is NOT a choice, (thus this IS a violation of Equal Rights, to say nothing of flauting the Declaration of Independence, 'all men are created equal' ..), AND that same sex families are NO threat to opposite sex marriage. The REAL threat to marriage, is that young people, straight or gay, are, statistically proven, to be no longer interested AT ALL, in it, either way. Children in same sex unions are not any different than opposite sex unions, and there is abundant proof of it. This IS about ignorance and fear. It's attempt to turn back the clock, and live in the past. It just ain't ever gonna happen. Look how FAR things have come in just the last 100 years...from not being even able to speak of it, to dancing together at Studio One.

There will be temporary set-backs along the way. Minnesota "might" do the same thing in the Fall. They might not. The fact that their Archbishop is leading the fight in that State against equal rights, just makes him more of an anachronism, (but a reasonable one .. if this goes, the house of cards goes too .. "natural law" etc..he DOES understand what's at stake).

Will this give my big sister health insurance ? No. But it IS incentive to keep up the fight.

Excuse me. I have to go to lunch at the neighbors. (They play on Big Ten teams, and have been madly in love, ever since I introduced them.) Tongue

Just remember what happened at the end of our (California) Court of Appeals Decision on Prop 8.

Judge to Plaintiff attorney : "How exactly does same sex marriage threaten traditional marriage ?"

(After 9 months of expert testimony, and millions of dollars spent opposing equal rights) ...

Plaintiff Attorney : "I don't know".

The end.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Here's what it looked like for North Carolina in 1875.
Notice how they didn't just want to dick around with just the guy standing in front of them... descent to the third generation inclusive, are hereby forever prohibited.

Evil runs deep in the South.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
09-05-2012, 03:10 PM
[Image: sack043012.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-05-2012, 03:21 PM
(09-05-2012 03:00 PM)kim Wrote:  Evil runs deep in the South.

And holy shit what a bunch of assholes. The frikken *secretary of state* got off his majestic bottom to sign that filth. Why can't people live and let live and not *bloody well* meddle in other people's affairs?
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Here's what really gets me. The most common "argument" against gay marriage, and gay people's rights in general, is that being gay is a choice. Ok, for the sake of argument, say that it is. These same people will tell you that the A-Number-One-Greatest thing about the U.S. is our freedom. They'll scream it from the rooftops, they'll say our freedom is the reason all the other countries hate us, so on and so forth... freedom, FREEDOM!

...but you don't have the freedom to choose to be gay and still have the rights of every other consenting adult in the country.

What.The.Fuck.

But far be it for conservative Christians to follow any sort of logic, even when it's their own.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
[+] 2 users Like TheSixthGlass's post
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM
(09-05-2012 08:56 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
Yesterday, May 8th, Dumbfuckastan North Carolina passed a ban on Gay marriage. It made existing civil unions invalid. I searched everywhere. I am surprised no one has posted about this yet.

"A day after North Carolina became the latest state to approve a constitutional amendment defining marriage as solely between a man and a woman, opponents of the referendum are beginning Wednesday to explore their next options.
North Carolina voted Tuesday to outlaw same-sex marriage, which was already prohibited in the state. Supporters pushed for the constitutional amendment, arguing that it is needed to ward off future legal challenges.
Voters approved the amendment by a 61%-39% margin with all counties reporting, according to unofficial returns from the State Board of Elections."

I saw that. Congratulations to the conservative voters of NC, Cali and other places where these bans passed. You just wasted several hundred million dollars to postpone the enviable by 5-10 years.

Also, if anyone knows, I'd like to find out how much money the LDS church spent to bankroll this shitty little amendment. I detect their slimy little presence lurking in the shadows, pulling the strings through some AstroTurf organization they set up there.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Seriously what the fuck is wrong with fucking people in your god damn country??!?

"Land of the free", ha! don't kid yourselves..

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-05-2012, 08:11 PM
(10-05-2012 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Seriously what the fuck is wrong with fucking people in your god damn country??!?

"Land of the free", ha! don't kid yourselves..

To the average conservative fundie, freedom is a concept that allows them to think however they want, NOT however you want.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-05-2012, 10:59 PM
(09-05-2012 09:56 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  Here's what really gets me. The most common "argument" against gay marriage, and gay people's rights in general, is that being gay is a choice. Ok, for the sake of argument, say that it is. These same people will tell you that the A-Number-One-Greatest thing about the U.S. is our freedom. They'll scream it from the rooftops, they'll say our freedom is the reason all the other countries hate us, so on and so forth... freedom, FREEDOM!

...but you don't have the freedom to choose to be gay and still have the rights of every other consenting adult in the country.

What.The.Fuck.

But far be it for conservative Christians to follow any sort of logic, even when it's their own.
As a man who has been gay since birth, I can say with certainty I wasn't given the choice.

That said, Christian Conservatives cry about liberty and rights..., so long as everyone lines up behind their idea of what liberty and rights are. Step outside the bounds? Fuck you.

Justin

"What religion am I? Well, I'm a practicing none of your ******* business." Ron Swanson
[+] 2 users Like Justin's post