North Korea Brainwashing vs. Relgious Dogma Brainwashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: North Korea Brainwashing vs. Relgious Dogma Brainwashing
(21-04-2014 06:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's mostly because christianity lost its power to do so.

Indeed. The catholic church lost it's most convincing argument when they stopped burning people at the stake.

(21-04-2014 07:20 AM)Drich Wrote:  Laugh out load
Oh, the irony..

If you were to Honestly look at how you all behave here you would see that 'atheism' follows your bullet points as well.

Please explain. I'm assuming you're over-defining "atheism" into some kind of single group.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Teach them while they're young.
Most anyone I've seen here talk about teaching children are against indoctrination. They promote critical thinking, not anti-theism.

Regularly meet with like-minded individuals and only discuss things in a one-sided way.
I suppose you could say this forum is the same thing. Other than that, atheists tend to do a lot fewer weekly meetings than theists.

Poison the well, so that any dissenting view is dismissed as soon as it's made.
I'm referencing the Bible's claim of any dissenting point of view being "lies from The Deceiver". We don't do anything that dishonest. It's up to the person making the claim to prove it, and most of them... can't.

Always have threats looming overhead to keep people in line. Occasionally remind them of these threats.
What threats do we make? Certainly nothing like hell.

Ostracize outsiders. Even if you act friendly and accommodating, you're only friendly to them so long as they are considering converting. Otherwise, they are to be pitied or are outright enemies.
Again, we don't have a "they're wrong no matter what, and don't let them taint you" view of things.

Encourage people to only hang around like-minded individuals.
We don't tell people not to hang around theists just because they're theists.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
21-04-2014, 12:27 PM
(21-04-2014 07:20 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 06:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Christian brainwashing (at least in the states) isn't as bad as what the North Koreans are doing (typically*), but it's certainly the same principle. Some similar things I've noticed:
  • Teach them while they're young.
  • Regularly meet with like-minded individuals and only discuss things in a one-sided way.
  • Poison the well, so that any dissenting view is dismissed as soon as it's made.
  • Always have threats looming overhead to keep people in line. Occasionally remind them of these threats.
  • Ostracize outsiders. Even if you act friendly and accommodating, you're only friendly to them so long as they are considering converting. Otherwise, they are to be pitied or are outright enemies.
  • Encourage people to only hang around like-minded individuals.

* although, some of the more crazy groups do take this to similar levels.

Laugh out load
Oh, the irony..

If you were to Honestly look at how you all behave here you would see that 'atheism' follows your bullet points as well.
If I didn't know better, I'd swear you must out to prove how much you don't know. The things you say... Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-04-2014, 12:35 PM
(21-04-2014 07:20 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 06:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Christian brainwashing (at least in the states) isn't as bad as what the North Koreans are doing (typically*), but it's certainly the same principle. Some similar things I've noticed:
  • Teach them while they're young.
  • Regularly meet with like-minded individuals and only discuss things in a one-sided way.
  • Poison the well, so that any dissenting view is dismissed as soon as it's made.
  • Always have threats looming overhead to keep people in line. Occasionally remind them of these threats.
  • Ostracize outsiders. Even if you act friendly and accommodating, you're only friendly to them so long as they are considering converting. Otherwise, they are to be pitied or are outright enemies.
  • Encourage people to only hang around like-minded individuals.

* although, some of the more crazy groups do take this to similar levels.

Laugh out load
Oh, the irony..

The fuck!? Atheism means you don't believe in god. How the fuck do you use that for power?! Might as well use saying fairies aren't real.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
21-04-2014, 12:48 PM
I think I've seen that film... Possibly BBC's Panorama.

It was quite disturbing. Those blind people set up so that the first thing they see after surgery is the portrait of Kim Il Sung.

Its hard to imagine what would happen following any kind of intervention to topple the regime there. These people are kept in the dark about absolutely everything outside NK's borders, and are spoon fed a fairy tale version of reality... How would they react to suddenly having freedom, and seeing their leaders for what they are?

I hate to think what we might find in North Korea if ever we did intervene...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user