North Carolina wants state religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: North Carolina wants state religion
(03-04-2013 05:01 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 12:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Because it is still better than any of the alternatives.

[Image: Statism.jpg]

Oh, give me a fucking break.

We have a state because there is no actual alternative. What we need to do is make it work well.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
(03-04-2013 05:01 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 12:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Because it is still better than any of the alternatives.

[Image: Statism.jpg]

Anarchy in action [Image: acd21258b6346a18fd0e6a706700b026.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2013, 05:26 PM
(03-04-2013 09:19 AM)yumeji Wrote:  My problem with this is it being entered on April 1st, so that tends to make me cautious. At the same time, people really are this stupid... so who knows at this point.

With this, and Bill O'Reilly actually saying something I agree with, I am not sure whats going on.

Bill Reilly said that? Is this some sort of April fools?
I suppose the guy might be conservative but he's not stupid.
Bravo Bill.

Also I think people are mistaking government and politics.
The later is stupid and can easily be solved with a dictatorship. The prier is essential.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
WTAF?!

The article (if this is for real) doesn't say "which" religion is to be adopted as the official state religion. One of the christian variety I assume? Does this mean that the 10 commandments become law? What about Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Exodus and the rest of the Old Testament? Is that to be enshrined in state law as well? How will this affect the shrimp and crab fisheries? Does this mean Bubba is now required by law to beat his wives? Well, I suppose that the stonings will bring in some additional revenue for the state but Sundays in NC are going to be really dull.

Please tell me this is an April Fool joke.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
03-04-2013, 05:42 PM
It's a shame the U.S. countryside and demagraphics aren't the same as they were right after the Civil War. Attention all religious assholes: Go west....PLEASE F.F.S. go to Utah, or Idaho, or anywhere else west of me, JUST GO!!!

03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
(03-04-2013 05:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Anarchy in action

Those two are Occupy Oakland supporter. The Occupy movement is a very obviously statist group of people who are demanding that the state point its guns at more people. They are not anarchists by any stretch of the imagination. The few protestors who run around wearing balaclavas and calling themselves anarchists are just as confused about the word anarchy as you are.

Anarchy means no rulers. Nothing more. You practice anarchy in your life every day if you:
Ask your boss for a raise instead of pointing guns at him or threatening to kidnap his kids.

Ask a woman/man on a date rather than chloroforming one and keeping him/her in your basement.

Actually pay for the groceries you pick up at the local market.

Negotiate with a salesman over the price of a new car.

Of course, there are many, many other things we all do in our day to day lives that are anarchistic in nature. In fact, everything we do that doesn't involve the initiation of force against others is anarchic.

This is how anarcho capitalists solve problems:

[Image: win_win_negotiation.jpg]

This is how statists solve problems:

[Image: o22_14018985.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-04-2013, 06:14 PM
(03-04-2013 06:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 05:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Anarchy in action

Those two are Occupy Oakland supporter. The Occupy movement is a very obviously statist group of people who are demanding that the state point its guns at more people. They are not anarchists by any stretch of the imagination. The few protestors who run around wearing balaclavas and calling themselves anarchists are just as confused about the word anarchy as you are.

Anarchy means no rulers. Nothing more. You practice anarchy in your life every day if you:
Ask your boss for a raise instead of pointing guns at him or threatening to kidnap his kids.

Ask a woman/man on a date rather than chloroforming one and keeping him/her in your basement.

Of course, there are many, many other things we all do in our day to day lives that are anarchistic in nature. In fact, everything we do that doesn't involve the initiation of force against others is anarchic.

Definition of ANARCHY

a : absence of government
b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority
c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
a : absence or denial of any authority or established order
b : absence of order : disorder <not manicured plots but a wild anarchy of nature>

I was using definitions 1 A & B you use definition 1 C which I contend is at best a fiction and in reality just leads to the first person with a gun killing anyone in their way. Also as such your pictures are not Anarchy since they occure in a state which has enforced Law & Order thus nulifing your statement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2013, 06:26 PM
(03-04-2013 06:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Those two are Occupy Oakland supporter. The Occupy movement is a very obviously statist group of people who are demanding that the state point its guns at more people. They are not anarchists by any stretch of the imagination. The few protestors who run around wearing balaclavas and calling themselves anarchists are just as confused about the word anarchy as you are.

Definition of ANARCHY

b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority
c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
b : absence of order : disorder <not manicured plots but a wild anarchy of nature>

I was using definitions 1 A & B you use definition 1 C which I contend is at best a fiction and in reality just leads to the first person with a gun killing anyone in their way. Also as such your pictures are not Anarchy since they occure in a state which has enforced Law & Order thus nulifing your statement.

I'm fine with 1A. It's the original meaning of the term, as you can see here:
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=anarchy

"Also as such your pictures are not Anarchy since they occure in a state which has enforced Law & Order thus nulifing your statement."

Right. And child molestation doesn't actually happen, because there are laws against it.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
(03-04-2013 06:26 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Definition of ANARCHY

I'm fine with 1A. It's the original meaning of the term, as you can see here:
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=anarchy

"Also as such your pictures are not Anarchy since they occure in a state which has enforced Law & Order thus nulifing your statement."

Right. And child molestation doesn't actually happen, because there are laws against it.

No but the open sale of children doesn't because of laws against them. I do not claim that the current state is perfect, it is far from. However I do contend that Law and Order is preferable to chaos.

03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
(03-04-2013 06:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No but the open sale of children doesn't because of laws against them. I do not claim that the current state is perfect, it is far from. However I do contend that Law and Order is preferable to chaos.

Depends on how you define "open".

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume