North Korea Brainwashing vs. Relgious Dogma Brainwashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 06:14 AM
North Korea Brainwashing vs. Relgious Dogma Brainwashing
So yesterday on my nice calming day off I watched two very interesting movies. The first was Jesus Camp due to the post I saw on this form. Of course I had the general reactions to this (feeling bad for the kids, pissed at the parents and leaders of this "army").

Directly after I watched a documentary on North Korea(forgive me I can't remember the exact name but it's on Netflix). This documentary is one of the few where we actually get a look at the lifestyle and the way the people really are in the country. The crew filming go in with a eye surgeon who helped over 1000 blind people regain their eyesight giving them an ample cover story.

Ok so initially I see the normal stuff I've heard of before with them only being permitted to stay in certain places and not being able to film certain locations. What really got me about this film was actually seeing how devoted(or scared) these North Korean's were to their leader. They basically see him as a God in fact they refer to him in this way numerous times throughout the film.

In one scene the lead journalist of the film is a house of one of the blind patients after like 8 request to do so. They are all sitting around in a room and she begins to ask them general questions about their lifestyle and literally every question was met with some form of "I'm happy that the great leader has granted me the ability to do so". So what got me about this scene is that at the end she ask the translator "Do you ever think that the leader can do wrong?" I immediately thought they would get deported just for asking that but they literally did not know what those words meant. The translator just looked at her and said " I don't understand what you're asking" Can you say ultimate brainwashing at it's finest?

So towards the end of the movie the doctor finishes all the eye surgeries but they save the removing of the bandages for last. As the blind gain sight(some for the first time ever) no one and I mean no one thanks the doctor or the nurses. Every last one of the patients get up thanking the leader and going in front of one of the many poster and bow and praise. One man even goes on to say " Thank you leader for the gift of sight and I will go forth and kill many Americans for you" While one of the people who helped them is an American. Facepalm

Immediately after watching this all I could do was think about religions here in America, primarily Christianity. I got a greater understanding and someone sympathy for those who are generally sucked in and know nothing else but that. In North Korea they generally aren't allowed any outside papers or internet so all they know is what they are told. Although most of us in the U.S. grow up with internet access and such, where I grew up in Mississippi you are literally in the middle of nowhere. I didn't have internet connection until 2005 and that was crappy dial-up due to location. Many of my fellow town members are the same so in a way we are secluded to outside ideology(religion or otherwise).

My whole point of this point is these religions....this dogma of Christianity is detrimental to progression and overall sustainability. Just look at North Korea, they have secluded their people and have total control due to indoctrinated fear. As a result they have no trade economy making it's country seemingly poor. Look at some of the states in the bible belt. Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Alabama are among the bottom 10 in terms of education. Numbers speak for themselves.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_bes...ated-index

In the end, I highly recommend watching both of these films as they were very informative and made it clear the kind of damage indoctrination can do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 06:34 AM
RE: North Korea Brainwashing vs. Relgious Dogma Brainwashing
Thing is, the indoctrination in North Korea is not just State indoctrination: it is also religious indoctrination; The 'Cult of Kim' is practically the state religion, wherein the Kims are essentially deities; making it a theocratic necrocracy, as even after death, the Kims retain their position from their time alive (Ex. Kim Il Sung is still the Head of State). They are not just seen as gods; they are gods.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-04-2014, 06:40 AM
(21-04-2014 06:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Thing is, the indoctrination in North Korea is not just State indoctrination: it is also religious indoctrination; The 'Cult of Kim' is practically the state religion, wherein the Kims are essentially deities; making it a theocratic necrocracy, as even after death, the Kims retain their position from their time alive (Ex. Kim Il Sung is still the Head of State). They are not just seen as gods; they are gods.

Their is another big difference (And I've seen both) That being the Kim's riegn through fear of labor camps (much like the Nazis used) So those who appose "the Great leader" are imediatly upp rooted along with their famlies and relocated to one of these camps.

