North Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
North Korea
I was just curious as to all of your opinions on the recent actions taken by North Korea and what you think the future holds with these problems? Since it's just been the discussion of all of my Facebook timeline, and Twitter feed. In which is only posted by the extremely ignorant teenage friends of mine who know nothing of the matter, so I figured I'd come here to the people that actually have common sense.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: North Korea
Go to the Politics section. A lot of discussions of the N.K issue going on there.

Want something? Then do something.
04-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Junyuan - Specifically on the current situation, can you shed some light on the Chinese perspective™? Does China see itself as having a role in keeping the situation calm? Is China actively engaged in keeping things calm? ... or is the situation actually completely calm already and simply a ruse by the North Korean government to influence the US?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-04-2013, 08:24 AM
(04-04-2013 06:45 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Junyuan - Specifically on the current situation, can you shed some light on the Chinese perspective™? Does China see itself as having a role in keeping the situation calm? Is China actively engaged in keeping things calm? ... or is the situation actually completely calm already and simply a ruse by the North Korean government to influence the US?

Five cents a time when you ask for a Chinese perspective™. Happy shopping Smile

Here are some quotes from a random thread regarding North Korea on a Chinese forum I regularly visit:

"Is the war approaching? Felt the pressure."

"That's impossible. Just mouth cannons firing (powerless empty threats)."

"Should be very unlikely."

"Thread starter, don't worry. I live near the boarders. I am pretty calm now."

"Just want to know, who against whom?"

"Hard to say. The starter must be someone who has nothing better to do."

"mouth cannons +1 "

"Maybe the North Korea will destroy the U.S. forces and liberate the entire world. Smile"

"You believed those threats? How naive! If someone really wants war, surprise attack is the best way."

"Liberate those North Korean young girls! "

"Anyway there is good reason to keep the North Korea as a defense. It's always better to fight a war outside the boarders, like what the Americans have been doing for more than 100 years."

"I just booked a trip to South Korea. Am a little frightened. Looks dangerous."

[1] China already recognized her responsibilities of keeping the region calm. And she has been making that effort for several years now.

[2] I am not able to make any comments above the level of what I said above. As for the people I know of, 80% thought it was simply a ruse.

Want something? Then do something.