North Carolina, ban on gay marriage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 05:54 PM
RE: North Carolina, ban on gay marriage.
(14-05-2012 03:30 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(11-05-2012 03:21 PM)Diablo Wrote:  There is too much talk about this whole gay issue going on. The more often people hear stuff, the more they think about it, and the more they believe it.

Now every other kid you talk to thinks they might be gay.
Its getting out of hand.

Are you serious with this? Do you think if everyone just shuts up about homosexuality it will go away or something?

Huh
That would run so counter to the "gay agenda" - you know the one, keep "talking" about it until everyone is gay... Laughat

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
14-05-2012, 07:45 PM
You know, that's a really good point Kim. I can see how people can want to just find any reason to say or do something and not think about the consequences of their actions or how it affects others. The entire conversation I had with her was defensive and deflective, she spent more time justifying with "It's just what I believe" than getting to the core of it. Perhaps that is because at the core of the issue, she realizes she would have to actually consider things, think about them, consider the consequences her decisions have on others.

She has always been defensive and deflective. She usually cools down and thinks about things and either apologizes or she'll think about it and reflect on things. But when it comes to religion, she's unwilling to budge. I don't think she realizes you can be religious and not be a bigot and not be a douchebag that drastically affects the lives of others (I've met those Christians, they do exist). Doesn't mean I still agree with their beliefs, but those are the types of people that aren't out on an agenda to slap their book down on the lives of people to tell them what to do.

It drives me nuts to hear people say: "Well the founding fathers were all christians." without looking at them and actually doing their research, just listening to a pastor and not actually checking to see if that's a fact (and it isn't). It also bothers me when they say stuff is harmful without doing their research, and instead listening to a pastor or what everyone else says.

Go with the floooooow I guess is how it seems those types do it. If everyone else wants to hate and be mad, it's easier to be hateful and mad since at least you can agree on it and then you don't have to feel bad.. after all it wasn't just you, it was everyone and it was "jesus"...

I'm still bothered by the conversation I had with her. I still want to talk to her about it. Just not sure how to go about it since it felt like a total bombed movie in a theatre, you had a great expectation of someone you know and then your expectation was shattered and completely obliterated by the realization that the person you know is a hateful, bigoted person who is just as prejudice as the people who told others they should be hated by the color of their skin.

Undecided

I'm in sort of a "bleh" mood today.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
12-06-2012, 01:53 AM
I just found one gem, a jewel of all jewels...

[Image: Image_2437.jpg&width=600]

I think this picture says it all...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Reminds me of...

[Image: tumblr_m4tft2MiEG1qzma4ho1_1280.jpg]

Exact same issue, new generation of bigots.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
12-06-2012, 07:33 AM
(12-06-2012 01:53 AM)Filox Wrote:  I just found one gem, a jewel of all jewels...

[Image: Image_2437.jpg&width=600]

I think this picture says it all...

For once, Louisiana has nothing to do with anything.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh God Satan crap, this reminds me of the time I was still a Christian. Back then I was opposing gay marriage as well, claiming that "It's not natural [...] God made us this way so that man and women can get together. We don't see gay animals in nature too, do we?". This is one of the many reasons that I'm happy about having abandoned religion.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-06-2012, 08:15 AM
I just cannot understand people that think sexuality is a choice. I never chose to be attracted to women, I just am. As Vosur said above we see homosexuality in nature. Why would some choose to be harassed, discriminated against and in some instances assaulted? I have gay and lesbian friends an not one just chose to be that way to tick people off.

Anyone that does think this is just a choice please expalin to me why you do.

This ignorance would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Can you form USA confirm to me that that picture I posted is true? There are only 5 states in the US that allow gay marriage and California is not one of them?? This is a bit strange, I thought USA was more gay friendly, specially California... 23 of them allow cousin marriage.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
13-06-2012, 11:08 PM
(13-06-2012 05:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  Can you form USA confirm to me that that picture I posted is true? There are only 5 states in the US that allow gay marriage and California is not one of them?? This is a bit strange, I thought USA was more gay friendly, specially California... 23 of them allow cousin marriage.

The chart you posted is somewhat out of date. There are now six states in the U.S. that allow same-sex marriage: New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York (all contiguous in the Northeast) and Iowa, along with Washington DC, which is not a state. Lots of good information here.

The situation in California, where I live, is complicated. For several months in 2008, same-sex marriage was legal. During that time my partner and I got married. Then on Nov. 5 the voters of California, in the infamous Proposition 8 (a "ballot initiative"), ended same-sex marriage here by changing the California Constitution to define marriage as between one man and one woman. However, the 18,000 same-sex couples who married during the brief "open window" are still considered married--in California. At this point, the ban on same-sex marriage has been declared unconstitutional by a federal court, and the ruling was upheld by an appeals court. This dramatization of the court proceedings, taken largely from the actual court transcripts and with the participation of about half of Hollywood, is worth watching:

The Federal government, on the other hand, does not recognize same-sex marriage at all, due to the passage of DOMA, the so-called "Defense of Marriage Act," during the Clinton administration.

Same-sex marriage in the U.S. is going to happen. All you need to do is look at the demographics: young people are overwhelmingly in favor of it. So it's just a matter of time. What's not clear is how much time it's going to take.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
14-06-2012, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 11:34 PM by Mr Woof.)
(11-05-2012 03:21 PM)Diablo Wrote:  There is too much talk about this whole gay issue going on. The more often people hear stuff, the more they think about it, and the more they believe it.

Now every other kid you talk to thinks they might be gay.
Its getting out of hand.
I think that the gay issue may enter areas that aren't considered adequately.
In some cases borderline people may well be opted into getting conscripted.
Quite a lot of folk opt for bisexuality.........things could get complicated.
Its not all completely clear cut.
Heterosexual marriage does involve a potentially aesthetic/ hygienic alliance, not that homosexuality need not also be such.
Perhaps genuine legal gay union needs a name other than marriage...................