If this were the Case with Christianity message boards and pod casts like the ones found here would not exist.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
21-04-2014, 06:52 AM
(21-04-2014 06:40 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 06:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Thing is, the indoctrination in North Korea is not just State indoctrination: it is also religious indoctrination; The 'Cult of Kim' is practically the state religion, wherein the Kims are essentially deities; making it a theocratic necrocracy, as even after death, the Kims retain their position from their time alive (Ex. Kim Il Sung is still the Head of State). They are not just seen as gods; they are gods.

Their is another big difference (And I've seen both) That being the Kim's riegn through fear of labor camps (much like the Nazis used) So those who appose "the Great leader" are imediatly upp rooted along with their famlies and relocated to one of these camps.

If this were the Case with Christianity message boards and pod casts like the ones found here would not exist.

That's mostly because christianity lost its power to do so.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Christian brainwashing (at least in the states) isn't as bad as what the North Koreans are doing (typically*), but it's certainly the same principle. Some similar things I've noticed:
  • Teach them while they're young.
  • Regularly meet with like-minded individuals and only discuss things in a one-sided way.
  • Poison the well, so that any dissenting view is dismissed as soon as it's made.
  • Always have threats looming overhead to keep people in line. Occasionally remind them of these threats.
  • Ostracize outsiders. Even if you act friendly and accommodating, you're only friendly to them so long as they are considering converting. Otherwise, they are to be pitied or are outright enemies.
  • Encourage people to only hang around like-minded individuals.

* although, some of the more crazy groups do take this to similar levels.
21-04-2014, 07:18 AM
(21-04-2014 06:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 06:40 AM)Drich Wrote:  Their is another big difference (And I've seen both) That being the Kim's riegn through fear of labor camps (much like the Nazis used) So those who appose "the Great leader" are imediatly upp rooted along with their famlies and relocated to one of these camps.

That's mostly because christianity lost its power to do so.

The 'church' may at one point had this power, but Christianity never has.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
21-04-2014, 07:20 AM
(21-04-2014 06:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Christian brainwashing (at least in the states) isn't as bad as what the North Koreans are doing (typically*), but it's certainly the same principle. Some similar things I've noticed:
  • Regularly meet with like-minded individuals and only discuss things in a one-sided way.
  • Poison the well, so that any dissenting view is dismissed as soon as it's made.
  • Always have threats looming overhead to keep people in line. Occasionally remind them of these threats.
  • Ostracize outsiders. Even if you act friendly and accommodating, you're only friendly to them so long as they are considering converting. Otherwise, they are to be pitied or are outright enemies.

Laugh out load
Oh, the irony..

If you were to Honestly look at how you all behave here you would see that 'atheism' follows your bullet points as well.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

21-04-2014, 08:33 AM
(21-04-2014 06:40 AM)Drich Wrote:  

Those who oppose the Great Leader in Christianity fear being uprooted and sent directly to hell to burn for eternity.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
21-04-2014, 09:23 AM
(21-04-2014 07:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 06:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's mostly because christianity lost its power to do so.

The 'church' may at one point had this power, but Christianity never has.

Fucking idiot. Sad attempts at quibbling don't' make you look any less moronic than you have already demonstrated yourself to be.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
21-04-2014, 09:27 AM
(21-04-2014 07:20 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 06:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Christian brainwashing (at least in the states) isn't as bad as what the North Koreans are doing (typically*), but it's certainly the same principle. Some similar things I've noticed:

Laugh out load
Oh, the irony..

If you were to Honestly look at how you all behave here you would see that 'atheism' follows your bullet points as well.

Yeah, the irony that you would stupidly attempt to attribute YOUR despicable actions on us with absolutely nothing to support your ad hoc assertion. But thanks for admitting how despicable your tactics are. Now go fuck off back to the Ring and get your ass kicked some more.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop