North Carolina wants state religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: North Carolina wants state religion
(03-04-2013 06:38 PM)Heathen Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No but the open sale of children doesn't because of laws against them. I do not claim that the current state is perfect, it is far from. However I do contend that Law and Order is preferable to chaos.

Depends on how you define "open".

Open as opposed to hidden. Last case I remember hearing about was a mother on craigslist it ended with her in handcuffs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM
(03-04-2013 06:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:26 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I'm fine with 1A. It's the original meaning of the term, as you can see here:
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=anarchy

"Also as such your pictures are not Anarchy since they occure in a state which has enforced Law & Order thus nulifing your statement."

Right. And child molestation doesn't actually happen, because there are laws against it.

No but the open sale of children doesn't because of laws against them. I do not claim that the current state is perfect, it is far from. However I do contend that Law and Order is preferable to chaos.

Let's see.... when the state borrows money, it is collateralized with the labor of future generations.

That's just about as open a sale as one could ask for.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2013, 06:58 PM
(03-04-2013 06:48 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No but the open sale of children doesn't because of laws against them. I do not claim that the current state is perfect, it is far from. However I do contend that Law and Order is preferable to chaos.

Let's see.... when the state borrows money, it is collateralized with the labor of future generations.

And anyone that profits from that sale is implicity guilty if thats your view. So if you use anything paid for by the government you are part of the problem. BTW the internet is an extension of a government funded program.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2013, 07:16 PM
(03-04-2013 06:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:48 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Let's see.... when the state borrows money, it is collateralized with the labor of future generations.

And anyone that profits from that sale is implicity guilty if thats your view. So if you use anything paid for by the government you are part of the problem. BTW the internet is an extension of a government funded program.

If we apply your logic consistently, then a slave is guilty of promoting slavery if he eats the food his master provides him. Likewise, an abused wife is condoning the beatings she receives when she sleeps in the bed her abuser bought, and in the house he is paying for.

In reality, I don't have any choice but to drive on the roads that were paid for through theft. I don't have any choice but to use the fiat currency that the state provides, because if I attempt to use a currency the state doesn't like, I get put in a cage.

And yes, I could move to another tax farm and be subjected to the arbitrary rule of another group of sociopaths... if I complete all the proper forms, pay a ransom to the state for my body and agree to continue to send them a portion of the fruits of my labor for as long as I earn.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-04-2013, 07:30 PM
(03-04-2013 07:16 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And anyone that profits from that sale is implicity guilty if thats your view. So if you use anything paid for by the government you are part of the problem. BTW the internet is an extension of a government funded program.

If we apply your logic consistently, then a slave is guilty of promoting slavery if he eats the food his master provides him. Likewise, an abused wife is condoning the beatings she receives when she sleeps in the bed her abuser bought, and in the house he is paying for.

In reality, I don't have any choice but to drive on the roads that were paid for through theft. I don't have any choice but to use the fiat currency that the state provides, because if I attempt to use a currency the state doesn't like, I get put in a cage.

And yes, I could move to another tax farm and be subjected to the arbitrary rule of another group of sociopaths... if I complete all the proper forms, pay a ransom to the state for my body and agree to continue to send them a portion of the fruits of my labor for as long as I earn.

As to your opening point yes they are implicity accepting the situation. Each has made a choice that accepting the benefits and disadvantages are better than the alternatives. You even stated the results of not accepting your situation is less diserable than accepting it thus you implicitly give your aproval to the situation.

As to your larger point yes I am aware of that but you would be suprised at the number of people who whitewash over all the government assistance they actualy recive.

03-04-2013, 07:34 PM
(03-04-2013 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:16 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  If we apply your logic consistently, then a slave is guilty of promoting slavery if he eats the food his master provides him. Likewise, an abused wife is condoning the beatings she receives when she sleeps in the bed her abuser bought, and in the house he is paying for.

As to your opening point yes they are implicity accepting the situation. Each has made a choice that accepting the benefits and disadvantages are better than the alternatives. You even stated the results of not accepting your situation is less diserable than accepting it thus you implicitly give your aproval to the situation.

As to your larger point yes I am aware of that but you would be suprised at the number of people who whitewash over all the government assistance they actualy recive.

There is no choice in coercion.

03-04-2013, 07:45 PM
(03-04-2013 07:34 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As to your opening point yes they are implicity accepting the situation. Each has made a choice that accepting the benefits and disadvantages are better than the alternatives. You even stated the results of not accepting your situation is less diserable than accepting it thus you implicitly give your aproval to the situation.

There is no choice in coercion.

There is always a choice it's just not always a good choice.

03-04-2013, 07:52 PM
(03-04-2013 07:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:34 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  There is no choice in coercion.

There is always a choice it's just not always a good choice.

Well since we're splitting hairs... the abused wife does have a choice. The slave and, the abused child, have none. And if you consider suicide a choice, I've no interest in continuing this conversation.

03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
(03-04-2013 07:52 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is always a choice it's just not always a good choice.

Well since we're splitting hairs... the abused wife does have a choice. The slave and, the abused child, have none. And if you consider suicide a choice, I've no interest in continuing this conversation.

I'll grant you the abused child has no real option. Without a time and place for the slavery (it varied by era and location) it is too nebulose to argue. If your reffering to American style slavery then they had the option to run, as a large number did.

03-04-2013, 08:11 PM
(03-04-2013 06:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  This is how anarcho capitalists solve problems:

http://www.businesscoaching.com/wp-conte...iation.jpg

This is how statists solve problems:

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocu...018985.jpg

I like this one better Smile

[Image: want-govt.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post