North Korea / Communism - my thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: North Korea / Communism - my thoughts
Peaceful Skeptic, that is what communism does afaik. The great leader is stepping in the gap that should be religion.

LadyJane, yes he died but for some reason they seem like they still follow him, not his son... weird thing there

Also I asked today, about religion being illegal in communism. My Malleus said that it wasn't illegal (at least in Romania at the time), it was just a reason not to get a good job or so, because "you were seen going to church!" and things like that. Really weird. I don't know how it is in North Korea though.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2012, 04:49 PM
(25-08-2012 01:49 PM)Leela Wrote:  Peaceful Skeptic, that is what communism does afaik. The great leader is stepping in the gap that should be religion.

LadyJane, yes he died but for some reason they seem like they still follow him, not his son... weird thing there

Also I asked today, about religion being illegal in communism. My Malleus said that it wasn't illegal (at least in Romania at the time), it was just a reason not to get a good job or so, because "you were seen going to church!" and things like that. Really weird. I don't know how it is in North Korea though.

North Korea is not really Communist, per se, it is a totalitarian leader-worship slave society.

And, seriously, it's been like this for decades and you've just discovered it?Sadcryface

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Well Chas, I did not enjoy the exactly best education... So yes, I keep discovering and learning things, other people already know *shrug* I see nothing negative in that

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
26-08-2012, 03:54 AM
(26-08-2012 03:49 AM)Leela Wrote:  Well Chas, I did not enjoy the exactly best education... So yes, I keep discovering and learning things, other people already know *shrug* I see nothing negative in that

Der is nuffing wong with wit rearning, unress it confricts wit "Our Dear Reader" and his Utopia.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2012, 04:51 AM
(26-08-2012 03:49 AM)Leela Wrote:  Well Chas, I did not enjoy the exactly best education... So yes, I keep discovering and learning things, other people already know *shrug* I see nothing negative in that

Not negative, just surprising. Consider

I find I make assumptions about people's general knowledge. I'll work on that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-08-2012, 05:53 AM
(25-08-2012 05:58 AM)ddrew Wrote:  North Korea is the last thing we need to worry about... sure they fire off a rocket now and then to get some attention.. but really... nothing to see here folks.. just move on.. they fucking themselves over 100' times so that they have no chance at all in any future.. of anything...

seriously .. the only reason N.Korea gets attention is because they wave their arms.. fire a firecracker off.. and scream.. "look at me!! look at me!!" and we look... and we see nothing but sadness....

You may not worry about it when North and South face off against each other (like last year when shots were fired), over here we buy more life insurance.

Here is the Singapore (award winning) satire show The Noose with their spoof N. Korean reporter. There are a few local in-jokes so I'd happy to explain anything that doesn't translate well.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post