North Dakota Waterpark Fun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: North Dakota Waterpark Fun
(22-11-2016 09:59 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  The thing is, it wasn't a riot. It was a peaceful protest before the tear gas and water cannons started.

People usually don't gather in large numbers to protest anything out here, so in that way its kind of like a riot as in something wild. Especially not during the winter. These guys most likely won't make it past January before the weather drives them out. Unless they get campers.

Do you even read anything? Fucking google it

If you sincerely don't want people to think you're a troll and take you seriously, don't behave like one.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2016, 10:03 PM
(22-11-2016 09:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  The thing is, it wasn't a riot. It was a peaceful protest before the tear gas and water cannons started.

They've never perpetrated any violence. That's what makes what happened so fucked up.

No. What makes it unbelievable is that they even had water guns and rubber bullets.

That's unbelievable. You really don't know how mellow we are out here, even a baton would've been overkill. well except for some of the natives who live in extreme poverty, but they have a reason to be angrier than most. (i also don't think they're on the fluoride)

(22-11-2016 10:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:59 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  People usually don't gather in large numbers to protest anything out here, so in that way its kind of like a riot as in something wild. Especially not during the winter. These guys most likely won't make it past January before the weather drives them out. Unless they get campers.

Do you even read anything? Fucking google it

If you sincerely don't want people to think you're a troll and take you seriously, don't behave like one.

Dodgy

Mom, I live in South Dakota I think I know a thing or two about the people in my immediate vicinity, I also know that I never heard this on the news.
22-11-2016, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2016 11:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-11-2016 09:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Here is the thing. This pipeline runs through private property. 99% of it is on private property from what I hear. The "protestors" are trespassing in a lot of cases. Would you want a bunch of people on your property? If the property owners call the police, the cops are DUTY BOUND to remove trespassers.

Pretty sure the land in question is owned by the Corps of Engineers. You know like the land Cliven "Let me tell you about the negro" Bundy tried to seize was owned by the Bureau of Land Management.

(22-11-2016 09:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The law is the law.

If you mean selectively enforced based on the color of one's skin then yes.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-11-2016, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2016 11:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-11-2016 10:03 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Mom, I live in South Dakota I think I know a thing or two about the people in my immediate vicinity, I also know that I never heard this on the news.

That's pretty much the point. Outrage seems to be reserved for old white racists and their bird hating kids.

#sigh
22-11-2016, 11:24 PM
(22-11-2016 11:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Here is the thing. This pipeline runs through private property. 99% of it is on private property from what I hear. The "protestors" are trespassing in a lot of cases. Would you want a bunch of people on your property? If the property owners call the police, the cops are DUTY BOUND to remove trespassers.

Pretty sure the land in question is owned by the Corps of Engineers. You know like the land Cliven "Let me tell you about the negro" Bundy tried to seize was owned by the Bureau of Land Management.

(22-11-2016 09:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The law is the law.

I don't think you are right. I've looked into it and everything I've read says the pipeline is mostly on privately owned ranch land. These people are trespassing.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-11-2016, 11:30 PM
(22-11-2016 11:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 10:03 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Mom, I live in South Dakota I think I know a thing or two about the people in my immediate vicinity, I also know that I never heard this on the news.

That's pretty much the point. Outrage seems to be reserved for old white racists and their bird hating kids.

Yeah, its pretty easy to control the local news channel when there's only one channel for it.
22-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Regardless of how one views this situation as a whole, that was a very one sided video that simply didn't tell the whole story as it pertained to the use of water. The elder of Red Warrior Camp, from where the 400 or so protesters attempted to overtake blockades at the bridge in question, has stated that rioting was instigated by 8 protesters and he has also stated his wish for them to remove themselves, acknowledging the hypocrisy of wanting to hold the police accountable for their actions while not holding protesters who become violent or aggressive accountable for their actions.

'Murican Canadian
22-11-2016, 11:39 PM
(22-11-2016 11:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Regardless of how one views this situation as a whole, that was a very one sided video that simply didn't tell the whole story as it pertained to the use of water. The elder of Red Warrior Camp, from where the 400 or so protesters attempted to overtake blockades at the bridge in question, has stated that rioting was instigated by 8 protesters and he has also stated his wish for them to remove themselves, acknowledging the hypocrisy of wanting to hold the police accountable for their actions while not holding protesters who become violent or aggressive accountable for their actions.

We always hold the police to a higher accord than we do for everyone else, that is the way it should be, and that is the way it should stay.

They're responsible for the protection of the people, enforcing the law is secondary to that.
22-11-2016, 11:41 PM
(22-11-2016 09:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
Where are the Oathkeepers when you need them?

Well, there is at least one.

(22-11-2016 09:41 PM)pablo Wrote:  Someone on FB was showing this live last night.
It's really unbelievable that something hasn't been done to stop this horrendous treatment.

I find it very believable given the level of apathy with which this event is treated just on TTA (and aren't we supposed to be the enlightened ones?).

Corporations as government = fascism. History shows how people can be sent to sleep by the propaganda... enter, stage right, Lord Dark Helmet.

(22-11-2016 09:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Here is the thing. This pipeline runs through private property. 99% of it is on private property from what I hear.

(22-11-2016 09:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
The "protestors" are trespassing in a lot of cases. Would you want a bunch of people on your property? If the property owners call the police, the cops are DUTY BOUND to remove trespassers.

Or ... the "protectors" are defending their land and water.

It's all about framing, isn't it?

Why is the corprocracy trespassing on unceded Native American land?

From 2:20 - 13:35 ...

(22-11-2016 09:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
The law is the law.

Yup. The law of "might is right!"

Dodgy

Oh, and, if anyone thinks this isn't their problem but wonder why their health insurance payments keep going up...

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
22-11-2016, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2016 12:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
(22-11-2016 11:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 11:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pretty sure the land in question is owned by the Corps of Engineers. You know like the land Cliven "Let me tell you about the negro" Bundy tried to seize was owned by the Bureau of Land Management.

I don't think you are right. I've looked into it and everything I've read says the pipeline is mostly on privately owned ranch land. These people are trespassing.

"Mostly"? Can't go no further without Corps of Engineers permission.Army Corps of Engineers Says Pipeline Construction Can't Continue Without Tribe Input They could've just sent it through 10 miles north of Bismarck like their original plan called for and avoided this whole fiasco but that's upstream from white people's water and they wasn't having none of it.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post