North Carolina wants state religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 08:28 AM
North Carolina wants state religion
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/03/north_ca..._religion/

It's getting harder for me to convince myself the GOP doesn't want a theocracy.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Wolf Bird's post
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: North Carolina wants state religion
(03-04-2013 08:28 AM)Wolf Bird Wrote:  http://www.salon.com/2013/04/03/north_ca..._religion/

It's getting harder for me to convince myself the GOP doesn't want a theocracy.

Heh I was just about to start a thread about this. So these politicians are either retarded or so 2-faced as to be damn near inhuman. If they think for 1 second this law would ever be enacted they are batshit crazy (not putting it past the party of Michelle Bachman) it would be challanged and overturned in any court and every court for as long as they feel like wasting taxpayer money to pursue it. Now if its just a hallow cynical ploy to apease a base that's almost as bad.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
If that bill passes, where do I go to vote North Carolina out of the Union?

[Image: ae1n9c.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
03-04-2013, 08:37 AM
State + Religion ?

What about the "Give to the emperor the things that are the emperor's, and to God the things that are God's" thing?

No good anymore?

Oh I forgot all about the Pope thing. I guess they will be pretty good at explaining theocracy as democracy.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
03-04-2013, 08:43 AM
It's getting harder for me to understand how, when people see the useless, inane things politicians spend their time doing, anyone can still believe that government serves any useful function whatever.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
03-04-2013, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 09:23 AM by yumeji.)
My problem with this is it being entered on April 1st, so that tends to make me cautious. At the same time, people really are this stupid... so who knows at this point.

With this, and Bill O'Reilly actually saying something I agree with, I am not sure whats going on.

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like yumeji's post
03-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Re: RE: North Carolina wants state religion
(03-04-2013 08:43 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  It's getting harder for me to understand how, when people see the useless, inane things politicians spend their time doing, anyone can still believe that government serves any useful function whatever.

Because people aren't base their idea of governments based on a fallacy of composition. With many flaws, the part still In that case doesn't describe the whole.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-04-2013, 12:19 PM
(03-04-2013 08:43 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  It's getting harder for me to understand how, when people see the useless, inane things politicians spend their time doing, anyone can still believe that government serves any useful function whatever.

Because it is still better than any of the alternatives.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
(03-04-2013 08:36 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  If that bill passes, where do I go to vote North Carolina out of the Union?

Its not going to pass and and even if it did, the courts would strike it down as unconstitutional befor the ink dries on it.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
(03-04-2013 12:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Because it is still better than any of the alternatives.

[Image: Statism.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user