North Dakota Waterpark Fun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: North Dakota Waterpark Fun
(23-11-2016 02:09 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 12:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's not a fucking word.

It's redundant....

Cool story. But not actually true. It's dialect. It's slang at worst. But it's a word found in Webster's dictionary.

True, but there are other words in the dictionary that shouldn't be. That said, the word is a double negative and never considered as proper.

Unless you're really Tony Soprano and trying to sound intelligent.

Also, I don't care where the protests are happening, people have the right.

Not all ranchers want them gone either. There are a few who don't care in the least they're there. Some are also concerned about the water supply. The state took land from them to create an easement for the pipeline.

Also, from what I've gathered the permits for the pipeline expire in December, which is also why the oil company has put out a huge astroturf to sway some (like yourself) away from real issues.

Like the fact when the native peoples were moved from their land onto reseverations they were assured their former land wouldn't be fucked with.

Because yes, their ansestors are buried there.

While our friend in South Dakota might woefully uninformed about this travesty, the rest of the world is watching and can't believe any state authority would be pulling this shit in the 21st century.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2016, 01:37 PM
(23-11-2016 01:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 02:09 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Cool story. But not actually true. It's dialect. It's slang at worst. But it's a word found in Webster's dictionary.

True, but there are other words in the dictionary that shouldn't be. That said, the word is a double negative and never considered as proper.

They usually mean "irrespective" when they use "irregardless".

(23-11-2016 01:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While our friend in South Dakota might woefully uninformed about this travesty, ...

They spell "grammar" differently there too.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-11-2016, 02:14 PM
(23-11-2016 02:12 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 02:09 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Cool story. But not actually true. It's dialect. It's slang at worst. But it's a word found in Webster's dictionary.

Still, what I wrote is correct. Attack my ussage of IRREGARDLESS all you want. The fact is, the majority of these protests are occurring on private property. The owners of these properties have the right to demad the cops remove the protesters by any means necessary.

Lord Dark Helmet, I for one believe that proper grammer is necessary to have a meaningful discussion.

And I for one think it's also necessary for proper grammar as well as proper grammer.

My cousin is an engineer for an adjacent state. She was telling us Embridge has been bribing and buying all kinds of public officials, agencies and entities. They may get their pipeline, but someday the massive corruption will be exposed. Right now they have huge deposits of pipes for the line, in various places, aging and exposed to the elements, and they have been sitting out there for a couple years. Whenever they get around to constructing the line, it's already inherently going to be weakened and vulnerable just from their lack of protecting the materials from the weather ... for months and months. Oil spills ? Who cares. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Hundreds of veterans are standing with standing rock.

http://ktla.com/2016/11/22/hundreds-of-v...e-protest/

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Why is this manner of transporting oil considered so much more egregious than other methods?

I honestly know almost nothing about this.
23-11-2016, 08:37 PM
(23-11-2016 08:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Why is this manner of transporting oil considered so much more egregious than other methods?

I honestly know almost nothing about this.

It probably started with a meme.

'Murican Canadian
24-11-2016, 03:12 PM
Why is POTUS ducking this issue so hard? He could actually make this thing end, and he has nothing to lose. Beholden to donors?

24-11-2016, 03:24 PM
(24-11-2016 03:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Why is POTUS ducking this issue so hard? He could actually make this thing end, and he has nothing to lose. Beholden to donors?

He understands the bigger picture.

'Murican Canadian
25-11-2016, 03:14 AM
(24-11-2016 03:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 03:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Why is POTUS ducking this issue so hard? He could actually make this thing end, and he has nothing to lose. Beholden to donors?

He understands the bigger picture.

Well that clears that issue up. He isn't commenting or making a stand in either direction because he understands the bigger picture...

25-11-2016, 03:38 AM
(25-11-2016 03:14 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 03:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  He understands the bigger picture.

Well that clears that issue up. He isn't commenting or making a stand in either direction because he understands the bigger picture...

He is commenting. His stance thus far is that he's trying to find a workable solution for both parties. He's not unsympathetic towards the protesters, but he also realizes that simply putting a halt to the operation would have both local and far reaching legal ramifications and he's not about to make such a short sighted decision. He doesn't have the luxury of making such a call in a world that is so absolutely dependent on the efficient flow of scarce resources.

In the often referenced trolley problem, a leader of hundreds of millions of people whose decisions go much father than even that has to be the type of person who can divert the trolley, save the 5, and kill the 1.

'Murican Canadian